A Smarty to Rule Them All - Chapter 7 [By Pyrofireflame12]

You are Mabel, a fluffy daycare worker who recently discovered the results of a rabid feral going around attacking and paralyzing other ferals. Although today, you found that the feral had attacked and paralyzed a Smarty, and also castrated him with their hooves. After taking him to your brother’s business partner and fluffy vet, you discovered the appearance of the feral and set out to find it. As you repeat the description in your head, you stalk down the alleyways to find out where it lives.

You nearly trip over something, and stumble to regain balance. You look down, and see a bundle of sticks intertwined with a very thin string. All supported by two cans. Probably some bullshit trap random teenagers made to fuck with fluffies. You kick the trap away and keep walking along. You stop, as the stench of fluffy shit (eugh, you’re all too familiar) is nearby. Deciding to walk down that past hoping that you weren’t about to get ass-blasted by a smarty, you spot a cardboard box. A blanket covers it, and you see a pile of shit a couple feet away. The first thing you do is attempt to spot any things like foals in the pile, but luckily enough there isn’t.

But then you hear a slight Peep!, and realize that the box might have more than one feral. Crouching down, you spot a small herd. But in the middle, is a orange fluffy, with a grey mane, with an ugly gash along one eye. It’s one good eye snaps open.
. . .
Well, shit. This wasn’t… okay, you expected this. But you hoped you at least could escape with the herd if it did happen. The human’ expression changes to anger, and pulls out a device and starts to tap it repeatedly. You don’t know what she’s doing, but it’s a window to escape. You start to haul yourself up, but halfway through the movement your legs fail you. Collapsing back onto the ground, the thud starts to wake up the herd.

The human takes a look while holding up the device to her ear. “Hey Caiden, I finally found that feral that attacked Blueberry. Looks like he’s got a small herd.” She touches Seashell and she lets out a slight eep!. “One’s an Alicorn.”

“Nyu mummah…?”

You want to warn her, warn the herd, but when you open your mouth to speak, all that comes out is a croaking noise. You feel abnormally exhausted, and the human takes notice. “The feral is falling asleep.” She picks you up with one hand. “Yeah yeah, I’ll take them over to you.” You try to call out, to at least attempt to bite her, but every movement fails you. Fatigue beats your desire to protect the herd, and when the herd looks at you, Acorn calls out. “Smawty? Wha’ Smawty doin wif nice wady?”

She looks at you. “So you’re the Smarty? Well then, I’ll have alot of fun with you.” With mammoth-like effort, you open your mouth to scream, to warn them, to bite, you don’t even know. All that comes out is something that sounds like a choking noise and vomiting. Your eyes roll into the back of your head. Sleep won.
. . .
“Nice wady? Wai’ Smawty sweepies? Nice wady? Pwease?” You attempt to ignore the cries of distress after the Smarty passed out in your hand. You knew the signs of distress in fluffies, and he showed next to none. No rapid heartbeat, no screeching, but it seems like he was tranquilized. Putting the Smarty back in the box, you flipped it over and covered the top with the second blanket. As the fluffies inside screamed about a sorry-box, you begin to make the trek to your brother’s house.
. . .
Tending to your fluffies, the doorbell rings. You pet the fluffies, assure them that you’ll be back, and answer the door. It’s Mabel. With a box of crying fluffies.

“Do I want to know?” You ask, in a slightly accusing tone.

“I did nothing. The smarty passed out in my hand.”

“Whatever you say… Come on. Let’s go dump them out in the living room.”

Opening the box and looking at the tear stained fluffies, you pick them up and deposit them on the floor. They don’t have any noticeable wounds, except for the last one. A scar along the left eye. You pry open the eyelids, and all that meets you is a dull grey gaze. The eye probably used to be blue, and opening the other eye confirms it. Strange though, it’s not the size of an Adult fluffy, yet it’s the Smarty of the herd.

“Hey Mabel, you know why this one’s the Smarty? It’s clearly not an adult.”

“Malnourished maybe?”

“Doubt it. Look at that.” You point to the Smarty being nudged by the alicorn. “Bwuddah? Pwease nu tak’ sweepies… Bwuddah?” The brown mare comes up to her. “Smawty am jus’ tiwed…” But you can tell from the tone that she doesn’t believe it. Mabel still doesn’t seem to get it.

“So how does that prove it?”

“If they’re siblings, it’s a pretty high chance that he was the bestest babbeh of the pair. Don’t know how or why he’s bigger in terms of actual size, but the Alicorn was probably malnourished. He definitely got a good amount of milk, probably more.”

“Don’t forget I’ve literally never owned a fluffy. I just care for them for a few hours and stick them in a box when they shit somewhere.”

“Yeah yeah, hey, how about I got get Aurum? She can comfort them.” Aurum is one of the fluffies that acts like a caretaker for your breeding operation. She has yellow, nearly golden fur with a white mane, and used to be a mother, so she understands how distressed a fluffy can get and how to comfort them.

“Sure. It’s weird though.”

“What? What’s weird?”

“Look at the mare and stallion over there. That mare has a foal, but it seems to actually be pretty healthy. And look at the parents. No shit smears around their mouth, so the Smarty wasn’t actually making them eat shit. It’s weird.”

“I guess so. Only one way to find out.” You gesture to the stallion and call him over. “Hey little guy. Does your smarty make you and your special friend-” “WHA? Um, nu, dat nu am speciaw fwend!” You snicker a bit. He definitely acts like he wants that to be true. “Okay. Does your smarty make you and your friend eat poopies?”

He calms down a bit. “Nu, nyu smawty nebah mak’ Peanut an Acown num poopies. Nyu smawty suuu nice.”

You turn back to Mabel. “So they’ve got names. And this is their new smarty. But if they aren’t mates…”

Mabel seems to get it and shudders. “Their old smarty probably raped her and gave her that foal. Even worse, gave her multiple.” She crouches down and pets the Alicorn to comfort her, and asks her, “Hey. Was your brother your mothers bestest babbeh?”

The Alicorn looks a bit sad, angry, and happy all at the same time somehow. “Yesh, bwuddah wus mummahs bestest babbeh. Bu’ buwwdah nebah cawe! Bwuddah awways mak’ mummah gib Seasheww miwkies. Awways gib Seasheww heawt happies wen’ hab heawt huwties.”

“Okay. Thank you.” She turns back to you. “This isn’t a normal case of a Smarty. And the fact that it’s their,” She waves over to the two brown fluffies. “New smarty, he allowed them to join him, and didn’t make them his toilet.”

“Yeah… it’s a case of those ‘Smarty Friends’. They’re smarties that actually care for the herd instead of abusing and beating them. Let’s try to wake him up.” You pat the smarty on the head. “Hey. You there?” More pats. “He’s out cold. I need to break out the smelling salts.”

“Why do you have those?”

“Emergencies.”
. . .
It’s dark. It’s cold. And you still feel tired. Drifting away in your dreams, you can’t see anything, but feel weightless. Seems like the dream that every pegasus shares. But then you feel a surface beneath you. Cold and smooth, like metal.

“So then, here we are.”

You whirl around in astonishment, and find the same creature that has haunted you every night. Soda can. “So then, I suppose you have the ability to enter dreams? If so, leave me the hell alone.”

“Is that how you greet a friend? No matter. I have good news and bad news. The good news is, you will wake up soon. The bad news is, the humans are doing it in a way that will forever alter your body.”

“What does that mean?”

“The humans are using a creation their race has made. Designed to wake up creatures just from the smell. But either way, you won’t be able to get the proper amount of rest you need to overcome this fatigue.”

“Damn.”

“Indeed. But I recommend you hide your true nature. Attempt to not speak, to mimic other fluffies, but either way, only reveal your abilities when you trust them.”

“Alright. Whatever you saAAAY-” And you are torn from your dreams.
. . .
“Bwuddah! Bwuddah wakies!” You wake up to Seashell screaming in your face. God, the smell feels like it punched you in the face. You attempt to raise yourself up, stumble a bit, and bump into Peanut, who does his best to support you.

“Hey there, finally awake? The hell was all that about?” The human who you saw before you passed out is attempting to make you talk. You refuse.

“Mabel- we talked about this. Fluffies go crazy when you swear.”

“Shit.”

“Mabel, I just-”

“Look! They don’t care.”

“Eugh. Fine.”

The herd nearly pounces on you. “Smawty wakies! Hewd haf su many scawies…” You catch yourself about to answer, but you nod. The human, “Mabel” tries to talk to you.

“Hey. We need to ask you about some things.” Silence. “Hey, did you hear me?” A nod. “Okay, then please answer me.” You shake your head. “You little fuck-”

“Ookay calm down! This clearly is a situation for a fluffy. I’ll be right back.” The other human walks away. You simply stare at the human while the herd starts to explore, with the situation less tense. For them at least. The other human returns with a golden pegasus. “Okay, this is Aurum. She’s going to talk to you.” He sets the fluffy down.

“Nyu fwen Hewwo! Am Peanut.” Peanut notices her first, and all the others walk up to greet her. After saying her hellos, she walks to you. “Hewwo. Am Auwum. Mistah Cay-den teww Auwum yu nu mak’ tawkies.” You nod.

She stares at you for a bit. “Mistah Cay-den an’ Miss Mabew am nice hoomins. Hoomins wan’ tu nyo abou’ nyu fwuffy.”

You cock your head, as if to ask why? She sighs a bit, and turns to the human, “Caiden” you think. “Mistah, pwease fin’ bwuebewwy.”

“Oh boy. Alright. I’ll be right back.” Caiden walks off again. And returns with a blue mare, hanging limp in his arms. Wait, is that… Oh fuc-

“SCREEEEEEEEE! MUNSTAH FWUFFY! MEANIE FWUFFY! HEWP! HEWP! SCREEEE!” Seashell recognizes the voice, and starts crying, trying to hide in her hooves as Acorn attempts to comfort her, Peanut walking up to your side, signaling that he wants to help. Aurum seems pissed, though. But attempts to remain calm.

“Bwuebewwy, wha’ did Auwum sai abou’ wingie pointie.”

“W-wingie pointie nu am munstah, bu’ m-meanie fwuffy an’ munstah gif babbehs fowebah sweepies!” Seashell is still sobbing to herself, repeating ‘nu, nu wan…’ It’s amazing how this mare killed two foals directly, one indirectly, and has the gall to shit and piss herself over her fat entitled cunt dying and Seashell showing mercy. Mabel looks at you.

“Care to explain this?” You shake your head, but gesture at Seashell. If she speaks about it to someone other than you, she might feel better. Mabel makes a noise, probably out of anger, but carefully picks up Seashell. “Hey, can you please tell me what happened to this mare?” Seashell takes her head out of her hooves.

“W-wun bwight time Seasheww wan’ tu fin’ nummies… f-fin mawe, bu’ mawe wun way an gif wun babbeh fowebah sweepies an’ gaf oddah babbeh wowstest huwties…” She tries to compose herself. “Seasheww haf tu gif babbeh fowebah sweepies to mak’ huwties gu way!” She’s reduced to a crying mess at this point. You walk over to the pile of shit she made, and gesture to it. Caiden and Mabel don’t understand, but Aurum does. “Bwuebewwy haf poopie babbeh…?” A nod. Her face goes wide with shock, as if asking a silent question. You nod again. Aurum turns to Seashell. “Mawe gif poopie babbeh fowebah sweepies?” Seashell is able to make a noise that sort of sounds like a yes.

“God, Caiden why did you take her in?”

“She was paralyzed and dying all alone! You know I have a soft spot…”

“She shat on her foal to death, killed one foal running from this little ball of fluff, and essentially forced her to kill another foal just to make it’s agony stop.” She portrays nothing but disgust. “It’s no wonder he killed her bestest. She deserved it.”

“Yes yes, I understand. I do have a punishment for fluffies like this.”

“What is it?”

“Give her to one of the less hugboxer breeding sites.”

“Good.”

You’re starting to like the humans. Caiden looks like he has a soft spot for fluffies, but understands that they need to be disciplined. Mabel looks like she also has a soft spot, but understands how cruel they can be more than Caiden. So, you decide to have a little fun.

“I killed her bestest to save Seashell. I don’t regret it.” You see Caiden and Mabel nearly fall over, and Aurum is surprised. “Fwuffy mak’ hoomin tawkies?”

“Yeah. Don’t know how, but don’t bother asking.”

“OKAY! TIME OUT!” Caiden yells. “WHAT?”

Cue the shit eating grin. Mabel looks at you. “Okay, Caiden calm the hell down.” She picks you up. “Was the whole fainting thing some tactic?”

“No.”

“So, you’re telling me, you killed her bestest to save your sister from death? Nice work, but there’s another matter we need to discuss.” She turns to Caiden, who is still freaking out. “Do you still have the ball-less Smarty?” Caiden nods.

“Wait, you want me to- oh, um, okay…” He walks off, and you look at Aurum, who is sternly looking at Blueberry, but also looking at you with an expression of wonder. Caiden returns with a familiar face, and this time Acorn and Peanut back up, Acorn attempting to protect her foal.

“Dummeh… enfie mawe… gun’ gif wowstest huwties, den enf babbeh! Dummeh!”

Acorn is terrified, but Peanut isn’t. In fact, he looks pretty pissed off himself. You haven’t spent too much time with him, but you recognized that after the fight that earned his freedom, he’s looked up to you and tried to be strong. When he learned about Berry, he insisted on going out and looking for him. But now, he has an opportunity for revenge.

“Peanut, calm down. We all want to hurt him, but that’s later.”

“B-bu’ owd smawty twy to enf babbeh an gif fwen bad speciaw huggies!”

Caiden still is in shock, so Mabel is the one that gives the Smarty one hell of a smack on the head. “Don’t fucking talk to them like that. You’re lucky that Caiden took pity on you. If it was up to me, I would’ve thrown you in a river just for being a smarty.”

You laugh to yourself, Mabel, the human who was probably originally planning to throw you in a river herself, is taking your side. "Caiden. Throw these two out. They don’t deserve your kindness. Caiden finally snaps out of it. Mabel pulls out the same device again and calls out to Caiden. “I’m gonna call Janet! I want her to make sure these fluffies are all alright.” She mumbles the last part to herself. “And if I’m feeling merciful, euthanasia…”
. . .
A new human walked through the door. “Janet” apparently. After a while of playing with some borrowed toys from Caiden, your herd stepped up to greet her. Seashell was better, and so was Acorn. “Hewwo nice wady! Nyu mummah?” Acorn asks.

“Hahaha, I’m sorry, but no.” Acorn looks sad. “But if you’re lucky, you might get one.” She starts to pick up the fluffies one by one. She picks up the brown family.

“This is a sad case. This little mare shows signs of being raped. There’s still some poop around her teeth. Looks like she was the enfie mare and poop eater. The stallion also had to eat poop.” She picks up Seashell. “This one doesn’t look that bad, but has some bruises here and there. She’s also slightly malnourished.” Then finally, she picks you up.

“Hello.”

“Eeep! What, how the…”

Mabel takes over. “Yeah, he’s pretty special. We think that he has human intelligence. This guy speaks clear english with no problem.The only problem is this.” She points to your left eye.

“O-okay, I want to know more, but alright.” She opens your left eye and you wince a bit. “Definitely blind here. Luckily, it’s not infected. He’ll be fine, but there’s really no fixing this.” Then she feels around your legs and body. “Denser muscles, too. You’ve got your hands on the demigod equivalent of a fluffy. Maybe even stronger when he’s older. He’s not a full adult yet. Aren’t you?”

“It’s been a few days since we got our teeth.”

“Our?”

“The alicorn’s his sister.” Mabel answers. “But now that this is all done with, I have an idea.”

“What is it?”

Mabel smiles. “What if I adopt your herd.”

Wait, what? Is this what Janet meant? Well, you certainly trust Mabel, you kind of like her, so you have no problems, but you’re a bit concerned about the others. She would probably treat the others right, but Seashell is a special case. You don’t want anything to happen to her. But you don’t think she would hurt her. You make your decision.

“You know what… Sure. Certainly better than fighting fluffies every day!”

“Good, well then, lets get the rest of your herd.”

“Wait. One last thing.”

“What?”

“I need a name. Don’t have one, but I named the rest of the herd myself.”

“Funny. But let me think… how about…”

“Odin.”

|Last|First|Next|

13 Likes

Sorry for how late this came out, I was going to a hotel and rewrote this chapter like 3 times because I couldn’t decide how to make this go.

4 Likes

So… Odin it is. Does this mean that “soda can” is actually Mimer? :wink:

3 Likes

Ye forgot t’ put yer name in the title.

. . .This reminded me of some recent fluffy art of a fluffy named odin and loki that I commented on. ~chuckle~

1 Like

Thanks.

Odin, powerful name,hope this will ease out the everyday prob with his lil herd

Just still worried bout the “soda can” warning now Odin speaker with the humans.

And hope blueberry get her shit :triumph:

I’ll probably do a bonus chapter of what goes on with Blueberry and the castrated smarty. Let’s just say it’s hard to decide which of them has a better life.

1 Like

Just started your series today and absolutely love it. Can’t wait for more.

Also, love the name Odin for him. In mythology, Odin gave his eye for knowledge so a one-eyed, intelligent fluffy has the perfect moniker.

Hey there. Thanks for loving the series, and I think you’re the first person to realize I did that on purpose.

1 Like