A Winter's Tale (Art by Carpdime) (Story by CaptainD) (FB id: 26894, 26964, 27120, 27560 & 27895)

88 Likes

The entirety of A Winter’s Tale, now reuploaded. Written by CaptainD, it was illustrated by Carpdime. Out of all the uploads, only 26964 was archived.

This post is pending further information, whether it is from a retrievable archive or from the artist himself.

UPDATE: According to Carpdime, final page is missing. Pending further review.

5 Likes

It’s the Fluffy gambit

Dumb logic, overt innocence and sheer bad luck.

Once again, fire proves to be the ultimate cleanser.

11 Likes

I love it when fluffy mummuh’s instantly turn on thier kids when something goes wrong

7 Likes

Fun Fact: All of those “why” questions actually have scientific answers. Though of course, they’re not very poetic.

The scientific answer to “Why does Earth quake?” is my favorite. Geology is fascinating.

7 Likes

Also if you ignore the “narration”, this piece is prime moronbox. Hilarious fiasco from start to finish. LMAO

2 Likes

Being born a fluffy is like landing on green in roulette: everybody loses.

1 Like

Man I love seeing their stupidity cause their end.

Very well done. Wow. And you did this how long ago Carpdime?

1 Like

“The flames cannot be reasoned with, and know not of mercy…”

Fuckin’ cool line.

1 Like

WE DON’T NEED NO WATER
LET THE MOTHERFUCKA BURN

This was done in 2014 on the Booru.

I had collaborated with CaptainD previously on a few smaller pieces.

There was a final continuation piece depicting the last red foal that I don’t have anymore, page @Oculusfluffy if you happen to have it.

2 Likes

That would be “how” answers.
Poetry can be added as suits ones taste.

Fluffies being a fire hazard is a headcanon that could stand more use these days.
Having it backfire on one of us abusers, for example.

1 Like

They are “why” answers.

Ex: The answer to “Why does Earth quake?” is “Because of the movement of the tectonic plates.”

“How” answers are similar a bit different; they are about the process behind something, while “why” answers are about the cause behind something.

So “Why does Earth quake?” would be equivalent to “What causes earthquakes?”, while “How does Earth quake?” would be equivalent to “What happens during an earthquake?”

In classical times, how earthquakes were thought to be caused was by the lighter elements escaping Earth - terrestrial burping, as it were.
But as to why, that would be ascribed, more or less poetically, to the will of Neptune, lord of Middle Earth.
When a fluffy asks why does housie fall on fluffy, fluffy is good fluffy, it is very much in the second sense.

There’s two definitions of “why”. I call them “logical why” and “emotional why”. Fluffies definitely use the latter for everything.
It’s honestly clearer in other languages than English.

Ex: In Russian, “почему” and “зачем” both translate to “why” but aren’t interchangeable because they’re not the same definition of “why”.

1 Like

It is fairly clear.
Asking how I kicked the fluffy is not the same as why I kicked the fluffy. One says “the reason why”, not “the reason how.”
Yes, the standard formulation would be “why does fluffy fluff burn”, but how would still be correct, & more accurate.
Is why I am being a spotty Herbert about things.

Is it this one?

1 Like

No its not that one. Its unrelated. Notice the different tail colour.

I’ve actually been trying to check the archives, but I’m not finding anything.

The closest I can think of is this one, but tis on a different pavement and not snow. That said, its pending Carpdime’s input.

2 Likes