Alicorn headcanons?

Question for everyone in here what is your headcannon for alicorns?

7 Likes

Honestly even though I’ve never written any I’d like to believe they are particularly prone to smarty syndrome in domestic setting especially if theyve been abused by other fluffies only to be pampered by a hug or neutralboxer.

However as the general cannon goes Alicorns were fluffies V2, they were supposed to be smarter, friendlier and weed out the faults of the originals.

Personally i’d say while they are smarter, they are just as capable of being evil and maybe even more cruel than your average smarty due to their intelligence. I also think they are aware of not only their values to humans but also that most take pity on them and are decently good at fooling humans.

Perhaps a good story component would be an alicorn that purposely gets itself injured and shat on the elicit sympathy, only to be evicted one the human sees the fluffie’s true colors, repeating the cycle. Actually that could make an excellent group project, self inserts or OCs adopting the same fluffy only to get rid of it and the next author to have their turn

5 Likes

Well…
They’re noticeably smarter by fluffy standards.
Alicorn foal hate is the default but varies between individuals but can be unlearned. My biggest personal touch is that alicorns are more prone to divergent or unusual behavior. Cussing, agression, cannibalism, smarty syndrome, bitch mare syndrome, other mental illness or extreme behavior but not just negative traits. In short alicorns are a little weird.

Sorry for tooting my own horn but my character Damien has a drive for self improvement that makes him try to speak more like a human and try to work out like his daddy/bro.

2 Likes

They are rare and all have not been in any of my stuff yet.

My personal headcanon is that fluffies only normally recognise the patterns they’re preprogrammed to, of Earthies, Pegasi, Unicorns, and humans. This is why they automatically assume Alicorns are monsters, because they’re unintended by Hasbio and not prepared for.

My headcanon continues that alicorns are smarter than normal fluffies and more able to express individuality because knowing that they are fluffies and monsters breaks some of the basic associations Hasbio put on their minds, which weakens a wide set of other mental connections Hasbio made standard to make fluffies more easily controllable and traditionally cute, and breaking those prewritten connections makes space in their brains for personal experience to make new connections.

1 Like

They are cunning and subvert fluffy herds and communities. Inevitably they make themselves unwelcome and are chased out.

They are rare and fluffy usually fear them.

They’re not smarter the any other fluffy, they just have access to more programming that seems to be locked up in other fluffies brains. They are calmer and more obedient and only go smarty if they are spoiled. And untrained.

Welllllllllll…
Since I work predominantly with anthros, the Alicorn headcanon really isn’t much different from other fluffs/anthros in my instance.
They’re just lots rarer than other varieties.

Oh, I’ve got an alicorn who is more evil and cruel than any smarty.

Or most humans.

But yeah, in my headcanon alicorns are the smartest kind. But still not exactly smart by human standards. X-Positive fluffies get an intelligence boost to alicorn level when their powers kick in, if they weren’t already at that level, as do most other kinds of empowered fluffies (like vampire fluffies).

As for the prejudice many fluffies have against alicorns, it was something programmed by Hasbio to maintain their artificial scarcity, but it’s also something that can be overcome. We’re wired to be prejudiced, but we can overcome it.

If anyone has any more questions, fire away.

They have horn and a wings

3 Likes

In my head, Alicorns are simply a cross between Pegasi and Unicorns. They have no specialty, but they are really rare, like 5% meaning they are sought after by rich or pompous people, making them actually pretty costly. Of course, said rarity means some fluffies go their whole life without ever seeing one, meaning their behaviour can range from being curious to being outright hostile. Fluffies can be easily wrangled out of this mentality simply by making them realize that a unicorn is a “pointy fwend”. A pegasus is a “wingie fwend”. A fluffy with both is therefore a “pointy-wingie fwend”! After all, it’s about doing what you’d do with a young kid. Keep it simple and convincing.

A mare giving birth to one will usually realize that it’s hers, though particularly superb, pragmatical or dumb ones might see it as a malformed baby and kill/let it starve or freeze to death.
At the same time, an Alicorn that gets spoiled and realizes he/she is “rarer”, they risk becoming bratty and might even become bossy or aggressive towards “lesser” fluffies and despondent and flippant towards humans, knowing their caretakers will be hesitant to harm them.

1 Like

I never got the “alicorns were supposed to be fluffy version 2.0” thing. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Fluffies come in earthy, unicorn, and pegasus varieties like the characters in the tv show, which they were supposed to cash in on, and alicorns are extremely rare and valuable.

In my headcanon, unless you’re breeding an alicorn or a fluffy you know has the genes for making an alicorn, you’ve got a random 1 in 10,000 chance that a fluffy will produce an alicorn. Breeding two fluffies descended from alicorns gets you a 1 in 100 chance, breeding two alicorns get you a 1 in 20 chance, and breeding two alicorns who are themselves descended from multiple generations of alicorns gets you a 1 in 10 chance. That 1 in 10 chance is per foal.

Alicorns tend to be bigger, stronger, and smarter than the average fluffy, but less so than fluffies specifically bred for size, strength, or intelligence over multiple generations (such as the Clydesdale designer breed or the Trojan designer breed). Otherwise, they’re not any different than regular fluffies in appearance or behavior, outside of having both a horn and wings, and only their rarity makes them particularly desirable for breeders and buyers. As a result of their rarity, they’re extremely expensive, with alicorns that have ugly colors or are otherwise undesirable (fat and dumpy, stupid, behavioral problems) going for a couple hundred bucks and ones with highly desirable traits (good colors, special fluff, high intelligence, good fitness, etc.) going for a couple thousand. For context, I figure a typical fluffy will sell for around $20-30 depending on age, colors, behavior, etc. A ‘trash’ fluffy, bad colors, unfit, stupid, or just a rescued feral up for adoption can go for as low as $10. Foals, obviously, are cheaper than adults. Designer fluffies of various breeds can go for as low as $50 to several hundred bucks, on par with low-end alicorns.

Fluffies react to alicorns in different ways. Mares, being programmed by Hasbio to abandon or kill any defective foals upon birth, may interpret the horn and wings on a newborn alicorn to mean it is defective/deformed and therefore smash it or refuse to feed it. Some may go so far as to interpret an alicorn foal as a monster, because horns and wings on the same fluffy enters the uncanny valley and disturbs and confuses them. Others may (correctly) interpret the foal as being special in some way, treating them as the favorite, or at least giving them additional attention a normal foal wouldn’t get. Still others may see absolutely nothing unusual or noteworthy about an alicorn foal and treat it as normal. Most mares, however, would believe there’s something wrong with their foal and either abandon it or kill it, particularly if the rest of their litter was healthy; a large litter of healthy foals may lead the mare to abandon or kill the alicorn to prevent it from consuming resources (milk, attention) that would be better spent on keeping as many ‘good’ foals alive as possible. Whereas if the mare has only one or two foals, or several are stillborn/runts, she may choose to keep the alicorn, even if it weirds her out or she thinks it’s defective, simply because it doesn’t smell like a runt and any baby is better than no baby.

Fluffies respond to adult alicorns in a less extreme way. Most will be weirded out and disturbed by a fluffy with a horn and wings, but because it doesn’t trigger the ‘bad babbeh’ instinct Hasbio programmed to eliminate defective foals, the worst they’ll do is socially ostracize an alicorn, avoiding it as much as possible. Most fluffies will get along fine an alicorn they are personally acquainted with, however, even if it weirds them out at first. Some fluffies will see nothing wrong with an alicorn and treat it like any other fluffy, and still others will see an alicorn as special for being as big and strong as an earthy, as smart and pointy as a unicorn, and as agile and winged as a pegasus. I’ve written about no less than two different feral herds that accepted an alicorn into their ranks as being special, almost religiously so (granted, the one herd believed the alicorn foal to be their chosen one because he literally fell from the sky in a rocket).

Feral fluffies are more likely to exclude an alicorn they don’t personally know, driving him away from the herd, while domestic fluffies are more likely to accept them, particularly if they live with them rather than simply seeing them at a fluffy daycare facility. Fluffies belonging to professional breeders are the most likely to be accepting of alicorns, given their upbringing and training.

1 Like

In the head canon I’m working on:

• Alicorn births are incredibly rare, there’s just %7 chance of one being born even with Alicorn Parents! It’s even lower at 5% if the parents are a unicorn & pegasus, and less than %3 with an Earthie. You’re better off trying to win the lotto than your fluffy mare giving birth to an alicorn in her litter.

• Alicorns were breed with relative ease at HASBIO Labs, yet that information was highly safeguarded and stored in secured facilities. When the raids started this information and equipment was moved out of the country and stored secured facilities where it’s highly safeguarded and used high-end designer Fluffy firms (former executives and scientists that went on to create these firms). These firms fluffies and services are incredibly expensive and certainly out of the budget for your everyday person. Their clientele include Celebrities, rich businessmen, famous athletes, etc. All of which is use them status symbols.

• Alicorn’s colors are usually brighter and vibrant (even the brown and “bad colors”!) it’s also not uncommon for Alicorn manes and tails to have streaks of various colors, the most common colorings tend to be usually pastel, ivory, alabaster, sliver, etc.

• Alicorn’s foal’s are worth nearly a $1,000 and that’s just for the “bad colors” the price only goes up according to colors and age, it’s not uncommon for Breeders and firms to offer serious money for adult fluffies.

• Buying an Alicorn can be expensive but it’s not entirely out of reach for the every day person, if they go to their local breeder’s they’ll only sell Alicorns to individuals with good references; it’s also not uncommon for fluff-marts to have wait-lists and preorders for Alicorns and it requires a 50% deposit.

• Alicorns lifespans vary but on average they’ll live to 12 years without any issues and with high end care and treatment it’s not uncommon for them to live 20 years.

• Alicorn Abuse does occur as but due to the rarity of the breed you’ll likely see on social media like apps such as “Abuse-Hub” to see an AC abused and killed often gets high views, it’s equivalent to smashing up something expensive.

Rare for me. It can theoretically happen, but it’s about as likely as a person having argyria in our world. If born in captivity, they’re usually kept under lock and key; they usually get spared if found out in the wild even if the rest of a herd might be killed. To date, there has been no successful breeding program that’s yielded an alicorn on purpose, though. There’s also nothing special about them other than it’s a fluffy pony with a horn and wings.

Fluffies themselves tend to only discriminate between ‘fwens’ (i.e., other fluffy ponies, loving humans, familiar animals, objects they understand, etc.) and ‘munstahs’ (i.e., everything else), so a mare might be proud of herself for giving birth to a unique baby for a bit, but that would otherwise be it.

Alicorns were meant to be bred for in the finished product, with proprietary drugs involved for both making the fluffies fertile and modifying the odds of offspring types. Producing an alicorn litter would be a serious investment, needing both fertility activators and ‘alicorn serum’ to modify the fetus type. As a high-end investment, alicorns do get a boost to intelligence (actually a lessening of intelligence suppression,) and a bit more durability.
Due to the development models getting loose without the intended fertility and type controls, any old fluffy can breed and can pop out an alicorn, though they’re harder to carry to term. Type isn’t solely genetic, and can be switched in utero by essentially random firing of hormones in the mare.

This turned into more of a general headcanon post than specifically alicorn-focused… enh. It’s in there.

1 Like

Obviously they have to be the rarest sub species with 50% earthie 22% Pegasus 21% unicorn 2% alicorn
Alicorn hate is sorta rare in domesticated fluffies but if they live in more rural areas especially away from humans its RAMPANT
Alicorns are almost immune to smarty syndrome
Theyre prone to having larger litters
Theyre more accepting of babbehs with “bad colors”
If 2 alicorns have a litter only about half will be alicorns
Generally they won’t be the leaders of their herd

1 Like

For me it’s simply a rare genetic offshoot which, as most of the established lore goes, means that’s they are not only rare but are highly unlikely to live past infancy as most of their kind view them as “Munstahs”.

On the exceedingly rare occasion one does survive, it boils down to individual cases;

If raised with love and affection by a mother instead of being destroyed at birth, you would likely get the normal fluffy with a handful of extra bits. This also means they would be repulsed to see other Alicorns and themselves as the latent program in them can still potentially cause self harm or termination unless positive reinforcement is offered. When it is not it would not be usual for the fluffy to have an crisis of existentialism and self worth. Some rebound from this while some don’t, but those that do become more callous and hardened to the hardships of the world, potentially showing signs of Smarty syndrome. Others could potentially be jaded and learn to cope and adapt intelligently to the way the world sees them and either act in kind to it or stick to the idea that they are still a “Good Fluffy” despite what they are.

If a foal survives an abusive upbringing, I can see them having anything from an extremely bleak outlook on other fluffies, to the “poopie baby” traits of having humility and nonsense of worth beaten into them, to even them eventually breaking and reacting violently or scared towards any other fluffy interactions.

It would all boil down to the personality, intellect of the individual along with how they were raised to see the world itself and the fluffies and creatures that inhabit it. Just like any other animal, I would have a feeling they would slowly and painfully adapt to the world around them.

No different. Just rarer. The S U P R E M E brick of fluffies, paying extra just for the sake of telling others you paid extra for a worthless bauble

2 Likes