Alicorns and Bad Parents.

Should a mother produce an Alicorn with the same colors as her, would she harm it, or declare it as a bestesh babbeh? Replies are welcome on how she would handle it.

5 Likes

The colours might save its life since it would be ‘pretty’ but it would still be ostracised and bullied for being a monster.

6 Likes

I think the munstah label would override how “pwetty” it may be, because bitch mares seem to become violent with alicorns upon birth. Regular fluffies will become scared more than anything, but with the enraged panic they seem to inspire in bitch mares I imagine they’d see red and just want to get rid of the munstah, not even noticing its color.

3 Likes

She might bite off it’s horn or wings to make it “normal”.

2 Likes

Before I read the post, I thought it was gonna be a question about if alicorns can be bad parents and reject their poopies etc. Which, surprisingly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen depicted?

As for alicorns that look like the mom… It’s hard to say. Probably comes down to the mindset of the mom. For example, she might think it’s a demon doppelganger and kill it specifically because it looks like her. Or she might decide “close enough” and maybe ‘fix’ it so it looks like her by removing the extra bits she doesn’t want. The good and bad may cancel out so she keeps it around without letting it be a bestest, or she might declare that too many bits or not this is her baby and she loves it. She might even keep it around out of fear that it’s somehow linked to her life force (since it looks like her) and think that any harm done to it will also harm her, making her overprotective of it.

Really, the sky’s the limit on this one I think.

Depends on the mummuh. If it was a mummuh who had been intensivly taught that alicorns are NOT monsters, I’m sure she would take care of it no matter what coloration.

If she was a typical fluffy, she’d probably just be very very confused and either care for it, albeit reluctantly, or run away screaming.

If she was a Bitch Mare? Well, it would be dead or a poopie babbeh.

Going off my personal headcanon and the old hive. That alicorn would be doomed without human involvement because any regular type fluffy would see it as a monster. It would depend on the mares temperament. A braver and brattier mare, usually a domestic, would squish it immediately. A more skittish, feral mare or a mare with good temperament would abandon it because they are either too afraid or don’t have the heart to kill it. Or in domestic/breeder settings, they’d call their owner to take care of it. The only way it would survive without is a a mare that lost all her other foals but that alicorn might take it in because it’s the last foal.

That would actually be a fun prompt. The whole idea with alicorns with original hivecanon are that they are incredibly nice because they get the best traits out of fluffies (Smarter than a unicorn, more athletic than a pegasus, longer lifespan than an earthie) and they are grateful to be alive so they are both smart and also incredibly good tempered. The whole downside to being an alicorn being that unless the owner is super rich and can afford a pair. They live a lonely life and wish for the company of other fluffies because they are even more social than a regular fluffy.

Spoiled Alicorns starting to reject offspring for not being “Pretty” enough to the horror of their owner (who’s trying to breed them for profit) would be a fun prompt for a story