Am i Allowed to post Art from an Artist who no longer associates with the FC?

It’s best to ping the staff with @ staff ( no spaces) to see what they will say.
But most of the re uploads are done with some tacit agreement that the original artist is alright with it.
In so far we know.

The fact that divine didn’t react to you at all seems to indicate they don’t want to be associated with fluffies anymore.

2 Likes

Ill ask again just to be sure, even if they dont respond, ill know my answer.

1 Like

Who knows they might say “yeah sure” but I wouldn’t hold my breath,

2 Likes

Was DivineSugarCrush the one known as Gala on the old booru?

1 Like

According to the archive, yes they were.

1 Like

To each their own, I personally don’t care if someone recognises me or not~

Then again, I’m pretty confident with my art and my name attatched to it. For some people passion for fluffies could be embarrassing, which is understandable ^^’ That’s why I respect people and their decisions

2 Likes

There might be a problem then:

Gala’s earliest post on booru:

I’m not a mod though, so I don’t know why the rule is like this

From what I recall that was part of an agreement with the booru owner.
I don’t know specifics.

2 Likes

While everything may not make the site, there’s still value in archiving content. We may be able to add the artwork to the archives in case the artist gives permission at a future date or wishes to recover their content.

Feel free to DM me and I can put art in a temporary holding space and work with the archive team to get it permanently stored.

1 Like

While everything may not make the site, there’s still value in archiving content. We may be able to add the artwork to the archives in case the artist gives permission at a future date or wishes to recover their content.

Feel free drop me a DM and I can put art in a temporary holding space and work with the archive team to get it permanently stored.

1 Like

Okay, ill hit you up after work and send you all of the saved art i have of them!

If you have contact information for the creator, I can also reach out as part of the upload/archive team and let them know the purpose. They may respond to a formal request with the caveats of keeping them anonymous.

1 Like

Well they still go by u/DivineSugarRush on reddit, that’s about it

Looks like we have a lot of their content archived already under their artist name. The images are signed Gala, and they are a user on here already as well. So we do have somebody we could transfer ownership to. @Virgil do you see any problem with uploading Gala/Divine-Sugarcrush content on here? Their account was created by your invite from the looks of things.

1 Like

Got a tipoff from Virgil about this. As someone whose been actively involved with reuploading and maintaining archived content, some explanations are in order.

As per what AMD said, when looking to rehost content from Fluffybooru, we had to clear with the rights form the previous owner of the booru. As Guzziman was and remains to be uncontactable, it fell to Hewmon, who did own the booru up to 2019. Since his copy of the booru went up only to 53139, we cannot reupload any content further then that unless its by the respective content creator from that period. Even when we do reupload content though, we assume that the content belongs to the original artist/creator, a reason why we have the @Archivist and archive accounts - assuming the person rejoins, we have to return the content to them.

We’ll look into contacting them to confirm if it’s the same person. There are cases where a person makes a similar username, but may not actually be the artist/creator in question.

Since you seem in the know about it, I’ve been curious if the archive is something that anyone can view, or only the archivists? I completely unserstand if it’s not public (for the same reasons thete are rules about what can be posted here), but I haven’t heard anything stated outright.

@meganonymous , the owner of one archive, has publicly posted the link to his archive before on 4chan’s /trash/. However, I would prefer that he shares the link himself as its his archive.

2 Likes

Related to the topic, a follow-up:

4 Likes

Stellar! @Biorb_Biorb I’ll work through what we have in the archive, and if you see something missing in those uploads, send them my way and I’ll post them up, too.

1 Like