Are vent stories frowned upon?

Fairly simple question, pls answer

2 Likes

What are vent stories?

1 Like

lets say you read a story somewhere that just leaves you feeling infuriated. a vent story would help with that i guess

3 Likes

i discovered the concept just now, and to be honest, i have no idea. if you just need to blow some steam then sure I guess.

3 Likes

theres just sometimes when you read something so infuriating, so frustrating, that you have to write something to convey that.

2 Likes

well, THERE ARE that one smarty i would like to beat a shit out of, so yeah, it is an idea I can get behind

4 Likes

what if its a human? what if its a human that makes you feel that way? one explicitly described as being a pedophile?

3 Likes

well it’s a bit trickier. I once had the idea that one of his captured fluffies accidently released all the other fluffies, which attracted the attention of his neighbors, who then called the police on him. but guess anything works if it involves fluffies in one way or another

3 Likes

I think the question is whats the agenda, and whats the goal. When you say vent stories, you usually are venting about an issue

4 Likes

i think the only goal is to kick Marakasaya’s oc in the face

5 Likes

Im probably not gonna post it. Just imagine a patrick bateman like character viciously stomping on the head of a pedophile raping a 10 year old until the pedos head is nothing more than a pile of mush, while a herd of fluffies look on in horror

4 Likes

there always write and delete treatment if you want

3 Likes

Yes but only if you make him as amusing as patrick bateman

3 Likes

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

3 Likes

Generally, human on human abuse is frowned upon

3 Likes

Like the idea of venting. I believe this fandom is based on catharsis.

I AM wary about venting about stories/comics originating here, though. The booru had problems where people would do shit-edits of hugbox/abuse to make them the opposite box. It created a lot of bad blood between creators and unnecessary drama.

If you want to vent, and I can’t believe I’m recommending this (/s Vaught is a dope green-texter), go the @L.AVaught route. Make a generic story that points out the flaws of the story/genre that’s ruffling your feathers.

I say this as a creator. If someone did a shit-edit of Henrietta’s finale and made it hugbox, I’d be pissed. And if that stuff just continued and compounded, I could see myself leaving the FC if there was just a bunch of unnecessary drama, with people “correcting” others’ stories/comics.

On the other hand, if someone made a generic story taking the piss out of my headcanon (I’ll admit, it fairly restrictive and isn’t perfect) then I’d be much more understanding of that.

But honestly, I think the best approach is creating something unrelated that brings you balance. If it’s an overly abuse-gore story that’s bugging you, write an unrelated overly hugbox story, or vice versa. I just don’t want to see creator’s feel like they are being attacked for their creations. That’s a grand melting pot for getting artists and writers leaving the FC

edit: Also what @DeusLibra mentioned. This is a sub for fluffy abuse/hugbox. Human on human is a def no-no. If you REALLY needed to bring a human down a few pegs, go the old Emerald route of having an OC fluffy go renegade and vigilante on humans. His stories were a blast! :joy:

6 Likes

Human on human is a no no. How could you do this to me? Assuming it’s not for bigoted reasons adding human death just makes it funnier.

4 Likes

Sorry for doing you like that, bro. Loving you single-handily reviving the Green Text genre. Your text posts are such a blast :sunglasses: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, I’d be lying if I said I’m not upset about that rule though. As I’ve said before for me this isn’t about catharsis or sadism it’s about dark comedy, so adding humans killing each other would naturally just add to that. Like the reason I find fluffies comitting fluff sacrifice for dumb reasons funny is because it’s only a bit funnier than humans doing it. I understand why though because it can lead to bigoted content and personal attacks.

4 Likes

i believe so but as long as it doesnt break any of the rules id suggest 2 do like i do, use reddit as your vent platform if u want 2 be safe

3 Likes