Bird-Based Pegasi: Chickens (Star-The-Alicorn)

The ones pictured above are based on 2 chicken breeds. The rooster (the one crowing) is based off of a Rhode Island Red. The hen (The one holding an egg) is based off of a Barred Rock.

Chicken-based pegasi are very good with farmers and chicken owners. They tend to be the leader of any chicken flock they live with, and act like any normal chicken. With the exception that they’re able to talk, of course.

Chicken pegasi are like normal chickens: Love food to the point where they’ll do anything for it, have a very important pecking order, and the hens lay eggs. When a hen is not broody, she’ll let you collect her egg like it doesn’t concern her. But when she does go broody: Look out. She’ll become an angry, bitchy, loud fluffy that is not going to let you take her egg without a fight. She’ll call any eggs nestled under her her “Soon-babbehs” and coo to them all the time.

The average adult chicken pegasus will be about the size of a Brahma hen (This is a large chicken breed). This fluffy is already a sub-breed of the pegasus, but it has many color variations, almost as many variations as there are real chicken breeds.

The male pegasi tend to be horndogs, and chase the females a lot in the attempt to mate (This happens with real-life chickens constantly). They also work as good alarm clock for farmers, since they crow at 4 am every morning on instinct.

25 Likes

I love this idea so much. Also! Chicken Run…but with fluffies.

4 Likes

Omg YES that’d be something I’d watch.

4 Likes

Where’s the white speckles on that barred rock? picky nitpick. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This is one of those moments where I wish I could animate!

2 Likes

You right! I unfortunately got a bit lazy :smile:

1 Like

Same here! I gotta teach myself how to do that soon.

2 Likes

Understandable.

2 Likes

My grand parent’s roosters never crow on time they just do it whenever they fell like it.

2 Likes

Mine crow at 4 am and all day. One of them has an awful one-note crow that sounds like screeching tires.

2 Likes

like this?

2 Likes

Oh god I love long-crowing roosters
A bit, but shorter. He just has the “doo”, not the “cock-a-doodle”.

2 Likes

These are cute, though a broody hen probably winds up dinner if the bitching is too aggressive. I’m just waiting for turkey-fluffs. The real life birds are dumb enough if they look up during a rainstorm they get hypnotized and drown. I can’t imagine how hilarious that variant would be.

1 Like

Ah okay. omg there’s a type of chicken with really long tail feathers.
XD

2 Likes

That’s a myth. They don’t do that.

1 Like

That… is awesome, makes me want to draw a cockatris.

2 Likes

That has to be a trait of the fluffy version then, it’s required. Also, darn, that was hilarious to me.

3 Likes

5 Likes

ill take 5 hens and 1 rooster

3 Likes

The “soon babbeh” thing is brilliant!

1 Like