Bird Fluffies

I’ve had the thought in my head for awhile about bird fluffies.

We have regulars, micros, sea fluffies, and now even bread fluffies, so why not an avian variation?

I’m mainly posting as a brainstorming exercise to see what people think of the idea and maybe hear other’s suggestions. I’ll start with mine:

Bird fluffies are a subspecies of fluffies like seafluffies or micros. Instead of fluff they’ll have a covering of soft feathers, which like on fluffies provides no real warmth. Like with IRL birds they’ll spend their days perched in trees singing their mating calls.

Instead of the peaceful singing of birds in the morning you’ll most likely hear cries of “Biwdie wan speshaw fwiend! Wan speshaw huggies! Wan chirpies!” As you’d expect, most people really don’t like this, and even the most strong of hugboxers struggle with the urge to shut it the fuck up.

Perhaps the most important feature is their reproduction. Instead of birthing live children, they’ll lay eggs. Mummahs will sit on them and keep them warm, and when they hatch feed them chewed worms. The usual bird stuff. This leaves many options for abuse and sadbox stories. Abusers destroying a nest in front of mummah. A mummah being stuck in a garage while her chirpies starve to death in their nest or are picked at by the neighborhood cat. In short, new possibilities for all your suffering needs.

Most specimens can fly, though if overfed can become too bloated to do so. Different types may prefer the usual bird lifestyle, building nests in trees, eating from the feeder, the like. Others may be more like ducks, living mostly in lakes, building their nests on the shore, having their chirpies paddle behind them in a line while some hungry gator watches below.

Those are just my ideas though, wanted to get them all out there and see what everyone else thought of the concept

9 Likes

Between chicken fluffs and puffy griffins, I could easily see this as a thing.

6 Likes

Soo, nightmarishly obnoxious Pegasus’ who can actually fly…

…oh god, imagine if a flock of them roost above your car and shit on it! :scream:

3 Likes

holy hell I forgot the shitting

probably regular bird shit but worse, and always on your windows

3 Likes

(Walking along one day, minding your own buisness)

“NUU! BAD POOPIES!”

(Sound of the entire contents of a paint can splattering on the ground)

“JESUS CHRIST IT’S EVERYWHERE!”

4 Likes

I’d like to imagine that Bird Fluffies cannot fly - they can certainly glide and maybe even hover for a little bit - but they cannot actually fly (say Hasbio made them just a little too heavy to prevent escaping).

BUT… the Bird Fluffies don’t actually know this, in fact they are adamant they can fly, just like Pegasus Fluffies sometimes do but the stubbornness increases tenfold. These leads Bird Fluffies to do whatever they can; run, jump or climb, to make their nest as high off the ground as possible, only to find that whenever they leave to find food, the return journey is often much harder and several parents end up not being able to return at all. They simply hop impotently at whatever structure they’ve built their nest own, crying out for their starving babies.

This would explain the rarity of the Bird Fluffy, whilst also tying it into the depressing and idiotic lifestyle of it’s mammal counterpart.

9 Likes

And then you capture it and it has to spend some time in the Sorry-Cage

2 Likes

The ability to glide sounds fun. I’d almost say a sugar glider fluffy would be neat, but that’s not a bird.

I do wonder if making them like penguins - flightless but do well under water - might be an option.

1 Like

oooohhh a fluddy that driving hugboxers become abusive one…
i like it…want to draw it but not have that clear stuff image lol

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of “fluffifying” other animals.

Though a breed of exceptionally stupid pegasi that think they are birds because they have wings would be fun.

3 Likes

On the topic of flying fluffies:
I think there was a comic that had fairy-like fluffies. Basically, fluffy pillows with butterfly wings.

On your idea:
I like it. It would be nice if we could see some visual depiction of an artist doodling from your descriptions. But the concept itself is really interesting.

Caveat:
Though the bird fluffy is bred to resemble a flight-capable creature
they are still unable to fly