Cherry and Brian, Chapter 15: Epilogue (Star-The-Alicorn)

Because this is the very last chapter, it’s a bit long. Have fun!

After a few weeks, Gavin was released from the hospital. Brian happycried the whole way home, to the point where Gavin had to drive. The fluffies were overjoyed to see one of their owners safe and sound as they zoomed to the front door the second it opened.

“GAVIN!” Cherry squealed as he crashed into the tall man’s legs. He hugged them hard, as if he was afraid Gavin would disappear if he let go. Switchy slowly approached Gavin, shaking and crying. His fuzzy face was crumpled, and he had large bags under his bloodshot eyes as if he hadn’t been sleeping.

Gavin kneeled down, and opened his arms with a kind smile and a “Come here.”

Waaaaah!” Switchy bawled as he raced forward. He pushed himself as close as he could to Gavin, babbling. “Switchy miss yoo su much!” “Daddeh say dat yoo am otay but nu was suwe!” “Thought yoo went fowevah sweepies!”

“Awww, buddy…” Gavin stroked Switchy’s mane while Cherry stood to the side, shocked. He’d never seen Switchy break down like that, ever. The sudden vulnerability of the rock of the herd made him feel awkward, but he stepped forward and nuzzled him in comfort anyway. Switchy let out a series of happy chirps, fluttering his wings.

Apple’s hooves slipped and slid on the kitchen tile as he galloped towards Gavin. He almost leapt onto Gavin’s head, nuzzling his pink, curly hair. “I wuv yoo dada! I’m gwad you’we safe!” The green alicorn cooed as he pushed his head under Gavin’s chin. Gavin gently scratched Apple’s cheek, and Apple melted at the touch.

“Nyu daddeh?” Gavin heard Lucky gasp. She bounded towards him and instantly leapt into his already full arms. Gavin laughed as he fell over onto the floor with a huge pile of happy fluffies. Lucky started gently rubbing her chin on Gavin’s hands, hating the smell of hospital on him. “Nyu daddeh am huwt? Nu wowwy! Wucky fix wif huggies!” Lucky giggled as she wrapped her tiny front legs around gavin’s neck. Gavin hugged back, touched.

“D-Dummeh hooman!” Gavin looked up to see Dusk standing a few feet away, shaking. “Why yoo scawe Dusk wike dat? Dusk thought yoo wewe gone fowebah!” The earthie’s face crumbled and his head hung low. “Huu, huuu…” Then he crashed into Gavin and hid his now-wet face in the man’s chest. “N-Nebah do dat again! Yoo am pawt Dusk’s hewd! W-Wuv yoo too much to be otay wosing yoo!”

Both Brian and Gavin spent lots of time with the fluffies for weeks afterwards, knowing full well that the incident had had effects on them all. Cherry was less forgiving towards fluffy abusers. Switchy was on edge for months, sure that Julian would come back any minute. Lucky was extra cuddly and protective. Apple was no longer so timid, and tended to follow Dusk around a lot. Dusk angrily barked and growled at large, tall men (Excluding Gavin) for the rest of his life.

2 years later, Gavin and Brian married. It was a large celebration. Many family members of Gavin’s came, and while Brian invited his whole family, only the black sheep of the family showed up. It was Brian’s favorite cousin, who was Brian’s best man. Will was a groomsman, and because Cherry was there, he elected not to bring Berry. Cherry was the proud ringbearer, carrying a red pillow that was strapped to his back. Lucky was the flowergirl, scattering gorgeous petals with her mouth. Switchy, Apple and Dusk were junior groomsmen.

The entire time the two of them made their speeches, Brian was crying. He could hardly speak when it was his turn, but Gavin was patient and rubbed Brian’s back in comfort.

“It is the power invested in me, that I now pronounce you married. You may kiss.”

Brian and Gavin’s lips crashed together, and they held each other as tight as they could. Until Brian’s spine popped a bit and Gavin had to stop holding him so hard. But other than slight back pain, the kiss was fantastic. Everyone cheered, Gavin’s large family jumping up and yelling excitedly and happily. The fluffies reared up and whinnied loudly.

After everyone went home for the day and Gavin and Brian left for their honeymoon, the two men sat up in bed watching the resort’s television. The fluffies were in a smaller, separate room, sleeping. Gavin and Brian had been interviewed previously because of the stabbing incident, and so had their fluffies. Because the fluffies had immediately leapt to save their owners the way a loyal dog would, the matter of fluffies was once again taken to court.

The fluffies awoke from the tv as the two men turned it up, and they all wandered into the room, curious. They understood a fair bit of human language, mannerisms and terms by now, which included some of the judicial system. Everyone watched with bated breath as the judge made their verdict.

“We, the jury, sworn to the above entitled actions upon our oaths, deem fluffies sentient enough to become a part of the animal kingdom.”

“The clerk is going to go down the line, please answer yes or no to their question.” The judge added. Each person said “Yes” as he went down the line.

Both Gavin and Brian leapt out of bed with whoops of joy. The fluffies ran and jumped around, whinnying excitedly. They cheered louder as the judge spoke on.

“Therefore, as of October 12th, 20xx, on 2:35 am, the abuse, neglect and mistreatment of fluffies is now illegal. The production, distribution and use of litterpals, milkbags, enfie pals, and other such items are now illegal. Needlessly painful or long euthanization of fluffies, especially for the purpose of making them suffer, is now illegal. Fluffies are considered animals from this point forward and any violations of these new laws will carry the same punishment as the abuse of other animals.”

They partied all night, only finally passing out at 9 am that morning. Once the honeymoon was over and everyone was back home, Cherry and Switchy approached their newlywed owners.

“Daddehs. Fwuffies wan’ ask yoo somefing.” Switchy mumbled a bit.

“Can… Can Chewwy an’ Switchy hab babbehs? Can adopt?” Cherry pleaded, hopeful tears building in his eyes.

“Of course you can!” Brian answered without a second thought. Both Cherry and Switchy cheered and hugged each other.

A few days later, they were at the nearest fluffmart. Brian smiled smugly at Matheson, who was complaining to himself about the lack of abuse equipment. “Too bad buddy, looks like you’ll have to stick to pulling the wings off bugs.” Gavin snidely commented. Matheson looked down in shame and said nothing. He had lost, and he knew it.

Cherry and Switchy picked out the foal-sized litterbox, the foal toys, and the beds they’d eventually use when they grew up. They also picked up some formula and extra bottles, though they had kept the one they had used for Tangerine. Then, they went to multiple locations. First, they went to visit Night with her latest litter of rejected foals.

“Babbeh? Yoo come to supwise visit mummah?” Night gasped. Cherry cooed as he was lowered into the pen, and he hugged his mummah tight.

“Missed yoo! Chewy wub yoo, mummah!” Cherry purred as Night pet his mane, like she always did. He gazed down at her latest litter. It was a mix between alicorns, physically and mentally disabled foals, and foals that had been their past mummah’s least favorite color. He loved them all, but there was no way he could have the heart to take all her babies at once.

“Night… Chewwy am visitin’ fow a speciaw weason today.” Switchy explained, smiling.

“Mummah! Chewwy wan’ adopt some babbehs!”

Night gasped, hooves coming to her face in shock. “M-Mummah… Gon’ be a gwandma!?” She cried excitedly. She accidentally spooked her babies, who started chirping up a storm. “Oh! Sowwy, babbehs! Mummah got too excited.” She cooed as she calmed them down.

Cherry ended up taking a pitch black pegasus with 3 legs, and a light brown earthie with a baby blue mane and tail. Next, Cherry and Switchy rescued the few foals left in the only canned foal machine that hadn’t been taken down. There were only 3. Since it was legally animal abuse to leave them in the machine, Brian reared back and hit the glass with a heavy pipe. The plastic protected the foals, serving a good purpose for once.

One of the foals (A white unicorn with a pink mane and tail) was too big for his can, so Brian and Gavin had to carefully cut the can open. The foal gasped for air as it was taken out. It was clear that the foal would have weak legs for life, but the foal would be ok. There were electronic wheelchairs for fluffies.

Another foal had run out of formula, so they immediately got to feeding her once she was out. She was a strikingly bright blue alicorn with a vermillion mane and tail, with red hooves and a bigger than normal horn.

The last foal was a dark brown unicorn with a purple mane and tail. This one was just fine. They took all the foals home and they began to grow into strong, kind fluffies that took no shit.

The black pegasus was named after his mummah, Night. He was shy, sweet and very tactile. The light brown earthie was named Smoky. She was brave, brash and loud. The white foal who was in a wheelchair was named Blizzard. He was confident, patient and dignified. The bright blue alicorn was named Sapphire. She was a bit of a smarty unfortunately, though it didn’t take much to get her to knock it off. And finally, the purple unicorn was named Quartz. Quartz was the big sister to them all, and loved being the leader.

Brian and Gavin were married for the rest of their lives. Cherry and Switchy loved their foals dearly until the day they died. Their foals grew up to become loyal, cheerful and loving. They had foals of their own. Then their foals had foals, and so on. Brian and Gavin kept every litter, though they were few and far between. Even when they were gray and old, they kept fluffies as companions and family. They loved every single one.

And nothing bad happened.

THE END

Author’s note: Holy shit! It’s finally over. I may not have told you, but this was a story I had worked on for 6 years straight. From the time I first found fluffies to now. It’s both wonderful and heartbreaking to finally end the main series. (I may make a humorous sequel series involving Cherry and Switchy’s adopted foals, if my brain cooperates.)

Of course, I’ll still be writing skits and memes of them here and there, and there’s that abuse AU I’m currently making. But the main canon series with Cherry and Brian has officially come to a close. Thank you all so much for the support and feedback! It helped me grow as both a person, artist and writer, and I hope you’ll all stay with me for many stories to come. Thank you!

Love you all!
-Star :star:

First chapter: Cherry And Brian, Chapter 0: Cherry's Backstory (Star-The-Alicorn)

Previous chapter: Cherry and Brian, Chapter 14: The Final Fight (Star-The-Alicorn)

Final chapter: You are here :heart:

13 Likes

Yeey, reasonable humans recognize fluffies as animals because logic works. So glad for the whole family, both humans and fluffies. This is a really heartwarming ending.

6 Likes

Thank you!! This series has been so much fun, and brought me a lot of happiness.

3 Likes

Honestly that would mean the abuse stores could make a whole lot more money lol. If you take abuse like prohibition anyways

1 Like

Unlikely. It would probably mean they would go underground, doing shady deals with abusers.

That is, if they don’t just smart up and do things regularly.

You know, if abuse is forbidden, you need a cover up front, since you can’t exactly have it on your storefront that you cater to abusers. That means setting up a regular shop with some on the side black market. At that point, unless you are a hardcore abuser it’s easier to just go legit.

3 Likes

Tbh in fluffyverse the abusers seem to be more addicted than alcoholics. Thats why i referred to prohibition. Of course you wouldn’t openly sell abuse items, but rather in a back room the standard electric sorry sticks could command a 10x premium as well as abusvie sorryboxes and sorry kibble. All because its illegal. Incidentally, a few people might not be able to afford abuse anymore, so there is that

1 Like

That was an amazing series. I’ve had to wipe tears of both joy and heartache away numerous times. The love that Gavin and Brian showered their fluffies with truly had a rippling effect. I really needed to read something like this with so much love and care. Thank you. :heart:

1 Like

I was hoping this series would have that sort of effect on people! :heart:
It feels cathartic to finally put the main series to rest after 6 years of working on it. Writing is hard, but it’s readers like you who make it all worth it.

1 Like

It was an emotional rollercoaster but definitely worth it. You have quite the talent, my friend. Thank you once again for sharing your stories. :heart:

1 Like