early signs (by Jedan)

I’m ashamed to admit this, but, while I have gay characters, bi characters, and Victor, who will fuck pretty much any sapient lifeform except animals and fluffies, because he has to draw the line somewhere, I don’t have any trans characters yet.

Unless we’re counting Chaos, and I’m not sure that we should. You could call him genderfluid, but that wouldn’t be entirely accurate. He can take any form he wishes, and as he himself said, our labels of gender identity can’t really apply to him. He only uses male pronouns for the sake of convenience. He finds going with “they/them” a bit confusing, and he’s the embodiment of chaos, so what does that tell you?

And, as has also been said, and while it’s not relevant to this discussion, Chaos can go pretty much anywhere. He could be any random piece of crap you’ve got lying around in your house, and you’d never even know that he’s there.

3 Likes

no need for shame! tbh i dont think most people in the fluffy community even let it cross their mind. hell, the wiki even states that gay fluffies are almost nonexistent and makes no mention of trans fluffies. lucky for us, we all have control over our own canons :] you can make any fluffy you want and, as for me, the wiki can suck my fat nards

7 Likes

Gay fluffies are a thing in my headcanon too, though they’re rare, not counting feral stallions raping each other for dominance or just to bust a nut. There’s at least two confirmed couples: Del and Phyllis, who despite the names are stallions, and were featured in “His Only Weapon”, a piece I wrote for Pride Month. And Romulus and Remus, Rex’s fluffies. Rex himself is also gay. And a werewolf. But making him gay was something I came up with after making him a werewolf, so it’s not an allegory for HIV. Not an intentional one, at least, if you choose to interpret it as an AIDS metaphor, that’s up to you.

If I do add a trans character, I’m going to have to think about it carefully, because I’m not on the LGBT spectrum, and I’m fully aware that if I get it wrong, I’m going to catch a lot of shit for it. I was worried I’d get shit for my gay characters, though I try to make them more than walking stereotypes. I quite like writing Rex, I must say. He’s gotten a starring role in “Werewolf, Baby!”, and he’s become a part of the ChaotiX cast too.

If you haven’t been reading my stories, that’s perfectly okay with me. I’m also fully aware it’s not for everyone. But feel free to check them out. I’m currently writing at a slower pace, to give everyone a chance to catch up, and so I can work on ideas for new stories, including more fluffy-related stuff, because Calvin and the ChaotiX is more human-centric, and I haven’t forgotten where we are.

3 Likes

take it from me, someone who is also cis and straight: just write 'em how you’d write anyone. different life experiences give different perspectives, but at the end of the day, most living creatures want the same things–food, shelter, clean water, love, and to keep having those things. we all come from the same play-doh :blush:

that, and honestly, as long as your attempts are sincere, a lot of LGBT people just appreciate the effort. the world is still very much a cold, heartless place for them, so seeing anyone give it a shot is worth something, at least to my friends that I know personally. i still fuck up around my trans friends, and my best friend stuck with me in my early days of accepting gay people (I was HEAVILY conservative for YEARS), but they don’t jump my ass the way fuckheads on the internet think trans people do. they’re human. they know the difference between a fuck up and malice

6 Likes

Honestly, I had guessed that you might be trans yourself. I wasn’t gonna ask, because I thought it was a bit of a personal question to ask, and I’d feel like an asshole if the answer was “no”, but it looks like my guess was wrong. But even if you were trans, I wouldn’t react poorly. I wouldn’t kiss your ass for it, but I wouldn’t kick your ass for it either. Really, I don’t give a fuck what you are, what I give a fuck about is whether or not you’re gonna be an asshole to me, and if you’re not an asshole to me, I won’t be an asshole to you either. I won’t necessarily be nice to you, unless you give me a good reason to be nice to you, but I’ll try to be civil. I’ll try to be reasonable. I’ll try to be polite. With me, you get what you give. Nothing more. Nothing less.

And for the record, I live in a very LGBT-friendly country. I won’t say which one, but I will say this: it’s one of the countries that has already been mentioned at least once in my stories at the time of this post. And I was born in a different country, which may have also been mentioned. I can’t give everything about myself away. I’ve got a secret identity to worry about, unlike many of my characters.

2 Likes

-WHEEZE- tbh? I’ve wondered if I’m trans, too. I seem to gravitate towards LGBT stuff a hell of a lot for a supposedly cis straight woman. honestly, if I were, I’d rather fall on the nonbinary spectrum. be everything at once like some glorious lovecraftian amalgamation of genders the likes of which would give my small town a heart attack

5 Likes

Cards on the table, I’ve given the matter some thought, too, but I came to the conclusion that I’m a man through and through, inside and out. And that I’m 100% heterosexual. I can acknowledge that a given man is good-looking, but I’m not gonna jump his bones. Though if you wanna jump his bones, feel free. Have fun. Maybe use a rubber. And I’d say that last one if you were getting busy with a woman, too. I think we’ve all learned a thing or two about contagious diseases by this point.

4 Likes

saaame. like, if I had been born a dude, I might’ve been trans, but I, despite it all, still actively enjoy being a woman. despite despite despite

tho according to the LGBT community we’ve upgraded to Cis+ and unlocked new features bc we both gave our gender some thought and consideration :sunglasses:my gender can now run DOOM

4 Likes