Fluffies generating electricity?

Not sure if this has been said before but this came into my head. I’m not saying you’d get amazing power from fluffies but, do you think if you got enough fluffy sized hamster wheels and explained to them that I’d they run on them for as long as possible they will help the home by giving it power.

Like on one hand I’m sure if you explain it well enough they would be more than willing to help, but on the other hand I’m not sure how great a fluffies stamina would be.

Let me know what you think tho. I’d love to hear ^^

7 Likes

Power output - 0.5W/H

4 Likes

I can’t see this as a serious way to power a home unless there are a lot of fluffies on hand to do the work. Even a human being would produce 3KWH in a typical month by riding a bike-powered generator for an hour a day. A typical American home eats about 900 KWH a month.

However, I can see a form of simple fluffy-powered entertainment where a fluffy in a wheel powers blinking lights or a little loudspeaker playing mumma songs.

Another approach would be to burn fluffy corpses for electricity, and that might be a great way to dispose of a megaherd after mass extermination.

7 Likes

Let’s assume a fluffy can produce about a 3rd of human output at 1KWH(being generous here). Assuming that we have them run for about 9 hours a day it would take 100 fluffies to power a single home.

3 Likes

according to Index mundi, as of 2021 corn cost US$3.82 per bushel
https://farm-energy.extension.org/corn-for-biofuel-production/
and according to farm energy you could get 10.5L of biofuel per bushel of corn

and according to wikipedia you could get 35.7 Mj per liter of biofuel or 374.85Mj per bushel or about 1 cent per KWh (not including conversion costs)

meanwhile the most powerful human hamster wheel generates about 432Kj/hour or 867.7 hours to produce the energy of 1 bushel of corn

i don’t know enough about biology to calculate the cost per KWh but horses have a running efficiency between 37% and 46%

https://www.aliensolar.com/blogs/blog-and-news/cost-of-rooftop-solar-system-on-grid-off-grid-hybrid-in-india

and for a solar installation electricity can be as cheap as 65 cents per watt of generating capacity

so possible? yes, at all practical ? no

5 Likes

But think of the abuse possibilities

3 Likes

There was a story, “Fluffy fuel” about using fluffy waste as biofuel and make them run in treadmills for electricity. Obviously it was an abusive environment were ferals were disposed this way.

4 Likes

or you could turn them into potato battery’s if you know how

3 Likes

in the fall of cleveland after the megaherd of fluffies started to enf each other there was a massive wave of static electricity that ignited the flammable gasses from dead fluffies and fluffy shit causing cleveland to literally blow. up. so technically you don’t even need hamster wheels, thanks to the static electricity their fluff makes.

3 Likes

My take on it.
Assumptions:
Best cyclists in the world : 300 watts per hour = 0.3KWh
Fluffy : 1/300th of that = 0.001 KWh
All power produced as is needed, no storage/battery park since it’s environmentally unfriendly. GOING GREEN BABY!
All mechanical losses and generator effiency ignored.
Biological processes as fatigue and exhaustion completely ignored during power generation.

So if you want to power your average home with 20KWh per day, 2000 fluffies. But wait, there’s more!
Because when you come home from work, you get hangry and turn on the oven. Maybe hit the shower while waiting for the fluffy roast to finish, and isn’t the living room cold? Better turn on the heating fan. Boom! Now peak load is 7KW. Make room for 5000 more fluffies.

Refreshed after the shower and digging into your fluffy roast, you enjoy the the view from your dining room window out on your massive 10 acre field filled with 3000 fluffies crying, the other 4000 are dead or in the process of dying after being forced to run continously from the “INCENTIVIZER 3000” cattleprods you installed in the fluffywheels.

You make a mental note to order the next weeks batch of 14000 fluffies of a bit sturdier stock, at least the excercise makes their meat taste good.

6 Likes

Their shit, maybe. A Kenya company is recycling human poop into a clean, odorless fuel.

4 Likes

that gave me an idea, fluffy on a treadmill set to lift a heavy gate. Beyond the gate is a delicious bowl of sketti or the special friend or the promise of freedom. The fluffy just has to raise the heavy gate all the way to the top and it latches and they can go through. Every time the fluffy fails, the gate comes crashing down, which powers a generator and delivers a strong electric shock directly to the fluffy’s bits. The fluffy just needs to try a little bit harder and they are free!

Doesn’t take that much energy to get a painful shock so should be possible even with a weak fluffy. Bonus points: Coil spring attached to the lift mechanism, the higher it gets, the harder it gets, and the faster the door drops when the fluffy fails and the higher voltage applied to the fluffy.

4 Likes

Well, this is the same issue I have with the matrix. Living things don’t produce a lot of power, running or as static batteries. Fluffies least if all would be good for this purpose. But as processors for a computer, maybe?

5 Likes

If we use matrix logic we could power a small city with a fluffy matrix and the programming would be super simple.

5 Likes

Read “Contraptionism” by Turboencabulator.

4 Likes

Given that fluffies are usually depicted as having extremely inefficient digestive systems, you’re not getting a very efficient conversion of kibble to power. Unless you’re just grabbing ferals off the street and literally running them dead, in which case it’s technically free power.

4 Likes

Read my story green energy for ideas lol