Fluffy Breeder 00.00.10 Pre Alpha (by Eidalac)

Been working on a browser/text based fluffy breeding/management game and it currently has enough basic functionality to count as a ‘game’, but far far from a finished product.

Currently you can setup a starting shop, get a few fluffies and breed them - not much else.

00.00.10 out - mostly code clean up and housekeeping, added the start of a gene lab to edit a fluffy directly if you are in Debug Mode (select Cheat Start) - only 2 genes can be configured so far - so pretty minor.

Github: GitHub - eidalac/FluffyBreeder: Fluffy breeding game
Current Build: Release Gene Lab · eidalac/FluffyBreeder · GitHub
Direct Link: Fluffy Breeder

New update:
https://fluffy-community.com/t/fluffy-breeder-00-00-23-pre-alpha-by-eidalac/

13 Likes

I like what you’ve got so far! There’s definitely some promise here.
Initially I hadn’t thought of them needing to be in “breeding pairs” so I messed up a little bit.

6 Likes

YOOooooo

4 Likes

This is extremely fun, you’ve done a good job here. Like Dwarf Fortress, you need your imagination to visualise the world taking shape. But you need some imagination to really enjoy fluffies to begin with. I am greatly anticipating what you’ll come up with next (at your own pace, of course).

Edit 1: Also, the fact that you’ve got a solid code down for genetics and a save feature is an excellent start. Keep on keeping on!

Edit 2: You are clearly a developer of taste since your genetics system is based on Crusader Kings. I smell greatness already.

7 Likes

Obligatory “Abuse when”

But seriously though, I can’t want to check this out after I’m done with my college work :smiley:

4 Likes

i cant wait to see how this improves!!!

2 Likes

Played it a bit. Looks to have good promise!

2 Likes

Your pretty good

7 Likes

Any idea when the next version will be posted?

3 Likes

lmao the first fluffie’s name was X/X;A/A;B/b;C/C;e/e;F/f;g/G;h/H;J/j;K/K;M/M;N/n;s/S;X/x;e/e;a/P;a/U;b/B;y/y;R/r;O/O;w/w;b/B;Y/y;r/R;o/o;W/w;B/B;Y/Y;R/r;o/O;W/W;s/s;t/T;E/E;N/N;C/C;h/H;t/T;h/h;L/L;E/E

3 Likes

Thanks! And, yeah, the interface isn’t perfect clear on that section since it’ll be redone soon-ish.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I had the gene stuff documented before I started, so It came together pretty fast. I’m slowing down now that I’m into areas I hadn’t documented, which just goes to show what that’s important. LOL

2 Likes

hehehe. Soon, but the meat of that will be in events, and I’m not anywhere near starting on those. So it will be very minimal for a while.

Hard to say. I do most work on Sundays due to how busy I am during the week. I don’t have a specific release window but anything is most likely to come out on Sundays unless I have a day off.

That’s the gene for it - I have it printed in a few places for bug-checking - the default name is “this fluffy”

4 Likes

Oh okay.

2 Likes

I like it so far

1 Like

Take it easy, don’t burn yourself out! Working on this on Sundays shows this is a real passion project for you.

1 Like

This looks like a great project! The scale looks manageable, and by focusing on the breeding instead of graphics this has very good chances of getting finished!

I just witnessed the deaths of two nearly identical isometric fluffy breeding games, both exactly when the hardest core parts were finished, and both of which had started from scratch like every other nearly identical breeder game before them. I’m glad you’re going for a different route. :blush:

3 Likes

which games might i ask?

1 Like

00.00.10 out - mostly code clean up and housekeeping, added the start of a gene lab to edit a fluffy directly if you are in Debug Mode (select Cheat Start) - only 2 genes can be configured so far - so pretty minor (not worth making a new post).

Links updated in the initial post above.

2 Likes

Unnamed Fluffy Game had a huge team working on it, with writing and most of the graphics done. But then they decided to switch engine and their coder left soon after.

Backyard Fluffies had all the basic graphics and animations done, great UI, and the programmer kept improving the pathfinding until it was really optimized. It was almost ready for the first beta release when the team lost interest, and two years later the programmer disappeared from Discord altogether with the only copy of the source code.

In 8chan there was an attempt to make a game similar to Petshop Fluffies. Project died after walking, eating and sleeping were done, just like every other project.

Another project on 8chan went for a Dwarf Fortress style tiled top-down design instead. Project died after walking, eating and sleeping were done.

Someone tried making a fluffy game with an entirely dynamic AI based on the emotional circumplex model. The coder ran out of free time and had to abandon the project soon after he’d gotten the fluffies to walk, eat and poop.

Fluffysim got fluffies walking, eating, pooping, sleeping AND having special huggies, but the project was limited from the start by being a side-view game instead of an isometric one. In my opinion it could be reworked into an Incredible Machine -style puzzle game, but as a breeder game it’s design limited its potential and the developer lost interest in it.

Those are the main ones I can think of at the moment, but there have definitely been many more as well, such as an attempt with Source engine and one top-down game with fluffies wandering in a minefield that only got single video released of each. This is why I believe any fluffy game needs to be either small enough to finish, or made in modular parts that can be used by other fluffy projects instead of having every game waste their time reinventing the wheel and then abandoning it.

4 Likes