Food Search (Artist: SqueakyFriend)

nummies

At first I wasn’t sure what I could do with the new theme, but then I realized: if the fluffies are fresh out of a caged life, the potential for moronbox is endless. This isn’t a written story, unfortunately, so it might be disqualified, but I felt the idea worked better as a comic.

Nothing more fluffy than starving in a paradise because you don’t realize the floor is edible.

84 Likes

I adore this.
Now I’m worried my fluffy protag is too smart though…

5 Likes

When you get a city slicker trying to rough it as a feral, they’re going to die without finding a feral herd to teach them the basics.

4 Likes

Well of course the flowers aren’t talking.
Flowers hate fluffies.

2 Likes

Time to eat a foal or two!

1 Like

Hopefully he can find a feral who can teach him a thing or two. Also, if the fluffy has eaten fruit, hopefully he can learn to forage eventually.

Personally speaking, I think the idea of fluffies being too dumb is overdone, with some people going too overboard with their low intelligence. I find the fluffy protagonist thats smarter or at least has more wits is a lot more interesting, and has more basis for interesting stories.

1 Like

I mean specifically for theme-week.
In my normal stories, I agree.

I mean, even for the theme week, there’s still an avenue for the uncommon smart fluffies that can figure stuff out. I consider Fall of Cleveland to be part of early fluffy literature/culture, and that story couldn’t be told without fluffy protagonists.

Don’t worry, there’s some leeway with the intelligence. Some of them can count to 10 after all! I just went for the “dumber than a barrel” fluff, the kind that can’t count to one.

I think there’s a time and a place for smart and clever fluffies, and this theme week kinda isn’t it. These are fluffies who have never been outside a specific room before, who probably didn’t know green or purple could appear on non-fluffy objects. If you place a fluffy that has no idea dirt exists outside, and it instantly figures out how to make a burrow, then … that’s just kinda boring?

Let their stupidity and natural naivete shine through! Let them learn to eat grass, then be taken in by a kind samaritan and try to eat the carpet cuz colorful ground = edible! You can do anything, just don’t make them competent survivalists right away or we just have a generic feral-fluffy story that doesn’t take advantage of the theme at all.

2 Likes

Wellll… Yeah I guess she/he didn’t make the right friends…