Free sketties. (Mexi)

I’ll just leave this here, I’m sure nothing bad will happen while I’m gone.

24 Likes

This is the sort of thing if we lift the dish we’d see the pressure plate for a small landmine, isn’t it.

2 Likes

That’s why we send in expendable fluffies.

4 Likes

Normally I’d steal such ill defended sketties
But I respect Mexi and they work they do too much

2 Likes

Mmmhhhhh.
:spaghetti:

2 Likes

download

5 Likes

With the bait in place, we just have to lie in wait undetected until the perfect time to strike.

2 Likes

No sauce but I think I have a solution.

~pulls out stick of butter~

1 Like

I find your lack of tomato sauce and powdered Parmesan cheese disturbing.

(And I don’t personally like meatballs since I’m vegetarian, but that can slide)

2 Likes

And really, fluffies shouldn’t have meat in a lot of headcanons, barring the cannibal gene.

This would be the perfect setting to challenge @Mexi to model a realistic looking plate of Spaghetti alla Puttanesca.

For anyone who would like to follow along:

Spaghetti alla Puttanesca

For one pound of pasta:

1/4 cup olive oil (or if you have high end cookware, sunflower or safflower oil)
For normies: 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the real experience: 4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups finely diced black olives
*Use kalamata black olives, not the wimpy water-packed ones
6 anchovy fillets, packed in oil
1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
28 ounces or 1 large can diced or pureed tomato
3 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
2 tbsp non-pariel capers, drained
Salt and Pepper to taste

Get a decently wide skillet with a good height wall on it and heat the oil until shimmering on medium heat.

Add the red pepper flakes and garlic and continually stir, until the garlic is golden-brown.

Add the black olives, anchovy fillets, and oregano. As you work the sauce the anchovy fillets dissolve into the sauce. Cook for about a minute, minding the garlic does not get too dark.

Add in the tomato and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce begins to thicken. This will take five minutes or more depending on how wide your skillet is. Surface area is important for sauces.

Remove from heat, and stir in the capers and parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve on buttered pasta. Parmesean is optional, but not traditional.

2 Likes

“i hope no one looks at my plans while i’m sleeping”

We gonna have a Gordon Ramsay meme here talking about how dry this “meal” is?

3 Likes

Why are the spaghetti noodles clipping through the meatballs?

But anchovies are meat too, just not mammal meat.

Well, I got back and found my lunch missing and a scale stuck in the table.
Managed to make this pretty quickly instead.

@Pushka I imagined Darth Vader saying that in a kitchen while wearing a little chef hat.

1 Like

Well, somebody got away with it, so no… although, maybe it might be a good idea.

1 Like

yeah but there’s so little of it, really it’s a vehicle for salt and ‘fishy’ flavour. Which really vanishes into the tomato. I’d expect the acid in the dish would render it safe for fluffies.

1 Like