How fluffies graps things by ShititsMe

Hello!! Shit again drawing explanations that nobody asked for hahahaha now its the turn for the way fluffies hold some things using their hoofs and making some sense in my head to keep them useless af hahahaha. Enjoy!!
References :3
[1] https://fluffy-community.com/t/lauras-story-moesius-complete/9015
[2] https://fluffy-community.com/t/ashes-to-ashes-by-spoosh/6139
[3] Street Smart - Final (10) (artist: Carpdime)
[4] Reddit - Dive into anything (the image https://i.imgur.com/igGuhDK.png)

94 Likes

I always imagined a fluffy’s foot being composed mostly of the leathery/soft pads but surrounded in a thin keratin hoof around the edges/sides of the foot. I would think that this means of “holding” objects could still work with this anatomy since the keratin would be thing a flexible and basically nonexistent in newborn foals.

11 Likes

:neutral_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :open_mouth: :hushed: :astonished: :exploding_head: :face_with_head_bandage:.

1 Like

I think basically the same thing with the hard walking hoof surface reaching maximum density around age three. They also reach maximum muscle mass and density around the same time, which is why fluffy fights are pathetic until one or more of the combatants are older.

3 Likes

Most instances of fluffies holding objects can be explained by applying enough lateral force with both their hooves to grab it.
Foals can climb because the fluff is dense enough to hold their legs in place, while their hoof pads have enough grip to safely walk on their mother’s skin below. If you shave her and oil her up, they probably won’t make the climb.
In some cases (depending on headcanon), fluffies are capable of angling their hooves, but this depends on their anatomy (if their muscle and bone structure is based on a horse’s, they should be able to slightly angle the room between the pastern bones and coffin bone).
The idea of closing hooves is interesting, maybe if they had sphincters below their hoof pads? But personally, I prefer my fluffies being mostly helpless and clumsy. Imagine them using elaborate tools or even weapons…

3 Likes

cursed

3 Likes

7 Likes

This has been a common topic of discussion in the pony fandom too, with granular jamming being the most prevalent theory.

7 Likes

What now?

3 Likes

:clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :ok_hand:t2:.

this is going in my headcanon.

1 Like

Same

1 Like

Something about this is so creepy and unsettling. :sweat_smile:

Love the thought put into this though! Glad you shared :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think there are “grains” inside a fluffy’s hooves, it just doesn’t sound feasible, biologically speaking. I never heard of animals using this technique.
But some soft-padded designs (like McGonagall) have a vertical cleft. I believe the right muscle contractions could help them grab certain objects.

I once read a story about a fluffy using a gun. How does that work with your “Holding hoof” HUH? HUH?

Also this is pretty good stuff.

Thanks a lot, I’ve also wondered many times how they hold things and left it at that.

FUCKING

HIVECANON

I will now begin referencing this.

Thank you.

2 Likes

jesus christ this is so cursed. take my like

1 Like

I generally have them use their mouths, they have normal hooves as adults which can be removed, exposing the weaker leathery hoofpads beneath.

1 Like

Could you put horseshoes on them? So their legs are too heavy to lift and they just stand their crying and pooping?

they’d be special order but of course

1 Like