I came to a certain realisation as a fluffy artist (Dragonixa)

So, this morning I watched some art content on YouTube and at some point it inspired me to draw.
I kinda didn’t feel like tackling my commissions however, so I decided to study instead. Drawing from references is not something I do often, even though I know how important it is for every artist out there, no matter on what skill level they are; that’s why I went for it.

I fired up a website I’d recommend to literally everyone who draws called Line of Action, which provides you with a ton of references of any category and it’s honestly super good, check it out!

When I went to an animal category, it didn’t let me pick horses specifically (which was my initial goal), but it grouped horses in an overall equine and hooved category, that meant I had to skip through images of donkeys, gazelles, hell even rhinos. But I ignored those at first and just studied horses:

Then pictures of pigs started showing up in the compilation. I remembered how fluffies are a huge mix of all kinds of animals, and pigs were one of the major inclusions of this genetic mess. So I practiced pigs alongside horses:

And that’s when I truely realised how similar fluffies are to pigs, more so than to horses actually! The body shape, their faces, how approachable and cute they are… And how silly as well, of course :stuck_out_tongue: They are such awkward animals that they seriously gave me strong fluffy vibes, just look at those little fellas!

So this brought me to a final page of my studies, where I finally combined my new knowledge and sketched out my brand new pig-like fluffies!

So yeah, you might expect a style change on my side ^w^ What do you think? Any opinions, suggestions?

Anyways, I hope you have a great rest of your day!
Wub you :heart:
Nixy UwU

42 Likes

The middle one on the left I think it’s almost perfect!

7 Likes

Glad you like it! ^w^ I’ll definitely perfect it over the days, it’s still just a study :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I do believe you nailed the ideal fluffy behaviour.

A spark of intelligence in their eyes, mixed with juvenile excitement and a big, dumb grin.

What size would they be, in your mind?

5 Likes

I’d say the biggest examples could reach someone’s knee when measuring from head to toe, definitely not much bigger than that~
What do you think?

1 Like

This horse is a legend

5 Likes

I’ve always been partial to calling fluffies pig-horses and shit-pigs.

Shout out to @Stwumpo for the first instance I’ve seen of it being used.

It’s for this reason I liken fluffies to wild hogs in the US, which are rampant and destructive invasive shitheads.

Hog hunts are fun to watch.

5 Likes

These all look so cute! I noticed fluffies were similar to pigs as well.

3 Likes

Pigs are by far, one of my favorite animals. My goodness you’re art for the piggies and fluffies are precious. :heart::heart:

I’m especially drawn to that foal in the first image. Melts my heart.

2 Likes

I’m personally not keen on hunting down animals, I know, shocking when considering my art :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t know there were other people making this realisation, but I’m honestly not surprised ^^

2 Likes

I’d say they looked more adorable in the references, but thank you either way :heart:

2 Likes

It was super adorable and I just had to draw it ^w^ ~♥️
Thank you!

2 Likes

I get it…

2 Likes

Looks great and can’t wait to see more of your art!

2 Likes

Woaaaah-
You’re fluffy designs are so coolll!

2 Likes

That’s fair. Killing imaginary creatures doesn’t compare to the visceral act of sending a mass of brass through living skin through the length of a high powered firearm.

It definitely isn’t for everyone.

3 Likes

My early fluffies looked a bit like pigs according to some comments i got.

I gotta start drawing again, something hugbox for a change

2 Likes

Honestly the only reason I use those names is because I think “Shit Rat” is phoenetically clumsy and people wouldn’t say it

3 Likes

Thank you, and I’ll deliver for sure ^w^

2 Likes

Awwwh, thank youuu! :heart: :smiley:

1 Like