Into the Fluff-Verse Progress Report

it will be a text game, am i correct?

3 Likes

I plan on making it a first-person game using the Unity Web GL Engine.

To be more precise, the closest comparison I have at the moment is Slime Rancher.

7 Likes

Holy shit
my realistic side tells me that you might break your back with the amount of work. my optimistic side would love to be surprised

9 Likes

I am aware that my project is the equivalent of some drunkard with a Home Depot ladder sieging the city of Troy, but I plan to slowly and gently work my way towards my Fluffy game.

5 Likes

we will watch your career with great interest

4 Likes

suggestion: make them playable, but you have to beat the game 5 times on hard mode. it essentially is the game’s version of extreme mode, as the player faces very unique problems.

5 Likes

ok, maybe 5 times on hard mode is a bit excessive. just make it so you can unlock it for finding some hard-to-find easter egg, and it will be enough

4 Likes

5 0 T I M E S

2 Likes

I might make them be a player character option after doing a specific series of tasks. But my main focus is that they will never be something you raise and sell.

Example: Have 1,000 Fluffies in your house/store for at least a full week.

3 Likes

ah. it would be weird if you were raising and abusing satyrs or humanoid fluffies. that would be fucked up.

1 Like

I’ll be like the Ancestor from Darkest Dungeon with the Warrens dialogue.

“My first attempts were crude, and the results, disappointing . . .”

4 Likes

So far, the most fucked up game mechanic is the fact that the player will have the capacity to make “Enfie Pals”. These can even be foals, though I definitely plan on having commentary from myself in there to scold players that make that choice.

“God you’re sick.”
“That’s just not right.”
“What happened to make you choose to do that?”
“Just because you can, does not mean you should.”

Plus, if I include the “Advisor” system I plan on adding atm, myself, and a number of the other advisors will be very upset with your choice and some will outright leave.

Aside from that, I refuse to get any darker or fucked up.

6 Likes

makes sense, although we’re all going to hell at this point

2 Likes

I do believe preplanning is useful when developing a game, but I worry that you are leading yourself to having a lot of feature creep, especially since you dont have much programming knowledge.

Try to limit the scope initially and expand once you know what you will be able to deliver with features.

5 Likes

I have been reflecting on this comment for a while now and I’ve started to make clear and concise goals for the project.

I’ll reply again once I’ve gotten them ironed out.

5 Likes

Watch some vids analysing where Yanderedev fucked up. It’ll help quite a bit.

6 Likes

You’ve got some great feedback from other users on here. If I may be so bold as to reiterate:

1. Avoid feature creep, keep the scope concise and be monastically strict about this. Feature creep kills things, especially a first release.
  2. Watch a bit of YanDev to see what not to be in terms of an insane, going-nowhere developer.

As for myself:

1. You might be interested in trying out these Yukkuri games (which require an Android emulator), which is a first-person pet-breeding & raising simulator. I think the final result would be extremely similar. It could be a solid reference point.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.gr.java_conf.sakatasnow.YukkuriDiary&hl=en_SG&gl=US
https://apkpure.com/yukkuri-breed-and-collection/jp.gr.java_conf.sakatasnow.Yukkuri_Breeding_Observation

1. There have been 2 failed attempts at fluffy game epics so far: Backyard Fluffies & a second unnamed project (which I helped out with). Both got no further than pre-alphas despite having whole teams. Just be advised that game-making, especially big ones, is an enormous scope that may require years and either your being omni-talented or having a team of very dedicated people of various skills (who can also be replaced if any drop out).

All the best, Sir. Serious game devs have my utmost respect & awe.

5 Likes

So if your game falls to the fluffy curse, will others be able to perhaps finish the game or add new features. Again this is IF the game falls to the curse. Also will there be a sandbox mode perhaps? Infinite money, cheats, all that jazz?

1 Like

My goal is to make progress very slow, but also very steady so that I never truly drop the game. That being said, in case I get eliminated by PETA or the curse I hope to release information on plans and mechanics early for feedback so that if I vanish, progress can continue without me.

1 Like

In case you have not had a chance to see yet, here is the core mechanic list: Into the Fluff-Verse Core Mechanics List