Just Business 9 (by TheHauntedTypewriter)

“…she’s okay? Good.” Douglas breathed a sigh of relief at the vet’s words. The big man had been pacing throughout his house for the last while, dreading yet anticipating the confirmation about Gabby’s condition. He didn’t even bother cleaning the garage until she was safely dropped off at the vet and the money paid ahead of time. When it came to his precious lizard, he spared no expense at all. But thankfully, she was fine. That’s all that mattered.

“Mhm. We see this happen from time to time when animals deal with fluffies. While their natural defenses make it very hard for them to do lasting harm, some manage to get a spray of fecal matter into a predator’s eye and, with their diet, it’ll naturally get infected and cause lasting damage. Gabby’s quite lucky; we applied the antibiotics in time but may need to keep her a little longer to ensure it did its job.”

“Thanks, doc…I just…I blame myself for it. I didn’t expect that mare to spray her before I could get there.”

“It’s quite alright, Douglas. Though, while I have you on the line, what led to her getting sprayed in the first place, if you don’t mind me asking.”

Douglas frowned. “I was trying to rehabilitate a mare, and part of that required punishing one of her grown foals. Said foal was planted in a carrier in the garage, where Gabby lives. The damn thing assumed she was trying to kill her brood, so when Gabby got close to investigate, the mare sprayed her.”

“Ah, well best isolate her, then. Either way, I’ll keep you posted on your monitor, but as far as I see, she’ll make a full, speedy recovery.”

“Thanks doc, I’ll be in touch.” Douglas ended the call and let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. Gabby was fine, that’s all that mattered. The mare didn’t manage to hurt her.

Speaking of the mare, he had a special punishment in mind for her, but he needed to research a way to snap her out the ‘wan die’ loop. It could be done, yes, but it was hard to do. He knew better than anyone that trauma stuck with a fluffy for its entire short life, and when they reached the ‘wan die’ loop the trauma was severe enough to kill its desire to even live.

So, Douglas walked to his office. Once he was at his computer, he started searching and researching, quickly finding more information about the loop and potential ways to break it. Of them, one idea seemed feasible: give her something worth living for. Something amazing and wonderous enough to break them from the loop. He tapped his chin in thought, coming across an idea.

Douglas rose from his desk chair and, after sliding his house shoes on, ventured outside.

It took a moment to reach the barn, and he slowly opened the door. The number of fluffies inside was down to six, and they were all unwanted colors. Ruddy was still there, though. And he was perfect.

“Ruddy. Outside.” The stallion did as asked and, once there, Douglas promptly sealed the door. “How’ll you like a special friend?”

“Wha? speshuw fwend fo’ wuddy?” He asked, clearly getting his hopes up. Good.

“Mhm. I have a mare in the saferoom. She’s sad that her foals had to go forever sleepies,” He left out the fact he killed them. “but she’ll be happy if she has a special friend to have more with. Besides, you’ve done good work for me. You’ve earned a respite.”

“Do I get to wibe in dah safewoom?” Ruddy asked, not bothering to contain his excitement. Douglas pondered it for a second, then nodded. The stallion’s excitement grew. Douglas nodded and scooped the stallion up, tucking him under his arm and making his way back to the house.

Truthfully, what he was doing was an insidious plan. One that would make an abuser orgasm no doubt, but losses needed to be recouped, and punishment needed to be wrought.

She had decent colors. Time to utilize that.

Douglas set Ruddy down in the saferoom. The stallion looked about in confusion and wonderment before his little eyes focused on the depressed mare. The big man watched from the doorway as Ruddy approached her, pawing at her side with his leathery hoof. “Nyu fwend?” He asked her. The mare’s morose crying quieted down and she turned to him with tear stricken eyes. “Mistah dougwas said 'ou am fwuffy’s speshuw fwend.” The mare slowly stood up. Douglas could practically hear the gears turning in her head as she tried to process and ponder what she was offered.

“Speshuw fwend gib speshuw huggies? wan’ to be soon mummah again!” She asked excitedly. Ruddy nodded and Douglas left the doorway just as they got to business, with the telltale ‘enf enf enf’ noises on his heels. It was always gross to hear, but the sounds told him the mare’s loop was broken, and the next part of the plan could come into play.

Losses were gonna be recouped one way or another, and considering the colors her and Ruddy had, they’d make some good foals to sell. She wouldn’t be on-board the idea, but he doubted that would be her concern when she saw what happened to the bad colored ones.

For now, he moved to his office and got to work, setting up a spreadsheet and dredging up a list of potential buyers for the foals to come. He did have an idea to send the poor colored ones off to abusers, like that one girl who liked to stream herself graciously abusing shitty or otherwise problematic fluffies…Stompie, right? He couldn’t remember, but it was on the table, at least, in case Gabby was done messing with fluffies. Considering she got sprayed in the eye by one, he didn’t doubt it.

But, at the very least, the mare’s punishment was just commencing.

Douglas made his morning tea once again. A week had gone by since the mare’s loop was broken, and he could already hear the ear-grinding noises of her singing her ‘soon mummah’ song. The pregnancy had taken, which meant in a month or so she’d have another brood. He didn’t have a lot of buyers yet, but that was for the best; make sure the foals are in sellable condition first, after all. Gabby was also due back from the vet soon; the antibiotics worked, and she made a full recovery, and from what the doc told him, seemed to harbor disdain towards fluffies as she snapped at a caged mare in the clinic.

He didn’t know she held grudges. She always seemed to just…ignore most things, like most reptiles do.

Regardless, with his tea done, it was time to tell the ‘soon mummah’ the deal. He wanted to wait, sure, but best get it out the way now. So, with that, Douglas picked up his mug and ventured to the saferoom, peering in to see Ruddy asleep near the nest, with the mare contently snuggled there, still singing her inane songs.

She stopped when she saw him. And then she shrieked. “NUUUU!!! MUNSTA DADDEH!!! Speshuw fwend, hewp!” Her shrieking woke Ruddy up, who looked over to her, then Douglas.

“Wha’ hu—”

“Ruddy, outside.” The stallion flinched at the sharp words but, like every other time, obeyed after Douglas removed the gate to the saferoom. With it gone, he stepped inside and approached the terrified mare who, already, tried to get up and flee, though to no avail.

“Nu! pwease nu gib owwies tu whitie! am soon mummah!” She cried as she ran. Douglas knelt and reached a handout to clamp it down on the small of her back, halting her frantic fleeing.

“I’m not here to hurt you.” He coldly said. “Just tell you the new rules. You did a very bad thing a week ago, ‘Whitie’. You hurt my friend and made her go to the vet. But I’m a nice daddy, so I’m giving you a chance to be a good fluffy.” Those were the magic words to get her to calm down, as he felt her slacken in his grip.

“Am gud fwuffy?”

“Not yet. But here’s how to prove it.” He took his hand off her and tapped at her side. “You have tummy babies in here. I want them all to be good colors and good babies. All of them. If one comes out as a ‘poopie babbeh’ or a runt, then I’ll let the ‘lizzy munstah’ eat it, and then you go ‘forever sleepies’ as well.”

The mare’s face fell, and she was terrified once again. “Nu! babbehs am fo’ wub an’ huggies! not fo’ nummies!”

“Then you best have good colors, then. I have no patience for bad fluffies, and right now, you’re a bad one.” He informed her. “So, eat your kibble and make sure those babies come out good. Otherwise, Gabby gets a snack, and you get to join the first brood.” Douglas left the mare who, already, was sobbing over the implications of what’s to come. Maybe she was smart enough to know he basically put her in a losing fight, or maybe she was just crying over what to happen to her bad colored foals. Who knew?

He stepped back out into the hallway and looked down at Ruddy.

“Mistah dougwas?” He asked.

Douglas scowled. He could tell Ruddy the ordeal as well, but…no. He liked Ruddy, and the stallion’s presence granted him an insidious means of ensuring all went according to plan. “Sorry, just had to make sure she knew the rules. She’s been a very bad fluffy and led to her babies going forever sleepies because of it.”

Ruddy gasped. “Speshuw fwend am munsta mummah?!”

“Fraid so, and I’m worried she’ll hurt this next batch of foals. So,” He looked down at the stallion. “I need you to watch her closely. Make sure she doesn’t try anything. Make sure she eats, make sure she doesn’t hurt them. And, most importantly, make sure she doesn’t try escaping. I have a feeling she’s gonna try and leave, and then she’ll give the babies forever sleepies out in the woods. Don’t trust what she says, bad fluffies lie a lot, you know.” He lied through his teeth. He did feel a bit bad about lying to Ruddy so callously, but the stallion was an integral part of the plan. Someone to play lookout. And, more importantly, the gaslighting meant Ruddy would already be in doubt of the mare’s words. So, he’d eagerly carry out the orders.

Ruddy nodded. “Wuddy wiww watch bad mummah! make suwe babbehs am safe!” The stallion waddled back into the saferoom, and Douglas put the gate back, sealing the terrified mare’s fate.

He knew he was being a little over the top with his…well revenge. And a tad vindictive as well. But who cared? The mare hurt Gabby, and so he was going to hurt her. Again and again, until he felt the damage was done.

Really, she got off lucky. Had the infection taken Gabby’s life, he’d google a good way to pillow her, and intentionally fuck up the process.

Multiple times.

[Short, but sweet. I’ll be using this as a Segway to move to another project, one based off that one comic about a hunting preserve being set up and filled with fluffies. I want to branch out into lesser covered topics on the site, as…well as a friend told me, write what you want to see, and others will follow. So, that new story’s in development, and I may take my time with it to make it a much longer story. Give people something fun to read.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to those who gave colorful comments on the mare’s fate. But, ultimately, she’s getting a far worse one in the end.

Also I decided to sneak a reference to another author’s story series. Feels like a fun lil’ easter egg for those who’re interested.]

53 Likes

Found this series today so in hyped that i caught the newest one just as you posted it. I was so worried for Gabby, I can’t wait for her to get revenge.

4 Likes

The transition from “wan die” loop to “give me tummy babies” was a bit extreme, imo.

Other than that I’m interested in seeing what she will try and what Douglas has in store for her.

Also, poor Ruddy. Getting dragged into this is going to hurt him in the end too.

5 Likes

True, but I mostly needed things to segway into the next part of the torment. Was gonna include it here, but it usually takes a month or so for a dam to bust, so I felt it’d be better to include that in one major chapter.

4 Likes

I’m afraid I find it pretty hard to believe she’d go into the pregnancy thing so quickly. Most of this has been really good, but it’s really thrown me for a bit of a suspension of disbelief moment.

The bits with Ruddy are good though.

3 Likes

Yeah, may’ve wrote myself into a mild corner with the mare thing. My bad. I’m writing the next chapter now; should more than make up for my weird writing here.

2 Likes

Extending some love to Gabby and her fast recovery: while monitors may seem like terrifying pets, they are quite smart and can make wonderful companions.

Hopefully she gets more than just a snack.

2 Likes

I was excited to see a mention of Stompie. Thanks!

5 Likes

Ditto
It’s neat and also creates universe cohesion.

3 Likes

Was a fun little nod and a way to bridge some of these stories together.

2 Likes

Ruddy is a good boy just doing his best. I appreciate him.