Lullaby by Chikahiro

For @I_might_be_weasel. They suggested the single most sandbox thing I’ve heard of in a while: a discarded litterpal trying to comfort an unwanted foal in a can.

Full size: https://fluffy-community.com/uploads/default/original/3X/0/4/0434ba762e8d8082e0f2aef6ee9ae844ead42403.png

84 Likes

love foal in a can stuff
great drawing

9 Likes

Err…

6 Likes

Fixed, thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s @I_might_be_weasel’s idea, and since nobody said they’ll do it, I did it. I tried to not focus on the grosser aspects of the litter pal as I figured the whole situation was awful enough it didn’t add anything.

The tear was maybe a bit much but I did wonder… Was it just sad for the foal? Or was the litter pal jealous it would go forever sleepies first? Both?

It’s just a sad scene born from human callousness.

8 Likes

Tear was the right call
It could clearly empathize with the foal, the both of them being restricted to one small space and both being thrown out like trash. :cry:

5 Likes

And it knows the foal will die soon (it’s singing it’s own version of my sketti-land). Trying to help out not feel quite so alone.

4 Likes

Ooooooof, for a fluffy to wish death upon a starving foal.

5 Likes

I was going to use the skettiland words, but as I drew things the possibility of any sugar coating went away.

2 Likes

I’d say it’s less “wishing for death” and more “not to suffer much longer.” I’d say the litter pal has had it’s sense of hope crushed.

6 Likes

The poor thing :cry: quick call the rescue fluffies!

This is a sad art @Chikahiro you did the impact well.

4 Likes

Yes, that was what I meant :wink: It was lost in the process of translating it xD

3 Likes

What if somebody used a can with a foal in it as a flesh light?

1 Like

This is some good sadbox.

8 Likes

Brutal. Thanks for drawing it!

4 Likes

The hell? @Chikahiro doing sadbox??

I mean it’s great, I love it! but I’m pretty sure I read about this in Revelations. Armageddon here we come!

4 Likes

It’s so tiny and pitiful…
Makes me feel even more sorry for it.
That litter-pal is doin’ the only thing it really can. :cry:

3 Likes

This is my second sadbox. First one was my Sketti-land illustration. I got two people in Reddit to tear up, apparently. Although Roach Queen suggested it was Hugbox and Sadbox at the same time.

My friend noted that me watching 7 movies in a year was another sign (I average 2 a year: tv or theater).

And again, @I_might_be_weasel had the idea. I merely drew it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Drawing it is the hard part.

2 Likes

Initially I was going to resize that to make it more in proportion but decided against it. Manipulative as hell, I realize, but keeping it so small and pathetic kind of helped drive home how unfair things were.

2 Likes