Memories Part 1 (By Birb)

Special thanks to @Aurix for letting me send all my wips :]
Also wanted to do another one of the theme days for Nurturing November and it got out of control

First | Previous | Next

81 Likes

poor babies :cry:
amazing art as always Birb :heart:

3 Likes

I’m just honored to have the privilege of seeing them as a wip. Even so, these turned out better than I imagined. The pop really well, especially the mom at the end of the alleyway.

My heart breaks every time I look back over this for the little cuties. :broken_heart::disappointed_relieved:

And can’t get over all the details on the mother, you can see how hard of a life she had. The little scars, the roughly broken horn, and the gaunt facial features. Beautifully sad.

8 Likes

:sob::sob::sob: that hit hard!

love your last panel showing the sadness all foals felt that their mother never come back :cold_sweat::sob:

2 Likes

Ahhh thank you!
I’m glad someone noticed that she had it rough as well and definitely didn’t leave by her own choice.
The babies just don’t know better and just feel sad :disappointed:

2 Likes

QQ T^T Love the first panel the most.

2 Likes

Excellent work!

2 Likes

Dang that cute but am I the only on who thinks of a Gremlin/Goblin by the close up of there mothers face?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Ooo I see a lot of potential for many boxes

1 Like

Aw so sad, hope they find a good home :<

1 Like

~Pulls motorcycle over at corner of the alley and checks location of list.~
~Gets off bike and grabs cardboard box from sidecar while putting on latex gloves~
~Pauses at nest seeing the foals. Opens phanny pack over belly and pulls out a tupperware full of lukewarm oatmeal.~
~Setting the food down I lean against wall and watch them eat while listening to their general blather.~
~the foals seem calmer with full bellies and someone to talk to. I smile and stop leaning on the wall as I slavic squat closer to their level. After a few scritches and putting the container back in my fanny pack I finally say.~
“Come with me if you want to live.”
~Setting the box of siblings in the side car we drive around the area and I keep my eyes open for a green mare. No dice. Eventually find our way to the closest shelter in case she was brought in while hunting food. I know it’s unlikely but I’ve lucked out before. Even if she’s not, I can leave this batch here and continue to the next site on the list.~
~Tommorows the extermination patrols afterall. Need to save who we can.~

1 Like

Yeah she died in a horrible or tragic way (mostly the case).