Micro invasion: glue trap (carniviousduck)

127 Likes

I tried glue traps once, caught 3 mice on one, and swore I’d never use one again. Those things are brutally inhumane.

So perfect for fluffies.

52 Likes

Micros are something i want to dabble in, but fuck me they are a whole new beast to learn

11 Likes

My grandma used to set out glue traps for mice when we lived out in the boonies. And she’d like regularly put them out of their misery with a small hammer blow to the head…which used to freak me out. And now here I am laughing at this. :face_with_monocle:

10 Likes

That’s why I’ll never have carnivorous reptiles again (snakes, monitors, etc). I have no animosity at all towards reptiles (lord only knows I dearly loved my snakes), but watching the life fade from the mices’ terrified faces as they got constricted haunts me to this very day. Mice may be considered vermin, but they’re still kindred mammals.

(Oh, jeez…WTF is wrong with me!?)

6 Likes

Ay yiss. Glue trap drawings are like getting Christmas presents.

2 Likes

I’m no expert, but don’t most people kill the mice they feed their snakes, to avoid injury to the snake?

I only ask, because that seemed to be the consensus when I was doing some research looking at how people raise mice for snakes, for a future “foals as snakefood” tale.

8 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve heard people do it both ways. In the case of pinkies (baby mice) there is no need.

I would have a very hard time believing that a fluffy could defend itself against a snake. At most it could shit and piss itself to the point where the predator is put off.

5 Likes

Great work

Oh i love it

Thats what hognose snakes do to make themselves seem unapealing, they flop over and throw up on themselves.{Atleast i think its hognose snakes}

4 Likes

brutal, very nice. love the little foals blundering in too. that said, i can whole heartily agree that glue-traps are best reserved for a vengeful killing rather than on your average “real” pest.

i doubt these would work for any gathering larger than a single family. once they know not to touch it loses its effectiveness. but certainly good for drawing out the partners to get stuck when attempting to give aid

1 Like

It depends. I always fed my snakes live mice, whereas at the zoo I volunteered for a time, the keepers either brained or gasses the feeder rats & guinea pigs. I could never do that.

1 Like

Actually, it isn’t advisable to give reptiles a diet of solely pinkies.
Infant rodents are almost all water, and reptiles (like most animals) need more substance.

1 Like

Mwhahahahahaha

I used glue traps once, caught a gecko. Never again, I will never ever touch those traps again.
You never want to hear a gecko scream, I wish I could forget it. It still gives me a cold sweat, makes me nauseous.

On topic tho, I absolutely love micro vs glue traps and you did it perfectly ^w^ this series is gonna be a fave of mine, I can tell.

4 Likes

Most stories they are really an invasive shit to exterminate.

2 Likes

Con esta imagen y otras más declaro que empezó la infestacion de micro fluffys

“I can’t do it, its too cruel.”

I smell weakness.

1 Like