Mummah's Who Can't Wub [By Biorb_McBiorb]

[This is My Entree for the Theme Week: Back to Basics, please enjoy!]

Alone in a damp box sits a Pastel-Green Earthie Fluffy, covered in burns and scars, her mane, once a Bright Red, now partially singed. She cries as he last memory of her former home was set ablaze by strange Munstas covered in black.

As the mother cries, she stroked her enlarged stomach, as one of the few breeding mares she was used to supply the Compound with new Babies, to her, she was living the life, 24 hour care, new beautiful babbehs every few weeks, she had it all… even the annoying mark the hoomins gave her, it itched, but it gave her her name, Zewo-Zewo-Fifty-Sicks.

Her memories drifted to the incident, the few that she chose to remember, the ‘Freedom’ the Munstas tried to give only resulted in most of her friends getting smushed. She remembers being set down on the floor, her hooves aching from the cold hard tile. She remembers trying to ask the Munsta to put her back, that she wasn’t able to run yet. As if to respond, the Munsta slipped on it’s back crushing a few of the other Fluffies behind him. A smushed foal, under it’s not-hoof.

The Soon-Mother rubbed her stomach again, she only had a few bites of grass to sate her tummeh-babbehs. To her, they were the only thing that looked familiar. Her internal programing saying ‘this is safe, this is okay to eat’ was the only thing keeping her from starving to death like the few Fluffies who refused to try the grass, thinking it was sharp and deadly.

The smell of Rain wafted over the mare, confusing her, she never once experienced rain, so she was afraid, thinking it was the Munstas again. Curling into her tipped over cardboard box, she curled and closed her eyes, thinking that if she could not see the rain, the rain could not find her.

Her attempt at hiding was brought to a halt as the loud thunderous boom crashed from the sky. The Soon-Mother, utterly horrified, was shocked, screeching as the sound caused the Mare to go into a early pregnancy.

“SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEE-B-BIGGESHT POOPIES!!!” The mare cried out from her Box nest. The crashing sound of rain drowning out her cries.

“Huu-huu pwease nu come yet babbehs! Nu am gud pwace fow babbehs, nee’ gud hoomin to hewp! Am tu soon! Pwe-SCREEEEEEEEE-” The mare begged, only to be cut off by the first foal passing. As the first Babbeh passed, it made its way thru the mare, and thru its unshaven ‘special place’ fluff. The Mother had had babbehs before, but never with her special fluff still on, she had seen other Mummah’s babbehs get stuck there, but the nice Hoomins got rid of it and helped out with the babies…

If only they were here now…

With the first foal passed, the mother began to hear the distraught chirps of her first foal. “Cheep! Cheep! Peep! Peep! Peep-peep!” It cried.

“Babbeh? Babbeh! Nu wowwy babbeh! Mummah nyo wha’ du!” The Mother said, comforting the Foal. To her dismay, as she turned to give the Babbeh milk, she felt a sudden cramp, she still had babbehs to push out.

“Wha’? Mowe Babbe-EEEEEEEEGH!” The Mare said, pushing out two more foals in one go. Finally, her babbeh feeling was gone, and before her laid three beautiful foals. A Blue-Green Earthie, a White-Aluminum Unicorn, and a Opal-Green Pegasus. As she looked over he babies, she smiled. “S-su pwetty! Wu-wub babbehs!” She said, heavily exhausted, remembering each one of her other babies being taken away. Of course, the nice hoomins said they were going to get taken care of.

The mother stared at her foals, all collectively chirping up a storm, amongst the storm they all were in, the Mother not realizing she herself would have to clean the amniotic fluid off of her babbehs, so they would not freeze in the thunderstorm. The mother waited, and waited, and waited for a hoomin to come and clean her foals… But none came.

“Huu-… why nu hoomin com tu cwean babbehs?” Her mind raced, and more importantly, confused. She sat there until her teats grew sore from the over abundant milk the foals needed. “Huu-huu, nu wan cwean babbehs… Buh nu hoomin comin… Mummah… Mummah cwean babbehs aww by hewsewf!” The Mother said, beginning to rub the foals against her fur, slowly, the foals became clean. The friction of their mother’s fur caused a few distressed chirps, a few scratches, but no permanent damage, thankfully.

“Pwetty Fwuff nu su pweety nu mowe… But Babbehs can habe miwkies nao!” Again the mother picked up her babies, placing the Unicorn on her first teat, and the Earthie on her other. She then picked up the Pegasus and realized… She only had TWO milkie places.

“Huu-… Su sowwy Wingie-Babbeh… Nu habe nudda miwkie-pwace… Babbeh can habe huggies whiwe odda babbehs dwink miwkies! Den when dey done, wingie-babbeh get miwkies!” The Mother decided. Instead of rotating the foals, each getting a certain amount, the Earthie drank and drank until completely full, and rotund. The Unicorn Baby drank quite a lot as well, leaving only a few sips of the precious milk left. By the time the Pegasus baby got to drink, it was practically kneading the mother’s teats dry.

As the mother saw the baby not drinking any of her milk, she, in all her brilliance deduced that she should not have had three babies, that is was her own fault that she did not have more than two milkie places. “Huu-… Nu wan nu gibe miwkies, buh nu enough! huu-huu… Am nu gud mummah…” The mother cried.

As she curled up in her damp box nest, the rain pouring around her, she thought back to when he had a nice clean home, plenty of food, and so many babies…

As her own Babies curled up on her fur, atop her, she felt them yawn, cheep and cry while the loud rain outside of their soggy nest poured harder and harder. The Mother looked up at the sky and silently whimpered as it kept pouring harder and harder.

Finally the Mother and her three babies drifted of to sleep. The Mother dreamed of her old ‘home’ she missed the nice hoomins… Her foals dreamed of only milk, and their mother’s warmth.

Their dreams were cut short as the ‘roof’ of the nestie caved in, completely soaking the Fluffy mother and babies, as the water crashed down on top of her, her Foals were swept away with the gush of water that came over them.

“SCREEEEEEEEE-SCREEEEEEEEEE!” The Mother cried out. Her foals made no noise as they drifted down the small current of water, leading them out of the Alley which they made their home. “NU! NU COME BACK BABBEHS! NU GU WIFF WAWA! WAWA NU GUD FOW BABBEHS!” The Mother begged her foals, not realizing the Unicorn had already succumbed to the water, drowning.

The Earthie surprisingly clung to life, flailing about cheeping wildly. The Pegasus was treading water in the two inch stream, quickly joining it’s sibling.

As the Mother ran to her babies, she slipped on a mix of her own footing and a small puddle, her legs not big enough to make it to her babbehs. “Owwies! Why gib-B-B-B-B-BABBEHS!” The Mother exclaimed from her side, she looked up and watched her now silent babbehs flow with the current of the small stream, finally reaching the not-so-close storm drain, finally passing the grate into the darkness. From the sidewalk, the Former-Mother watched, and cried, making no noise, just quiet whimpers. She had never experienced such pain, such sadness, so much loss. She had no idea what to do now.

The Former-Mother laid in the open rain for a few moments, finally getting up, and slowly limping back to the Alley. As she sat in the soaked remains of her nestie, she notice the rain began to clear, showing a clear star filled sky.

As she looked up at the beauty in amazement now completely soaked with rain water and tears. She realized that her babies were gone, that they would never be able to see the beauty of the world they lived in, they would never grow up to try grass, to run and play… They were gone…

Forever…

And all the Mare had left, was herself, not a Babbeh to love, under this star filled sky.

“Wan… Wan… Wan-D-… Huu-huu…” Cried the Mare.

37 Likes

@Virgil did i do this correctly? Like was i supposed to put some form of tag in it or a # thing? Just want to make sure

3 Likes

Everything except linking back to the theme post.
Not a big deal, I already handled it.
Hopefully this weekend I can read through some of these stories. I’m rather excited to hear everyone’s take.

5 Likes

awesome, i wanted to try sadbox, since that’s not my normal cup of tea, so i hope when you read it you enjoy!

thanks again for the fix V

3 Likes

Well sadbox most certainly is my cuppa tea.
Cool.

3 Likes

Not to be that person but… well… I guess I am. You do mean early labour, right? :sweat_smile:

Damn good story otherwise. So much heartache. :cry:

3 Likes

Exactly the kind of good shit I was expecting from this theme. No abuse, no hellgremlins.

Just the sad realities of a life she was completely unprepared for.

Bravo!

4 Likes