Neon / Bread notes from GJack

Hope I selected everything right…

I had a lil update on my story and a mini story I wanted feedback on.
I wanted to say thank you for all the feedback I’ve gotten on the first two parts of Good Neon. Rest assured I’m working on part three where things will ramp up. I’m stumped however on naming all the fluffs in the story. I also plan on opening it up to the community, because I need help on what the foals will logically do. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Now the other bit.
I’ve started to see posts about bread fluffies that are edible. Thinking on this for a moment, it makes a common occurrence in my home, terribly sad! Just with anthropomophising something. So let me share that, based on a true story!

Every Thursday morning when I get off work, I swing by my favorite doughnut shoppe and pick up some doughnuts for me and my buddy. He then makes a different brew of coffee. (He is a bit of a coffee snob and makes tons of great blends)

So this Thursday when I go into the shop, on the first shelf in the baker’s case are a number of tiny bread foals clamoring for me to pic them and num them. On the bottom shelf is a large adult loaf of bread, curled up and smiling.

I choose two vanilla filled foals for myself and two jelly filled for my buddy.
The woman working today uses some tongs and places the four giggling happy foals into a small square box and checks me out for $6.25

Eight minutes later I’m pulling into his driveway and walking up to his door. The box is mostly silent save for a few giggles and wiggles as the food foals presumably play.

Once the coffee is finished brewing he brings his fancy glass carafe to the table and grabs a couple of mugs. When I tell him what I got for breakfast, he nods, and I open the box. There is a chorus of ‘hurray’ as the lid opens. We each pick up our doughnut foal and bite into them as we continue chatting. The foals squeal in happiness as we bite into them, and become still and somehow sweeter.

I choose my second foal out and his last brother reaches out for ‘upsies’ he gets a little distressed when no one grabs him. I ask my buddy if he wants it and he says he’s watching his sweets. So I decide to close the lid and take it back with me for my afternoon tea.

I hear a number of huu huu’s and crying when the lid is closed. Once home I place the box on the counter and go in to shower. I skip my afternoon tea and go straight to bed.

That night as I ready for work I start breakfast and clean up the counters while my kettle is on. I open the forgotten box to find a stiff and stale doughnut fluffy that looks up at me, looking a little old. His eyes glisten, he’s been crying. He smiles and wags his tale.

I just go ewww, and decide to throw it out in the yard for the birds. As he sees i’m not going to eat him he crys. “What wrong with fluffy? Why no num fluffy? Why? Why fluffy so stiff? Huuu Huuu Huuu.”

Sadly I’ve wasted a few too many doughnuts in this manner in real life.

5 Likes

Give me a short description of each fluffy (color, personality,…) and I will try to help you find some names if you want.

Also enjoyed the bread fluffy story.

Maybe it would have been a better fit in ‘text selfposting’ as its own thing ? Idk.

1 Like

Three chirpy babbehs just starting to talk. A blue earthy, a light green pegasus, and a purple unicorn. Also a burgundy/wine colored mummah. Who things she is a genius, but isn’t a smarty.

1 Like

blue earthy chirpy:

Bluetooth
Spark
Toothpaste
Drop
Windows
Sky
Rain
Denim
Ocean
Navy
Berry

Light green pegasus chirpy:

Tiffany
Breeze
Frog
Leaf
Pepper
Grasshopper
Plant
Reptile
Lettuce
Kiwi
Tea
Crayon

purple unicorn chirpy:

Jelly
Plum
Pansy
Grape
Crocus
Star
Fig
Coral
Ube
Orchid
Owl
Moon
Witch
Wizard

burgundy/wine colored mummah

Sangria
Ruby
Vivid
Garnet
Merlot
Terracotta
Valentine
Wisdom
Red Light
Pattern
Sacred
Fabric
Cellar
Gem

Oooooh Merlot, I like that! I may use a few of these. Thank you so much for the assist!

1 Like