New fluffy family on sale! Only at hasbiomart! (by: artist-kun)

so if everyone knows it’s the biggest problem that you can’t profit of in any way then why the ratio is still that high? thanks to abusers, mares are going through a literal genocide because of that one issue, so why there are still that many?

1 Like

Why didn’t fluffies go extinct five minutes after being released into the wild?

If I can’t talk about torturing little fictitious horses because they’re too retarded to live up to my ethical standards, then what is even the point of this website?

because they were found by people who immediately started breeding them by the mass. the same people who would see that breeding mares who are prone to favoritism don’t worth the effort?

1 Like

reject ethical standards
return to being horrible for no reason

1 Like

Eh…that’s an issue with certain abuse headcanons themselves methinks, with abusers being either widespread AF (some being outright law abiding citizens) or going on massive murdersprees. Any trope about fluffies goes out the window, because there wouldn’t be any fluffies left in the world with the scores of multicolored pets killed by a single person.

No matter how quickly they give birth or eat through fields of wheat, if the whole nation is on a kill-on-sight mode they are gone.

Hence why I personally dislike that kind of work, because it requires a lot of suspension of disbelief from me, the reader. And I’m already reading a story about fluffies.

Tl;dr, some tropes make less sense the more widespread they are.

Too many abusers makes it hard to buy fluffies being a national threat. Too many bestest babbehs and bitch mummahs makes you wonder why people even bother selling fluffies if they have to kill off 8 out of ten families and have to feed the survivors themselves. Etc.

So, if creatures you’ve never seen before walked onto your lawn and started asking you for food, your first reaction would be “Fuck yes, I’m gonna breed these fuckers”?

You’ve gotta suspend your disbelief at least a little bit for fluffies to work. In my stories, I’ve hung a lampshade on the fact that the emergence of fluffies is actually a huge fucking change to the global status quo, and that people in-universe accepted that change a lot quicker than they would have accepted it in real life.

I think the events of the last year or so have shown us just how poorly people can react to a change to the status quo. And I don’t think I need to specify what I’m talking about.

Point is the whole fluffy thing falls apart if you poke at the holes too much. So don’t worry, have fun with it.

1 Like

america, what did you expect?

2 Likes

You know, now I’ve got an idea for something awesome.

A “what if” about how things would have gone had the creation of fluffies happened somewhere other than America.

Like, what if the first fluffies were created in Russia? Would the PETA breakout still happen? Or would another group of well-intentioned morons liberate the unfinished prototypes? Would the first fluffies survive after being released into the wild?

I think this is a concept with potential.

3 Likes

i am not aware of any activist groups like this here, and the winters here are way too brutal for any fluffpile to handle :hmm:

2 Likes

That’s what I wanted to hear. Thank you for the input, it’s exactly what this concept needs. We’ve got people from around the world, we could have some of those people do their own take on fluffies being created in their country. Make a collab out of it. Who better to write a story about fluffies being created in Russia than someone who lives in Russia?

2 Likes

i actually translated 2 “in Russia” stories. i will rise this for a possible theme week tho

2 Likes

Buying them altogether oughta be worth it. Oh how much fun one could have with them all.

My house has many rooms :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: