New style showcase (Dragonixa)

So, this is what I’m settling with :slight_smile:

To get here, I practiced a lot from references of horses and pigs just to get the most realistic effect possible. It was difficult to get it right, especially the extreme facial expression, but even then I’m realising there’s a lot ahead of me and I’ll need a lot more studies to perfect this style. Still, I’m having a ton of fun with this ^w^

You can see part of my journey in here:

Here’s some additional sketches I’ve done:

Just so you know, I am not abandoning my old style. Thanks to the studies, I’m hoping it can improve over time, because for a while I just felt like I wasn’t improving at all (mostly because I drew only from my imagination). My main goal and hope with this is pretty much finding a style that could meet somewhere in the middle of these two, and I’m excited for it :heart:

I wish you’ll stay with me for that journey, because it’s exciting to me and I’m hoping this is exciting for you as well ^^
Love you guys and thank you so much for being there for me and my art :heart:
Nixy UwU

44 Likes

I like it.
I think it’s equal parts cute and disturbing, just like a fluffy should be. :heart:

5 Likes

I mean, with a hairstyle and more personality it will definitely look less… uncanny, that’s for sure xd But I’m glad you still like it :heart:

4 Likes

It looks fantastic.
The disturbing part is how real it looks.
If I saw that in real life I would scream.
And then it would scream.
And then I would scream even more.

7 Likes

Hahahah, pretty much :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s some really nice anatomy work. Well done.

3 Likes

Thank you ;w;

2 Likes

You’re welcome! The inking is really nice, too. I’m envious. :smiley:

2 Likes

That definitely comes with practice ^^

1 Like

I look at these and start wondering what a realistic anthro might look like…
I’d “NOPE” myself outta there fast as possible.

5 Likes

It’s interesting since it sorta feels like what I’d imagine a fluffy would look like in real life. The only issue is the size of these new more realistic fluffs, they seem way too big to give “uppsies” to lol

Love your art though, you’re incredibly talented and I’ve been enjoying seeing how your art has developed.

2 Likes

… and now I want to try that shit lol

2 Likes

I didn’t mean them to seem big, they’re still not taller than someone’s knee level in my headcannon :stuck_out_tongue: But I’m glad you enjoy my art development :heart:

1 Like

Wut?

:disapprove:

3 Likes

If these are what “realistic, non-cartoony-looking” fluffies might look like, I shudder to think what IRL anthros might look like.

Kind of like anime’ characters: In their own canon/context they’re very appealing, but in ours (eg. Cosplay or suitplay) they’re very creepy/cringe-y…
In my opinion, that is.

That’s why I like anthros, but absolutely will not adapt a furry lifestyle.

4 Likes

However, in this artistic rendering, Nixa is (of course)
beyond exceptional.
:blush::heart:

2 Likes

:smile::grin::laughing::sweat_smile::rofl::joy::ok_hand::+1::heart:

2 Likes

I still wanna see old Carrot meet new Carrot.

2 Likes

I might have an idea with that one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And the one being exceptional here is you for being such a sweetheart :heart:

1 Like

i am horrified and i love it :ok_hand::ok_hand::fire::fire:
precious little crimes against nature :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like