Now Hiring

UPDATED

Hey all! I’m looking for some community input.

I’m gearing up for a big creative project that I want to share with the community when it’s ready.

The short version is “fluffy ranch/preserve with farm”.

What I’m looking for from the community are people to staff this new venture. Well, people and their fluffies.

If anybody has character ideas floating around that they never got to, concepts they’d like to see acted upon, or just want to make stuff up to contribute and see where things go, I’d love the input.

Keep in mind that this is a place to help fluffies, so overt abusers would not get through an interview. But somebody like Clint, who genuinely likes fluffies but has a hidden derangement could absolutely be hired.

So, I’m hiring for these positions for the fluffy ranch:

Vets
Researchers
Security
Farmers
Ranch hands
Administrative staff and technical professionals
Mechanics
Federal Agents (From the department of Agriculture, though feel free to massively overstate their remit)

THE UPDATE
I’m going to spill the beans in advance a bit, and do a facilities breakdown of the whole ranch. There’s more planned, but this should be a starting point.
-The Farm: The farm is a large, sectioned off portion of the ranch. This is used to grow food crops for the fluffies who live there, and the food for the Little Miracles main office (which I put in fictionalized Palatine, IL. Five hours north near Chicago). Especially trustworthy and hardworking fluffies are given farm jobs. Toughies patrol to scare off crows. They also report invaders like rabbits or moles that can hurt the crops.
-The Dairy: A large building with two wings. There’s the voluntary sections where fluffies who want to give milk to help babies grow up big and strong reside. This is a great place for pillow fluff mares who take comfort knowing that they are doing something good and helpful. The other wing is for bad mommas who try to hurt babies, are notorious for having bestest babies, or are just generally awful. They are either secured in place or pillowed to stop them moving around. Both wings are hooked up to milking machines that pump away the fluffy milk to be used for feeding and production. The difference is the good wing gets to go home at night if they can walk, and are given their own sleeping quarters if they can’t. The shitty mares just live there, with their waste being collected in a trough to be used as fertilizer.
-The Wilds: The open spaces of the ranch. Not really that wild, just a nickname. Dotted with heated/cooled concrete structures with individual rooms for fluffies to make nests. Basically instead of locking all the fluffies in pens, they just sorta roam around. The researchers will observe them and interact with them to study fluffy behavior. Additionally the patrols move around to help any fluffy that is injured, needs help delivering foals, etc. The idea is to create a sort of fluffy colony with a stable population based on available, but not overabundant resources. The fluffies do need to largely fend for themselves in an otherwise protected space.
-The Research Lab - Diet, physical fitness, genetic engineering. The lab will be a catch all place for science to happen. For my stories, I’ll be focusing on working on improving the health, wellbeing, and diet of fluffies.
-The School: An on premises institution for fluffies to learn how to be good fluffies and hopefully get adopted. Classes are lead by trained, qualified good smarties. They turn their natural leadership abilities and talents for manipulation towards helping fluffies find homes.
-Administration: The central command of the whole facility. The people who do all the office work, IT, security monitoring, etc. Fluffies can help out here by running papers between offices, bringing coffee, etc.
-Adoption Center: Fluffies who want to find homes, instead of remaining out in the wilds, can stay in the adoption center. They go through the school to learn how to be good, they are kept fed on the best diet available from the research lab, and all prospective owners go through a rigorous screening before being allowed to adopt. Mommas out in the wilds of the ranch will often bring their babies to the adoption center when they are weaned so they can learn and ‘get nuw homsies’.
-Maintenance: Where all the farm equipment is stored and fixed. Generally fluffies are now allowed here due to the amount of heavy machinery that could get them hurt or killed. Some very smart fluffies could be allowed here to help with repairs by fetching tools. Generally a fluffy would have to be able to read at a minimum to be considered smart enough to be allowed here, and never unsupervised.
-Fertilizer Production: The worst fluffies that make it on the ranch (rapists, cannibals, generally awful monsters) may end up in fertilizer production. Generally they are pillowed and installed in racks. Rectal cathetars and feeding tubes keep them in a loop of eating and shitting. Their food is nutritous but not particularly tasty. It’s also fortified with additional chemicals to turn their feces in to high quality fertilizer. If they die, they are simply added to the mix. This is not a place for hugboxers, and employees here must be watched carefully for the emergence of abuser tendencies. They should take the work seriously and not delight in it. Fluffies are strictly forbidden from this places, and the staff circulate horror stories about it to scare them away.

Again, if anybody has character ideas to fill these roles, drop them in the comments or feel free to DM me.

The end goal of this whole thing will be to create a common location for story telling and enable people on here to tell stories that can easily interact with one another.

Additionally if creatores like the concept, I’ll encourage them to make their own ranches as well.

This single ranch will start at around 750 acres (3km square), and grow as it needs more space. At the start, it will be able to sustain around 700 fluffies on the food it grows, notably more if they are foraging for food in ‘The Wilds’. That creates a LOT of room for people to bring characters on to the ranch to tell their stories if they want to use the setting.

8 Likes

I know we’ve talked about it off-court but if you want to use Herman in a more consistent capacity then you could make him a seasonal employee. He works through the winter period to help keep things running smoothly before returning home during the spring to grow his crops.

That way we can both use him without worrying about timeline fuckery and he can pop up more frequently in your series.

Plus if you’d like, the Mongola name is fairly well known for all the wrong reasons do there’s tension there if you’d like the drama

2 Likes

I was thinking I’d have him be there for initial consultation and be a regular feature of conversation as an advisor.

Though I definitely like the idea of him coming out for the winter to supervise the set and construction of facilities.

2 Likes

hmh, what research is there to be had in a fluffy ranch/preserve with farm?

a way to make some superfood for the fluffies?

or genetically modify them to make them more durable?

or perhaps a pill that will make them smarter?

there’s alotta ways you can go about this

You can use Anon Yernamehere as an investor and a ranch hand. His career as a gamer has set him up with enough money that he’s looking to branch out.

From the same series Johnathan “Little Jon” Tanner is available as a Security Consultant. And Regio “Reg” Serrano is a first rate mechanic with a hobby of building fluffy sized prosthetics.

1 Like

What kind of research?

Maybe all of the above are story ideas I’ve got bouncing around.

Primarily heath and diet, psychology and behavior science, and possibly genetic research.

Appreciated! When I do the big set up story, I’ll bring them in.

Would Anon want to bring his new Xenofoal for study?

1 Like

Interesting, I may have someone to offer for that, and he’d have the unruly to use as tests

it’s in the middle of the city (and is therefore probably pretty far from the ranch) but would Little Miracles like to partner with Zombie Fluffy Daycare?

you’d have to get permission from their mummahs & daddehs, but all their fucked up supernatural regulars would probably make for fascinating research. maybe they’d just have an opt-in for participating in scientific studies on the sign-up sheet

plus, Little Miracles would also have a place to send heavily disfigured/mutated/undead/“monster” fluffies that specializes in that sort of thing (and getting said freaky fluffies adopted. they’re like a shelter-daycare combo ig). i wanna expand on Zombie Fluffy Daycare, but it’d still be a tiny establishment run by like, a couple of guys lol

1 Like

what about a researcher named fergus fingledonk that tries very hard to make fluffies have a better life but only has an 80% success rate? like 8 of his experiments work but then he tries to make their bones denser but it makes them easily tired and even slower than normal fluffies or tries to make them be able to swim but instead they just drown on land or something

I feel like this would make an awesome annex facility within the city itself! Yes, a partnership would be cool.

1 Like

I mean, works for me. Does he love fluffies and want to try to make thier lives better? Cool, then he qualifies.

1 Like

They end up like sharks and have to be on the move to not suffocate, their gills act like regular lungs that can’t draw in or retain air

I can see him pairing with another scientist that help carry his ideas over the finish line. Like, he gets to that 80% working, and then has to call in his lazy but slightly smarter friend to get him past where he’s stuck.

I have an idea, A hijacked robot! - that is being used to grow corn

1 Like

A complex tractor then?

1 Like

…go on…

1 Like

It was Supposed to be a killing machine, but then someone hacked it.