On Consuming Fluffies

Random thought floating through my head: Since Fluffies have human DNA would it be considered cannibalism to eat one? Or would it be considered appropriate to eat them? Would there be a line drawn between Western and Eastern cultures? Wondering what others think.

1 Like

until you legally prove that human dna was used in their creation, it’s not cannibalism

4 Likes

they most likely don’t have any human dna

3 Likes

@FluffiesAreFood your time to shine

2 Likes

Depends on how one looks at it. I would say that it wouldn’t since we do share 50% of our DNA with a banana and I don’t get the looks like I would eating an arm.

:shrug:

3 Likes

in all seriousness tho i imagine in universes they are considered animals it would be taboo in the west to eat fluffys, since they would be seen like pets. But countries like China id see them having their own internal market of fluffy meat

7 Likes

will it be the same for the subspecies?

2 Likes

Hm, good question. i imagine the sentience and human-like characteristics of fluffys and their subspecies would be a turn off on (most) peoples hungers, unlike fishes who will just flop around while its innards are served still alive x.x’

BUT it will be less of a problem if you say that consuming fluffy meat is healthy for ecology

1 Like

I’d be more concerned about diseases associated with cannibalism to be honest I’d hope they’d genetically different enough where that wouldn’t be a problem.

“Is a human eating fluffy meat an act of cannibalism?” IMO the short answer is “no.” The longer answer follows.

I want to preface this by pointing out that it’s not a given that fluffies have human DNA, any more than it’s a given that pigs, corvids or parrots (all of which have some human-like features) have human DNA. The DNA of a fluffy really depends on headcanon. In my headcanon, the DNA composition of fluffies is not well known and is protected by draconian intellectual property laws.

But let’s suppose that fluffies have human genes, in the strictest sense possible - meaning that Hasbio spliced parts of an actual human’s DNA directly into the genetic code of the fluffy. Does that make it cannibalism to eat a fluffy?

As far as I’m concerned, not really, since you can’t cannibalize an organism that isn’t the same species as oneself - and even if fluffies share human DNA, and even if that human DNA comes directly from a human, they’re a different species. Eating fluffy might nonetheless present some of the same dangers as eating human organs (so for example, don’t eat the brain tissue unless you’re sure the fluffy doesn’t have some prion disease).

As far as a line drawn between Western and Eastern cultures - it’s going to be much more complicated than that. Western cultures share a lot of the same history, and Eastern cultures share a lot of the same history, but they are not monoliths. So for example, in my headcanon, fluffy meat is banned in Singapore, Indonesia and parts of the Philippines, but is very popular in coastal China, Vietnam, Japan, and Korea. And of course African cultures don’t fit neatly into an East-West divide. Etc.

1 Like

This is really questionable. I for one, would eat a person right now. But I wouldn’t put my mouth anywhere near a fluffy. I feel like since it’s still a toy the meat would be plastic-y and filled with dyes and chemicals, the human dna would be the only thing that would make it worth eating in my hoe opinion.

1 Like

EaJhPZZXkAUGeh0

1 Like

Thank you, everyone for your input. Had seen several times, not sure who said, that fluffies contained human DNA, but was curious as too where eating fluffy meat would be taboo. I think I have a better understanding now. Thank you, again.

1 Like

Again, some people’s headcanon does have fluffies provably containing human DNA, some headcanons having fluffies not containing DNA, and some (including mine) having fluffies not conclusively proven in a court of law to contain human DNA but everyone pretty much believing it to be so to the point that there are some legal precedents saying “I’m not saying it out loud, but we all know what we’re thinking.” The important thing for your stories/headcanons is what you think is true, not anyone else’s headcanons.