Out of Sight, Out of Mind [By MuffinMantis]

“Mummah wub bestest babbeh, bestest babbeh wub mummah!” a scrawny feral mare sang. Her other two good-babbehs sat nearby, malnourished and unattended while the bestest receiving food and attention. The two miserable poopie-babbehs wallowed in filth, sobbing and begging for affection and actual milk.

“What do you think you’re doing?” an angry voice came. Standing there, towering over the small family, was a furious-looking middle-aged woman.

“Gib miwkies tu bestest babbeh!”

“Bestest?” the woman asked, tone dangerous. She leaned down and pulled the bestest away, drawing cheeps of fear and anger. The other two good-babbehs took their chance to get milkies, but were kicked away by their mummah.

“Doesn’t look like bestest anymore to me.

The mare wailed in horror and grief as the peeping bestest babbeh’s limbs were torn off, one by one. To add insult to injury, the woman didn’t even bother killing the now-crippled foal, instead dropping her onto her mother after slathering the wounds with quick-heal gel. The foal would survive, but would never walk, run, or play.

“Wai gib huwties tu bestest babbeh? Wai take weggies 'way?”

“Maybe you should treat your foals the same, bitch. If you’d done that I’d have left you alone.”

“Mummah nyo,” the mare said, in a suddenly clear tone, as if she’d had an epiphany. "Wud weabe mummah an’ babbehs awone tu hab tummeh-owwies an’ fowebah-sweepies. Bestest babbeh wewe onwy chance mummah an’ famiwy hab tu fin’ nyu mummah ow daddeh.

"Hoomins nu tink poopie babbehs ow nu-pwetty babbehs am gud babbehs. Say am “common” ow “no wowth nuffin.” Mummah onwy hab wun pwetty babbeh, onwy wun chance tu fin’ nyu mummah ow daddeh, su nee’ keep bestest babbeh safe, nu wet hab tummeh-owwies ow fowebah-sweepies. Onwy pwetty babbeh am “wawe” ow “vawuabwe.”

"Mummah twy, twy su hawd tu fin’ nuff nummies fow miwkies fow aww babbehs, bu’ hoomins gib speshow-fwiend fowebah-sweepies. Nu hab nuff nummies, nu hab nuff miwkies. Su mummah hab tu choose, an’ hab tu choose wut babbeh hab bestest chance of wibin’ an’ findin’ nyu mummah an’ daddeh.

"Odda gud babbehs nu make fin’ nyu mummah ow daddeh hawdew ow easiew, bu’ mummah nu can wet bestest babbeh gu fowebah-sweepies. Mummah nu wan nu gib miwkies tu gud babbehs, bu’ nu hab nuff! Nee’ sabe bestest babbeh ow mummah an’ babbehs aww nebah fin’ nyu mummah ow daddeh, aww hab tummeh-owwies an’ fowebah-sweepies.

"Nu-pwetty babbehs make fin’ nyu mummah ow daddeh hawd, bu’ mummah nu can gib fowebah-sweepies! Nu ebah hab nuff miwkies fow nu-pwetty babbehs, bu’ stiww wan nu-pwetty babbehs tu wib! Twy fin’ nummies, bu’ nu can! Su nu-pwetty babbehs num wut can, an’ mummah nyo babbeh poopies wet nu-pwetty babbehs wib!

"Su wut? Wut ‘ou du tu hewp? Take bestest-babbeh weggies? Make mummah an’ odda babbehs nebah ebah fin’ nyu mummah ow daddeh? Make odda babbehs hab tummeh-owwies an’ fowebah-sweepies? Wai munstah wady nu see? Wai onwy gib huwties, nebah gib hewp?

"MUMMAH NU WAN HAB WET BABBEHS HAB TUMMEH-OWWIES! Bu’ nu hab nummies, nu hab miwkies! Mummah nu nyo wut tu do! Fwuffies am’ fow huggies an’ wub, nu am fow wib awone! Fwuffies nee’ mummah ow daddeh! Bu’ nu fin’, nao wiww nebah fin’.

"Nao wut mummah du? Babbehs wiww gu fowebah-sweepies, nu mattew wut mummah du nao! Wet babbehs gu fowebah-sweepies? Fin’ nyu speshow-fwiend an’ hab mowe babbehs, an’ hope aww babbehs am pwetty? Hao many times? Hao many babbehs nee’ gu fowebah-sweepies?

"Mummah am bad mummah, mummah nyo. Bu’ mummah nu hab choice! Hoomins take speshow-fwiend, take bestest-babbeh! Nao aww babbehs am gon’ gu fowebah-sweepies! Munstah wady nu hewp! Onwy make ebewyfing wowse!

“Wady, pwease. Jus’ kiww mummah. Kiww babbehs nao. Nu make hab tummeh-owwies befowe gu fowebah-sweepies. Nu make babbehs huwt. Mummah am sowwy nu am gud mummah, am sowwy nu can fin’ nummies wike hoomin. Mummah am sowwy hab choose babbeh.”

The woman shrugged and kicked the mare into a wall. Whatever. She walked over towards the remaining foals, wincing a little at the smell. Maybe someone would find them and adopt them before they died, but she wasn’t about to take some filthy feral foals. She walked off, feeling up-beat. Another bad mummah and bestest-babbeh gone.

She’d forgotten about them by the time the bestest babbeh’s agonized chirping faded from hearing.

32 Likes

…Wow… Dude fuck that… I don’t really even know what to say…

3 Likes

Must… resist… urge… to… hurt… dumbass… woman…

Fuck.

Great story. I’ve been waiting for something like this, where the fluffy explains why they act like that, in a way that makes sense, cynically speaking.

4 Likes

Fluffspeak monologue

Where’s the human abuse tag

5 Likes

Human:

~Tanitis intensifies~

“Wady, pwease. Jus’ kiww mummah.” ~selective hearing engaged!~

NGL after I scrolled down through the first paragraph of colored text and saw it was almost all voice I started to be like. ‘Man this feels like a tricked into a fluffu comic.’

Part of me thinks this is what fluffies deal with as an internal monologue but due to social awkwardness / poor programming they just get out shitty points that are badly interpreted by people.

3 Likes

lol

1 Like

I like to think of it as their inherent cutesyness getting in the way of communication, and when they’re emotionally overwhelmed to the point that they communicate clearly they let loose with this stuff.

And get kicked.

3 Likes

The mare is clearly defective… it just answered with several bad phrases to a potential “Mummah”.

It does deserve to be killed.

1 Like