Pet Project [By Biorb_McBiorb]

Hi all! I wanted to share a bit of an idea I’ve been working on! It’s not done yet, and I still need to tune it a bit, but…

DRUMROLL

I’m creating a Homebrew Race of Fluffies!

As soon as they are all done they will be available on DnD Beyond for all to play as!

Here I figured I’d share a bit about the lore of Fluffies, and what to expect!

The Feywilds are vast and strange, ever changing, and ever expanding… So is it really any wonder that Fluffies wouldn’t be a possibility in that gods forsaken realm? - Asan Vito, traveling minstrel.

Fluffies are natives of the Feywilds, living in nomadic tribes that dot the colorful realm! While most that make their way to the Material Plane find it during odd circumstances, some are actually summoned thru the magics used by intrepid heroes and adventurers, whether they were meant to be summoned or not!

The Fluffy race that inhabits the Feywilds are different than regular Fluffies, they stand taller, sharing the height and weight of an average adult Halfling. The reason for this change is to allow Fluffies to be more of a stand out presence then they already are, and to show that the Feywilds can cause changes and anomalies that even seasoned adventurers couldn’t expect.

Fluffies retain their multi-colorful fur and manes, but it does have it’s disadvantages, such as being that much more noticeable in darker areas.

Fluffies also retain their ‘Fluffy-Speak’!

yay…

Yeah so they can understand, comprehend, and speak Common, but due to their… Special nature, they can only speak in their native… tongue? Some more patient adventuring parties that travel with Fluffies decide to connect with them via telepathy, or even trying to adopt the Fluffy’s native tongue…

Most just agree with whatever the Fluffy says due to not really understanding.

At least Kenku have the decency to just be quiet - Random Ass Wizard who travels with 2 Fluffies.

Fluffies can come in different variants, similar to the communities subspecies list.

Sadly (mostly cus I do not want to fucking make THAT many homebrew races) I kept it to the big four.

• Earth - Toughest among the variants, able to shrug off damage and be… Well, Tough! (Earthies)

• Air - Gifted with wings that can ACTUALLY MAKE THEM FLY!!! As well as frailer bodies… (Pegasai)

• Magic - Fluffies gifted with innate magic coursing thru their very body! They also come with a nice horn that parts thru their manes! (Unicorn)

• Monster - Fluffies that have been born with both Wings and Horn, but are few in number, as they are considered Omens of ill times for Herds, and are killed soon after they are born. (Alicorn)

Ima be real with ya’ll, I only have a few things ready, and have been super bogged down with my ongoing campaigns and work, but as soon, AS SOON, as I can get them up and ready, they will be ready for use in your own worlds and stories!

Oh, I also really should make stat blocks for random Fluffy enemy encounters…

8 Likes