question

my question is…fluffys can be gay?

5 Likes

For what I’ve seen, for fluffies if there’s no mares then any hole is a goal, so maybe if they’re raised without mares they can be gay

4 Likes

Probably, yes. Depending on how “artificial” they are in your headcannon, you can give different explanations.

If you classify them as a “biotoy”, you can say that it’s a glitch in their programming. If you think of them as first and foremost an animal, then you don’t really even need an explanation, since there plenty of examples of gay relationships among animals.

However, there would probably be a lot of issues for gay fluffies, namely them not understanding what’s wrong with them compared to straight fluffies. Even more difficult is the way other fluffies will see them. They already struggle with accepting others, a fluffy of a different orientation could lead to a shitshow

6 Likes

It depends on headcannon, so, yeah i guess, it would make sense since they were biogically engineered from various animals

1 Like

I believe they can be. But if part of the whole biological “culture” of the fluffies is to propagate the species I’m sure if anything it may be seen as strange and may lead the pair to be shunned. If it were any other groups of sentient species they may come to accept it over time but considering the short lifespans and even shorter collective memory I have my doubts.

4 Likes

It probably doesn’t help in domesticated fluffies that they have owners that have their own opinions on sexual orientation which maybe enforced onto them. The depiction of Hasbio across different authors also push the babbehs narrative further pushing that onto impressionable fluffies.

4 Likes

I don’t see why not. It’s a common glitch in living beings, so seems natural fluffies could bend that way too. They are pretty gender neutral about hugging and loving everyone and everything already, so I bet some would want to escalate it into same sex special huggies as well.

And I bet it would cause some hilarious confusion among them! :laughing: Imagine the surprise of a fluffy when he realizes why his friend wanted to climb on top of him. Or that of a fluffy trying to explain with its limited intelligence why they can’t be special friends despite being best friends already. And the complete confusion of mares asking other mares for special huggies and how they’d even try go about it in the first place. :rofl:

The last thing I’d expect from them is any kind of shunning or unacceptance. These are fluffies, not hellgremlins, and fluffies by their nature love everyone. They want to be friends with everyone, whether or not they wanted to be special friends as well. :blush:

4 Likes

Totally up to your headcannon.

In my headcannon, for example, fluffies aren’t necessarily attracted to each other. Rather they chose a special friend that embodies all the “good” traits of a fluffy (“fwuffy am fo wub and huggies! Fwuffy wub babbehs! Fwuffy wub fwuff famiwy!”) To them, special huggies is for the sole purpose of babbehs, not for expressing love towards their special friend. As such, they would never chose a special friend that couldn’t provide them with babbehs. This essentially means no same sex couples, or even couples where one or both fluffies are sterile or have had enough trauma to make them sterile.

But that’s just cause Hasbio put breeding rate above all else for fluffs. If fluffies have less (or no) behavioral programming from your headcanon’s Hasbio, then it makes perfect sense for fluffies to have any and all sexual orientations.

1 Like

Well we know their moms can be :munstahmuffin:, so I don’t see why not.
Honestly Fluffs can be pretty much anything you want and if they story/picture is good people will like it.

1 Like

Yes, in fact it was listed as a defect in generation 4 fluffys