Quick question.

So I drew a comic that explains my headcannon, but my scanner takes half an hour per page to scan anything (on a good day) so the question is if anyone would actually want to see that comic because if not then I don’t really want to spend half a day just waiting for it to scan. (I bought the scanner for twenty bucks so it’s really my own fault).

3 Likes

Half an hour per page? That’s either at some wacky resolution or it’s old enough it’s got a serial interface on the back.

2 Likes

I think it’s because of the “wireless” option. It tries to send the pictures to my phone and keeps going through a loop of “No connection please restart”. I’m trying to get a computer so I can just plug it into that and speed it up but until then half an hour.

@Turboencabulator

1 Like

Now I’m intrigued, could you please find the manufacturer and model number of your scanner? This is tickling my IT professional senses.

3 Likes

Canon print

Model number: TS3300 series

@Turboencabulator

oh god I’ve had to work with those before. If you’re sending it straight to your phone then the scanner ignores its internal buffers and literally streams the image data. Your best bet is to set the resolution as low as possible.

If you can’t change the resolution then the next best thing I would recommend is to look into something like a raspi for a cheap computer since the USB connection doesn’t have those issues.

2 Likes

I new I bought a bad one, thank you.

@Turboencabulator

1 Like

If you decide to upgrade I would recommend Amazon.com

1 Like

You can just take photos of it, as long as it’s good quality and great lighting. I’d love to see the comic! However, I don’t want you to spend hours on such a boring task

3 Likes

Thank you so much I’ll have to look into it. That may take a couple days though.

I used to take pictures but I got self-conscious about the quality.

2 Likes

just get a USB adapter to connect it to your phone. usb 2 to micro usb or usb c depending on your phone, then plug the scanner straight into it.

1 Like

Depends on the software available though. Canon is one of those companies that loves to throw in extra DRM and useless apps. Plus most printers nowadays require specific auth drivers that won’t be available on a phone.

1 Like

I checked the back already, there’s no USB option, it’s a different kind of port.

Fuck haters, don’t be self concious, I bet they were good :)) as long as we can see/read what’s there, it’s all good

1 Like

So I’ve decided that I’ll scan the comic, though I won’t release it all together. I’ll post them in batches as they scan and then when they’ve all finished combine them into one large post (deleting the originals). Starting tonight as I’m writing this.

So, if anyone is still looking at this post. Little update.

I no longer have a scanner, it’s broken. Might be a minute longer then intended to get anything out. Might just take pictures of my stuff again for now.

Your scanner felt so bad it went into wan die loop and got to forever sleepies

1 Like