Quick to temper (CookieCrunch)

This is a cry for help. PLEASE if anyone knows tricks to stop earwigs, lend ya girl some tips :sob: I’m tired of dealing with these raggedy things every summer

102 Likes

Glue traps.

8 Likes

Live in a desert.

7 Likes

That face in the last panel is precious

7 Likes

Don’t know why she’s stopping him, i tend to stand behind my pets and cheer them on when they confront a bug (granted they almost never do anything worth note to it so I usually have to deal with it in the end anyway).

17 Likes

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

4 Likes

LMMFAO!
That look as it tries to eat the bug is absolutely priceless!

Try a perimeter of diatomaceous earth around your house.
Even better if you can blow the powder underneath your house.
(only effective for as long as it’s dry, but it’s pretty inexpensive and generally harmless to pets so long as they don’t have to constantly breathe the stuff)

12 Likes

I’ve never heard of that before but you bet your bippy I’ll be looking for it. I’ll try anything at this point

5 Likes

Citrus+mint+lemongrass repels almost all wildlife, from spiders to rats.

It’ll make your pets unhappy, but that’s your decision.

Fun fact though, earwigs are the most mammal-like insects. They reorganize and clean eggs with their tongues to ensure they all have a fighting chance to hatch, and teach them.
If they didn’t trigger such unpleasant reactions people would probably raise them as pets.

7 Likes

Some of the cats we’ve had would hunt bugs. Silverfish? No. But two of them would hunt the centipedes here…

5 Likes

Came through with a list and everything, Thank y’all so much :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Fluffies look a bit odd with actual hair. But I did afro fluffies, so I can’t really judge.

I suggest moving somewhere where there aren’t any earwigs.

2 Likes

Every time I see this it makes me laugh.
I’m featuring it

6 Likes

Ugh… I hate so many dang arthropod buggy bastards. Like, beech, I respect you’re part of the ecosystem, but STOP INVADING MY PERSONAL SPACE!! A week ago, when I was getting outta the shower, a silverfish fell onto my chest outta nowhere, and I had a mini-panic. :nauseated_face:
I’ve developed a hatred for stink bugs, which the past couple years were a major annoyance (though hasn’t been as bad this year). Nothing is sacred to them.
As far as earwigs, when lookin’ at the internet, I saw a thing that said rubbing alcohol and water (spray to kill on-sight), boric acid powder (to put on out of reach places where they may crawl, it’ll poison them, but needs to be kept away from pets), light traps (attract earwigs with light, then spray 'em), and there’s also the option of oil and soy sauce traps (description: Combine olive oil and soy sauce in a small container and place in a location near where earwigs have been found. Earwigs will be attracted to the smell and climb into the liquid where they will drown… damn, sounds like hunting for fluffies).

7 Likes

This is adorable! I love it when fluffies try to be protective, and those expressions really show how determined he was! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

(shrug)
You could always try a shoe or rolled-up newspaper…
Just sayin’

2 Likes

This topic reminds me of a dream I had last night: there were cockroaches swarming all over my floor and toads hopping around eating the roaches.
I hate cockroaches and don’t mind reptiles/amphibians (BUT NOT IN MY APARTMENT)

3 Likes

He’s just trying to defend his little mummah… Let him kill the bug!

2 Likes

Takes a slow bite anyways while making unwavering eye contact.

1 Like

Oh man this could have been a first, a fluffy getting it’s ass beat by an earwig

1 Like