Saved from the barbeque (artist: Carpdime)

@Arch Considering the move companies are making towards plant-based meats, as well as the possible moral outrage of eating an animal that can construct a reasonable human sentence, I think such a drastic scenario may result in veganism being more adopted. Hell, I know I’d become a vegan in such a case (or at least, a pescetarian)

@FluffiesAreFood The reset canon is a leftover from a time when they had fluffies as “manufactured” biotoys with a computer chip inside of them.

Also, since her throat isn’t cut yet, I’d prefer the ambiguity of her situation

@TroubledVeteran Thinking about @Mexi @Jibboom and @WhalerTom 's responses, I feel like its more likely the foal could be set free and become yet-another-abandoned-foal. Though that itself could be its own interesting story.

3 Likes

Could raise it to adulthood, put in a box outside the nearest recruiters station for a small tax write off, to bring a healthy fluffy for the grunty program?

3 Likes

This picture started off as a story concept involving the boy and the foal he saves. I do intend to complete a story for this as soon as I can clear some of the story backlog.

5 Likes

I really like the way you draw your fluffies!

3 Likes

@Carpdime I’d love to read it whenever you get round to it!

4 Likes

The kid will be lucky if they don’t end up being forced to kill the fluffy himself. That stuff is scarring.

3 Likes

plays triage at dawn on trumpet

2 Likes

Tastes like chicken.

2 Likes

I’ve never understood the entire “fluffies are edible/a delicacy” thing; honestly, it looks like they’d taste like absolute shit.

2 Likes

When you’re desperate - as in, there’s no food anywhere and help isn’t coming - squirrels and pigeons are on the menu. Why not fluffies, then?

In my headcanon, they just turned out to be delicious. And so they become the most common source of animal protein on Earth.

1 Like

I can see fluffies being famine food, yeah. But delicacies? They were literally chimeras with human DNA: if anything, their flesh is an awful mish-mash of shit like equine, canine, human, all of which are renowned for being stringy and tough.

It’s hard to judge where one lands when mixing genes, though. Would you have picked ostrich for tasting like beef?

Ooh! That reminds me of how lobsters used to be considered a famine food and a poor man’s protein because it was really abundant and easy to get, but eventually it became a delicacy after expensive diners started serving it.

Source: A Taste of Lobster History

3 Likes

Gotta save at least one for later.

shit on the kitchen counter. The health department would shut down that place in five minutes. :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: