Saving the most valuable thing. (by: artist-kun)

13572 - abuse artist_artist-kun burn feral fire foals_die nest safe

78 Likes

YOUR GOD DAMN LIFE !!! T’hats right !!
After all, a dead mummah = dead foals
and, dead foals =/= a dead mummah :v

15 Likes

Damn.

A Fluffy’s sole effective defense is their ability to soread fire everywhere and get an effective human death toll.

But a Foal can’t move fast enough to manage it.

Such a tragedy.

5 Likes

I think fluffy mother logic is: ‘I can always have more.’

It’s a bit callous, but when you lose offspring at almost an equal rate as you can have them, one tends to be more jaded toward their childrens’ deaths.

10 Likes

Excatly :v
And somehow it’s a “good” species defence :v (it’s not ethical, but it work somehow :v)

6 Likes

Yeah. The reason fluffies are so numerous (even with them discarding their undesirables) because the parents put themselves first.

I do like the canons that employ the either parent will sacrifice their children to save their own hides. It adds to the ‘unfinished’ trait of fluffies.

2 Likes

It also adds to their prey status. I’ve heard it observed the more likely a species is too have it’s young sure our not make it, the more they’ll often have overall. This certainly bears out with fluffies.

2 Likes

Yeah. I was thinking that too. How certain animals will have large litters of offspring irl for the same reason (ie rats and rabbits come to mind), but logistically speaking: the more offspring the better chance your species will survive.

3 Likes

Hell, look at fish!

3 Likes

In nature, it is normal in some species to let their young be eaten, so they can runway. Because, as @Fluffocalypse wisely put: “She can have more”.

Really, I saw a video about a mother kangaroo trowing her Joe to its death when pursued by a predator, only so she could survive…

You know, nature is Fucked up.

6 Likes

YES!! MATHS!!

3 Likes

Oh ! it reminds me the video of the mother bear, after losing one of her two child, ate the other one :v (to avoid wasting her energy to raise only one bear).

1 Like

Yeah, I did a whole storyline about that. Nature is not your friend, and nature doesn’t care if you live or die.

2 Likes

burnnn

1 Like

Body of an r selection species, superficial attitude of a k selection species

2 Likes

That shitty mom deserves to burn as well.

Life is brutal.