Saximaphone's Fluffy RP (Part 10)

Previous: Saximaphone's Fluffy RP (Part 9)

I’m very happy that Hastur is starting to become a bit happier here. The poopie and alicorn techniques will surely help with him as well. The covers for the nubbies would be a good idea, but I’d have to research that more later. The wrong design or material could cause more chafing than just having them in open-air. She’s fine for right now as long as nobody deliberately touches them. Abuse tactics are an absolute last resort for me. Tubby isn’t full-on smarty yet so there’s still a way to calm him down before he goes off the deep-end.

Well I guess I did have a bit of a party to celebrate.

I THINK I went over ground rules pretty well. They could get into a lot of stuff I could never think of though.

I already decided to have Sketti Day every Friday so that should cover rewards in general. I can probably give them treats now and again for doing good poopies and interacting with the ‘undesirables’. The babies need formula still so maybe I’ll add something special to it or get some higher quality stuff for them. Wimpy can suckle on a burger if she wants. I have a feeling she’ll do anything for it the way she goes on about them.

Working from home means I have lots of time to spend with them. In this multi-fluffy setting loneliness will also not be that large of an issue.

Toys… well…

I look down at the beat-up jingly ball, one good human kick from falling apart. Tubby has already torn a feather out of the God-knows-how-old… whatever you call those. Cat fishing rods? Now that I think of it, I think these toys belonged to like three generations of pet cats. Probably why there are only two left. I’ll make a point to go get some actual toys later this week. I didn’t even think of doing a toy rotation! That makes so much sense if they get bored of the same ones. Of course if they have a favourite I probably would keep it in there.

I snicker to myself as I read them talk about cute chonk fluffs and eye up Tubby struggling to set up the pole again. He just looks so adorable! A little overweight like him should be fine I think. Any larger and I’d definitely have to intervene… as cute as it might be.

For emergencies I have basic stuff in my bathroom that should be just fine. I can always take them to the vet or to Al at the shelter. Considering you’re not operating on ‘real’ animals, you don’t actually need a license to be a fluffy vet. It attracts all kinds of shady characters. I honestly trust Al as a shelter owner more than I would trust somebody in a fancy office. His rates are probably ten times cheaper too.

Entertainment would be another thing. I’m here a lot but I do have a life outside of my computer believe it or not, and long projects with deadlines would require me to focus for the better part of a good few days. Actually, having fluffies around might alleviate some of that stress (and hopefully not just displace it on them). I can maybe find some kind of cheap DVD player I can use. Something I’m not afraid to lose to damage or filth.

Having a herd of them will definitely help but fluffies have an embedded instinct to seek out human attention and love at all costs. Like many fluffy instincts this can of course be trained or traumatized out of them, and smarties display the exact opposite behaviour. Neglect is actually a very common cause of smarty syndrome as they decide to be their ‘own owner’ in the absence of a human one.

Fluff TV is specifically designed to provide company for solitary fluffs, teach lessons to compliment training, and more often than not just distracting their simple minds from even realizing their owner is gone. Subscriptions can get expensive though, and default Fluff TV been known to upset pillows quite often as they watch other fluffies run and play, or the common educational tool of ‘counting leggies’. There are programs designed to help pillows cope and teach fluffs to respect poopies and not fear alicorns, but each of those is its own separate subscription addon package or DVD box and it all adds up. I have fond memories of watching countless VHS tapes as a kid. It doesn’t substitute real parenting of course but in moderation is fun and a great break for parents.

Puberty is something I definitely have to deal with if I’m actually going to breed these things. Enfie toys and foal dolls won’t really be needed if they have other fluffies they are allowed to mate with and their own babies to raise. Foal dolls might be an idea to give to them before they are ready to sort of give them a head start. Foal dolls of course are expensive so it would probably be some kind of little toy, or remembering that giant-ass bag of poopies, a literal goddamn child would probably be cheapest and most effective.

I need to watch spending of course. Official Hasbio stuff is overpriced, and marked up even more if you get it from Fluffy Mart instead of their website. There’s tons of knockoff stuff out there but the safety is always in question, especially with more complex devices. There are even sites that intentionally sell dangerous products to just harm other people’s fluffies for shits and giggles. I’ve looked into this new-ish company called ‘BoopCo’ as well. It has tons of hugbox stuff that reviews say actually work, but it’s very… strange. They also try to shove their creepy knock-off fluffies at you. They’re not capable of causing a global environmental disaster like the OG shits but their lifeless eyes are just… nope.

‘Smarty friend’ is a term I’ve never heard of before. Every time I hear about smarites it’s always about how to kill them or keep them away. This bears further investigation. I assume it might be something like a herd leader role for when an owner is absent? I must find out.

Carrot and stick is nothing new. Sorry box, sorry milkies and treats are gonna be a staple for this early stage of my new hobby/side hustle/whatever this is.

Welp, I am probably cursed now for watching that. Wouldn’t be the first time. Good thing none of the babies can see my phone because that probably would ruin their entire existence. Wimpy’s ears seem to perk up at his voice during the recording, mostly when he yells. It sounds familiar to me too. This might be the guy that threw her out the car window.

So the possessed man might be local. Great.

Good news is that I got a few ideas from the few non-abuse methods he had there. One that stood out was giving the demanded item (toys, food, etc) to other more quiet or polite fluffies instead, even if they did not ask for it themselves. This seems a bit risky as it would most likely lead to fights but the idea of combining reward for being quiet and punishment for being demanding in the same step is intriguing.

Easy enough to print out some friendly alicorn pictures from google to show now and again. Maybe I’ll start by occasionally putting them on the far wall, then keeping them there for longer. Eventually I’ll move it closer until they aren’t bothered by it? Might be worth a shot.

I have pegasi in my herd so MLP is a no-go for me. Plus alicorns in that show are like, goddesses and royalty so I don’t think that is a 100% good example.

Referring to them as pointy-wingie fluffies and doing some scolding is pretty easy to do.

Not sure how they will react to their close friends being surprise alicorns honestly. It could be a HUGE boost to the ‘just like us’ factor or it could be a horrible betrayal they will never recover from. Time will tell. Might be especially tricky because they live together but I’ll figure it out probably.

Brown kibble is kind of default so that’s good. Brownies are an excellent idea once they are old enough. Maybe chocolate milk? Can babies have that?

Poopie is such a cute and funny term for them I’m probably going to screw that part up myself.

Pictures aren’t necessary considering I have a live one to parade around.

More just punishing teasing and bullying. Standard stuff. Playdate stuff doesn’t really apply to this situation if they are always going to be here. Truffle being older and bigger will probably dull some of it.

If for some reason I DID want to spoil a certain already-spoiled baby, I can see it’s super easy. Actually, it’s so easy to spoil one I’m realizing how much more careful I have to be to NOT spoil them!

This gives me an idea of showing videos of alicorns playing with normal fluffies. That might be a good step to take, maybe after showing pictures for a bit.

Bestes babbeh gets the top of the fluffpile it seems.

Time for me to get some sleep myself. We’ll see what tomorrow brings. I’ll have to find out what this ‘smarty friend’ thing is and maybe get some new toys. Garage sale hunting would be fun to do I think.

[Interactive Portion: I what do I find while looking up “Smarty Friends”? What kind of garage sales do I find this week? What shenanigans do the babbehs get up to during their first week?

Also! If you want to have your OC, storyline, fluffy or whatever crossover with mine let me know and we can discord it out!]

Next: Saximaphone's Fluffy RP (Part 11)

7 Likes

Smarty Friends is the name of the new Napoleon and Hippolyta comic book. Not fluffy appropriate reading.

Chikahiro Multiverse ads seem to show up periodically offering reasonably priced but lower tech alternatives to BoopCo. Somewhere between nonjudgmental and amoral their products are presented very matter of factly, seemingly aware of the double edge their products offer.

2 Likes

Tubby is very jealous. How dare his daddy treat others better?? (read: equally) Maybe if he acts out and blames it on others, his daddy will love him and him only!
As Tubby is thinking hard, the feather toy, carefully wedged between heavy objects so Tubby can practice “fly-monster hunting”, gets loose and bonks him right on the head. Tubby starts sniffling, how DARE his toy give him hurties?!
Truffle sees this and despite Tubby’s fighting, she hugs him. The poopy fluffy! How- how dare…! How- but… it’s actually nice to be comforted… hmph, he’ll forgive her actions this time, this time only!!
(friendship: +5; not friends but Tubby seems to tolerate her more, not yelling at her every time when ‘poopy dirty enfie poopy’ Truffle gets near)

4 Likes