Shining Jade, Smiling Mother (Part 2.) [By Biorb_McBiorb]

Jade had spent the first few weeks of the babbehs lives foraging for nummies. One dark-time, Jade was feeding the babbehs under the dim moonlight that peered into the opening of her den.

As Jade plucked the Green Runt Pegasus from her teat, she noticed he opened his eyes! “M-mum-… Mummah? Peep?” As Jade stared down at the Runt she felt her heart skip a beat! she almost hugged it to death! He called Jade Mummah! Her! A Mummah!

from her two occupied teats the larger Grey Unicorn followed it’s brother’s lead! “M-mummah! W-wuv! Peep!” He said plopping off of Jade’s teat. Jade had never felt this happy before! She looked over her two talkie babbehs, and almost made sad-wawa!

From the other teat, the Lavender Alicorn suckled, but hummed as she drank. As Jades stared, hoping it too would talk, she notice the Alicorn’s eyes open slowly, and as soon as the Alicorn saw Jade, she too followed the lead of her siblings, popping off of the full teat she smiled. “Wuv! Wuv! M-Mummah!”

Jade had never felt happier… As she hugged her babbehs, she curled up for the night and sang them their lullaby.

"Wuwwaby an’ gud dawk time

go to sweepies wittwe babbehs

cwose youw see-pwaces

go to sweepies

an’ 'ou’ww dweam dah dawk time away!

cwose youw see-pwaces an’ go to sweepies

an’ 'ou’ww dweam dah dawk time away…"

As Jade finished her song, the foals had already drifted to sleep, Jade watched them for a bit before finally slipping into sleep herself.

Jade repeated the process more and more, also teaching the babbehs about specific words, teaching them what nummies are okay to eat, and what Fluffies are friends, and Fluffies which are not.

Soon the Babbehs weaned off of milk, Jade knew this was the time to give them names.

“Otay babbehs! Time fow speshuw supwise!” Jade said, gathering up her foals.

“Yay! Wub suwpwises!” The Green Pegasus said. Jade was most proud of her Green Babbeh, his ‘Bad Smell’ had finally gone away a few bright and dark times ago, so now he was just a little smaller than his siblings, he was still a runt, but now he was growing up!

“Mummah! Mummah wha’ am suw-suwp-wise?” Asked your Grey Unicorn babbeh. Grey Babbeh’s Hot Pink mane had grown extra long, and was causing some slight running trouble, but after a few trial and errors, Jade had figured out manes were softer than normal hair, so all she had to do was bite down on Grey’s mane, and slowly grind her teeth together while the hair simply just tore away.

“Wuv-wuv-wuv suwpwises! … Wha’ am suwpwise?” Jade’s Alicorn Babbehs asked. Jade was so glad her babbehs had turned out okay, she was so worried that she was going to be a bad mummah!

“Weww babbehs, since 'ou am aww tawkie babbehs, ou nao get nyu namesies!” Jade announced!

The three foals freaked out! Grey and Green were hugging and jumping while Jade’s Alicorn foal just ran around in circles!

“Otay, otay babbehs, cawm down…” Jade waited. The foals finally calming themselves sat down and waited to receive their names.

“Wets stawt wiff gwey babbeh! Come hewe gwey babbeh!” Jade asked. Grey got up and hopped over to his mother. “Otay! nao… Wets see… Hmm… Ah! Gwey Babbeh am nao… Stone!” Jade announced, Stone sat there for a few seconds before crying and cheering and running around like an idiot.

“W-wuv! W-w-w-wuv! W-wuv nyu namesies!” Stone said finally stopping in between his Siblings.

“Hee-hee! Otay, nao… Pointie-wingie Babbeh!” As the Alicorn heard Jade say it was next, she looked over to her brother, seeing that he was a bit disappointed that he had to go last. “Mummah? Can Gween Bwuddah gu next? Pointie-Wingie Sissy can wait!”

Jade was so proud of her babbeh! “Pointie-wingie sissy am gud sissy! Say tank 'ou Gween Babbeh!” Jade watched as her Green Babbeh ran over and hugged his sister, the two hugged for a moment longer. Then, finally, Green Babbeh stepped away and over to Jade.

“Otay Gween Babbeh! 'Ou namesies shouwd be… Moss! Moss am vewy soft ting! Just wike Gween Babbeh!” Jade announced. Moss nearly made bad poopies after receiving his new name. But being calm he made his way back with his Brother, Stone, and waited while their sissy got her new name.

“Otay Pointie-Wingie Babbeh, 'ou am gud sissy fow wettin Moss get nyu namesies fiwst, Mummah Jade su pwoud!” Jade said, giving her last unnamed foal a big hug.

“Wuv Mummah! An’ wuv Bwuddahs tuu! Hehe!” The Foal said. Jade set the Alicorn down and began the naming process.

“Pointie-Wingie babbeh am gud Sissy, weminds Mummah Jade of her owd sissy… Tink Wast Babbeh shouwd habe owd sissy’s namesies…” Jade said, now a bit more melancholy in tone.

“Mummah hab sissy? Whew Mummah Jade’s sissy at?” The Foal asked. Stone and Moss also looked curious, but for Jade to tell them the real truth about their auntie… It would break her heart all over again.

“She-… Mummah Jade’s Sissy am in gud pwace, nu wowwy… Mummah’s Sissy had the namesies, Misty… Babbeh am nao Misty!” Jade announced thru chocked back tears.

“Misty wuv nyu namesies Mummah! Wuv Mummah!” Misty said, rushing Jade with a hug. As Misty hugged her mother, she felt a few tears come from Jade’s muzzle. Stone and Moss noticed the tears to, and rushed to give their mother a group hug.

“Wuv Mummah Jade! Wuv! Nu be make sad-wawa!” The three said in unison. Jade looekd down in joyful tears as her three babbehs hugged her tight.

“Mummah wuv Babbehs su muchies! Wuv Stone! Wuv Moss! And Wuv Misty tuu!” Jade said, returning the hug in earnest.

As the four Fluffies sat in their loving home, thru the combined happy tears and the happiest cheers, they heard it.

“Hello? Anyone there?” A voice called out. The three foals became hushes. They were trained, and knew what to do when they heard this kind of voice. “I’m not going to hurt you… I’m just looking for a Fluffy, she had a Silver Coat? a Tan mane? A tan tail? … Hello?” The Feminine Voice said.

Jade thought back to the day she met her babbehs… If this hoomin was looking for that mare… Then she may want her babbehs too…

Jade hushed her foals, reassuring them that everything was going to be okay. Jade instructed them foals to wait by the far wall of the nest, just in case, and to not to make any noise.

As Jade made her way up the exit of the den, she saw the hoomin, she stood there, surprised to see Jade. “Oh! Hi there! I’m looking for a Silver coated fluffy, have you seen her?” Jade looked back to her nest, then back to the lady.

“Jade seen Fwuffy ‘ou wookin fow, buh dat was a few bwight and dawk times ago… Can teww mowe, buh nee’ tu gu faw away fwom nestie. Otay?” Jade said, she NEEDED to protect her babbehs, that meanie mare just left them! They weren’t hers anymore! That Mare LEFT them to go forever sleepies!

“Um… Sure?” the woman replied. As Jade led the lady further away from the den, she felt more and more calm. Finally she took the Lady further into the forest. “Obah dewe… Dat was wast pwace Jade seen Siwvah Mawe…” Jade said.

“Did you get a chance to talk to her? About where her babbehs went?” The lady asked. Jade felt her a lump form into her throat. ‘How did she know about the Babbehs?!’ Jade thought to herself. Jade thought before answering… Jade was a Fluffy, she couldn’t outsmart a hoomin… Maybe it would be better to come clean…

“Nu… Jade nu tawk tu Mawe… Buh… Buh Jade du know wha’ happen tu babbehs…” Jade informed the woman in a somber tone. “Really?! What happened to them?! Are they okay?” Jade saw the woman almost jump out of her not-fluff. Jade was so confused… Did… Did this hoomin want the Mare’s Babbehs? Or did she want to hurt them?

“Jade teww wady wha’ happen tu babbehs, buh wha’ wady wan’ wiff babbehs?” Jade asked.

“Oh! Of course! i haven’t introduced myself! My name is Palmer, and That Silver Mare was my Fluffy, she ran away when i told her no babies, that i couldn’t take care of them. When she ran away i was devastated. She was apart of my Mom’s Fluffy’s brood. I don’t-… That Fluffy was the last thing i had of her.” Palmer said. Jade noticed a small tear form in her eye.

This… This has to be a good hoomin right?

“Jade see Mawe hab babbehs… Buh den mawe weabe babbehs aww awone… Jade-… Jade took babbehs an took cawe of dem.” Jade informed Palmer.

Palmer looked at Jade in disbelief. “You… You took them?” Palmer said, her tone turning a bit angry. “Nu, Jade nu take dem fwom Mawe… Mawe weabe dem tu gu fowebah sweepies obah… Hewe.” Jade explained, showing her the spot she found the babbehs. “Jade see Mawe wun dat way and yeww sumtin abou’ bad babbehs. When Mawe am gone, Jade gu obah tu see thwee widdwe babbehs… Jade take babbehs home, cwean dem, gibe dem miwkies…”

Jade stopped her explanation as she noticed Palmer standing up, towering over Jade. “Where are they.” Palmer said, in a much more serious tone. Jade stared back at Palmer, puffed her cheeks, and stood her ground.

“NU! Pawmah wan take gud babbehs 'way fwom Mummah Jade! Stone, Moss, Misty! Dey am Jade’s Babbehs! Nu am Dummie mawe’s!” Jade could almost see Palmer’s face go beet red.

Jade expected the worst. Jade hoped… Jade… Jade needed HER babbehs to be safe…

Jade hoped today was a good day to stand up to a hoomin.

16 Likes

Oh no! Please no not like this! :fearful:

Let this misunderstanding cleared out.

3 Likes