Siwwy Poopie Babbeh! FULL COLOR UPDATE ! [ by Milky ]

I love chirpies :pleading_face:

230d7552b885d5713f8f9405e7c5b5f0a98a2052

93 Likes

“Mummuh wuv babbehs!*”

*Some restrictions apply.

32 Likes

Not all colors correspond to shading?

ie - is she refering to the one complaining in the center ; or scolding the one on the left for going out of order?

7 Likes

The one crying in the middle is the Poopie babbeh. Haha I just got lazy with shading. I’ll probably eventually color it.

4 Likes

Probably just a lighter brown compared to the black pegasus. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably! Honestly I had to shade that Pegasus in because I had to redraw it a bunch and wanted to hide the erase marks haha

2 Likes

I chuckled picturing a mostly black fluffy but it’s obvious that there are color lines / body blockings in the various shading and when it faces you the face has been smudge erased and redrawn in the classic Jellen style. xD

~eldritch runes~ “Why do you doubt my perfection, father?”

2 Likes

Silly fluffy, mummah don’t need no leggies.

3 Likes

I think what I really enjoy about this is the tone. “Plight of the poopy baby” stuff is usually fertile territory for sad stuff, but the mother being so upbeat about it instead of being mean makes it quite creepy. Like him being slowly starved to death is a totally normal thing that he shouldn’t be upset about.

7 Likes

That’s kind of what I was going for! The Poopie babbeh usually gets last feed which is not much given they had so many siblings and they’re feral so mummah don’t always have nummies for miwkies.

6 Likes

The mundane slice-of-life-ness of it all, coupled with how the mummah isn’t malevolent, just naive, makes this sadbox hit me right in the feels :worried:

3 Likes

Only because you love one thing more than the other doesn’t mean you don’t love the lesser thing too.

For example, I love pizza and I love hamburgers. Have me choose and I’ll say I love pizza more. That does not mean I don’t love hamburgers as well.

“Unconditional love” sounds like a fairy tale invented by parents of several children who want to hide who’s their favorite. Yes, there always is a favorite and no that does not mean they don’t love the non-favorites at all.

6 Likes

Yeah, but it’s not like a “wait your turn” thing. He clearly isn’t being fed enough to survive.

It’s basically slow, torturous murder.

2 Likes

Ahhh the perfect place for sadboxes to hit

3 Likes

“bestest babbehs gets miwkies fiwst” seems to imply that it will eventually get its turn though.

I would have to agree that in some stories poopie babbehs literally have to survive on poop alone. But then again since fluffies’ digestion systems are so badly developed I have also seen in a head canon (and I thought it made some sense) that fluffy poop is way more nutritious than any other animal’s poop, so a poopie surviving on that might be disgusting but still plausible. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The big problem in my opinion is not the strict enforcement of a hierarchy (you see that in animals too) rather that fluffies are dumb as fuck and the mare might not always get enough nummies to feed everyone. So by the time it is the poopie’s turn she might have run out of milk.

2 Likes

Based on how visible his ribs are, I’m guessing she’s usually tapped out by the time he is allowed to drink.

3 Likes

Thing is the foals death will be due to stupidity/inability to plan ahead rather than any malice on the mare’s part. She could completely love the poopie babbeh and be utterly surprised and crushed once it dies. To her, it’s just the order if things: pretty babbehs eat first. Probably never crossed her mind that multiple "sowwy babbeh, nu mowe milkies. Wait fow next time"s would eventually add up to a dead foal

6 Likes

She may not consider it malicious to starve him, but that’s only because she truly believes he is lesser than the others.

3 Likes

Probably yeah lol. That’s most likely also the reason why the artist did not shade the poopie - to make the ribs more visible.

I find it more concerning that the poopie still hasn’t learnt its place though. The mummah just calling it “siwwy” and being all happily gay about it is some luxury that aforementioned animals would not afford to the last ranked member of their herd/pack/whatever. I guess, it’s more the hunger talking than a lack of social cohesion or as fluffies would put it “am onwy wittwe babbeh”.

4 Likes

Dude that is so sinister that the mummah isn’t even maliciously neglecting her child
Damn.

4 Likes