Stuffy Fluffy - Story by Hornlarry - Art by Carpdime (FB id: 41899)

124 Likes

I remember this one. Bestest neglect is great. And Carpdime’s art style works amazingly in a story where a foal is reduced to a toy.

22 Likes

damn i actually feel bad for the bestest :frowning: i kinda want to dumpster dive and give him a hug DX lol

12 Likes

Booperino, the racoon ceo of redemption. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

i cant help it, the feeling of isolation and screaming but no one listening hits me right on the feels XD im like one inch away from asking permission to draw a sequel XD

12 Likes

Interesting experiment and a happy ending. <3

3 Likes

You do you boop.

You’re just ahead on dumpster diving experience for when the inevitable competition of the economic collapse hits. o.~

7 Likes

that was indeeed a clever idea! I wonder how things would work if the pink fluffy managed to grown more, accept he was a toy and then be introduced to regular fluffies as a toy.

6 Likes

Man, there’s something about fluffy neglect that’s kinda spicier than even physical abuse, y’know? Great stuff.

7 Likes

Being reduced to an object? Being refused the very point of their existence - huggies and wub? The complete denial of their value whatsoever?

7 Likes

I seem to recall there was an experiment along these lines, sort of. Like, middle ages or something. “What is a baby’s native tongue?” So the babies never got attention or talked to so the people doing it could see if they’d speak German, English, French, whtaever. They were taken care of otherwise. The babies died.

Supposedly.

4 Likes

It also reminds me of Harry Harlow’s experiments with monkeys. The one that struck out to me was where he took baby monkeys and put them in a cage with what are basically two mother “dolls”, one which is entirely bare wire and scary looking but with a milk dispenser attached, and one that is soft, made out of cloth.

The monkeys would always spend most of their time hugging the soft cloth mother, then when they got hungry quickly run over to the wire mother, drink their fill and run straight back. Horribly unethical stuff, but interesting nonetheless

4 Likes

You mean fluffies aren’t objects? Then why are they labeled as toys or soap?!

2 Likes

Every country in the world has a similar story like that. “The child just dies” was never the end, though, afaik. Here’s the oldest straight outta Wikipedia:

Throughout history, several rulers have claimed to have carried out this kind of experiment:

An early record of a study of this kind can be found in Herodotus’s Histories. According to Herodotus (ca. 485 – 425 BE), the Egyptian pharaoh Psamtik I (664 – 610 BE, i.e. 200 years before Herodotus) carried out such a study, and concluded the Phrygian race must antedate the Egyptians since the child had first spoken something similar to the Phrygian word bekos, meaning “bread”.

3 Likes

Implying a fluffy has value

2 Likes

Poor little pinky.

Well, stompies will end its suffering.

1 Like

I remember reading this story, one of the first that truly got me into this fandom and beyond gratuitous violence.

2 Likes

Gosh this kinda stuff hurts. Even on my worst day I couldn’t imagine making a fluffy suffer so much when all it did was ne a little bratty as a baby.

3 Likes

This is absolutely insidious and sociopathic.

It’s fantastic

3 Likes

Honestly, I half wonder how many psychological experiments that would be inethical/illegal to perform on humans would be immediately be redesigned and tried on fluffies? I think @anon68543914 has alluded to a number already.

As such: insidious and sociopathic could be replaced by something arguably far worse for the fluffs: forward thinking and demonstrably useful.

2 Likes