Subverted Expectations, Chapter 13, Part 1 (by jimmyhopkins)

You wake up from your nap feeling refreshed, but your relaxed state is quickly destroyed by an irritating sound. “H-huu huu huu. Fiwebaww wan wun an pway, wan huggies an wub… huu huu…” Fireball. You have to take care of Fireball. You stand up, letting your feet land near him. “H-huu huu, daddeh, pwease hewp Fiwebaww, nu wan heawt huwties nu mowe, onwy wan huggies an’ wub, an wan pway again.” You grab him by the scruff, roughly. You walk outside, and go to the nearby “Trash drop off area” in your neck of the suburbs.

“How many times do I have to tell you, Fireball? Your legs are gone. You aren’t playing ever again. You aren’t running ever again. You continue to call be dad despite knowing on some level that I am the one responsible for every bad thing that’s happened in your life? Maybe I’m giving you too much credit. Maybe you aren’t smart enough to remember that I’M the one who got you to get your legs taken. Maybe you don’t remember all the massaging I do against your stumps, as a constant reminder that you will never run or play again? Maybe you don’t remember me stating multiple times that I DO NOT LOVE YOU.”

Fireball looks like he’s about to die of heartbreak. “Fiwebaww j-jus wan daddeh tu wub Fiwebaww!” You just smile at him. You arrive at the refuse drop off, and decide to set Fireball down between an old sofa and a busted up dresser. “Fireball, I don’t know what more I have to do to prove that I don’t love you. Maybe leaving you here forever would be proof enough.” Fireball shakes his head back and forth.

“N-NU! Nu weabe Fiwebaww! Fiwebaww wiww be gud fwuffy! Nebah hab saddies, o ask fo anyting!” You shake your head. “The breeder I got you from said you were the single most well behaved fluffy he had ever met. You always followed my rules, and were an incredibly good pet.” Fireball is crying now. “You didn’t do anything to deserve anything that happened to you. I just did it because I could. I did it because I’m better than you. I did it because one less fluffy on this god forsaken planet means another step closer to paradise.”

“W-w-why daddeh h-h-hate Fiwebaww?” You laugh. “You still don’t get it! I don’t hate you for anything you did! I hate you for existing! Your kind embodies everything I have ever wanted! All I wanted was someone to hug me, to tell me that I’m loved! All I wanted was to be happy!” Every time you talk about why you do what you do, you contradict yourself! You can’t even lie to yourself right!

“D-daddeh, Fiwebaww wan hewp wif saddies. Fiwebaww nu can hug, bu’ daddeh can hug Fiwebaww.” You jab your finger into his chest. “You don’t actually think that, you were programmed to think that!” How is that any different from you being ‘programmed’ to think certain things? Are you even in control? "All your kind do is try and get food from humans, and be taken in! Your species is completely self serving! A literal parasite on humanity! Self serving could certainly describe you as well! Always blaming everything else around you for your own disappointment and failure!

“Your kind are so quick to screw each other over for their own benefit!” Have you actually seen this happen, or is it just something you say to yourself to make you feel like what you’re doing is justified? “NO! STOP TALKING! I KNOW THAT I’M RIGHT! I KNOW THAT WHAT I’M DOING IS THE RIGHT THING! HOW COULD I BE WRONG?!”

You open your eyes, and Fireball just stares back at you, terrified. “D-daddeh hab head-sickies…” You pause. “W-what did you say, Fireball?” Fireball looks back at you, tears streaming down his fluff. “D-daddeh hab head-sickies, nee see doctah tu make bettah.” You just stare back at him. “Goodbye, Fireball.”

33 Likes

This one was difficult to do, so if this part sucks, dont worry i agree.

6 Likes

damn, abuse daddeh is pretty thick headed!
It’s short but ya still got my seal of approval, nice work!

5 Likes

This might not br canon, because im not sure i like how quickly he went insane

2 Likes

Ok. Now the dad is just pissing me off at this point

2 Likes

thats the goal

3 Likes

If the abuse daddeh seems like he doesn’t have a clear, stable reason for doing what he does, thats intentional

3 Likes

When I get a bit annoyed at him, I like to imagine this guy as a youtube comments misanthrope on a Steve Cutts video, or an overgrown elfen lied fan with an unimaginable persecution complex. Then his attitude makes more sense.

3 Likes

In Life of an ex smarty my guy went insane in 2 parts so I really don’t think its too short. Great work as always!

3 Likes

This is just masterfully written. The abusers downward spiral into questioning his own motives is easily one of the best characters arcs I can remember.

3 Likes

That was unintentional, this entire chapter was an inside look at my thought process on what i wanted his motive to be and me getting confused at all the self contradiction i was accidentally creating. It ended up being good in the end, but it was still a hastle and a half

3 Likes

Sucks? seems like a pretty good representation of a steep slide into madness. I’m not sure what to make of your intentions but if you intend to move your writing to other venues let me know.

3 Likes

What did you do to my story, Virgil

2 Likes

@Virgil did something?

Wasn’t just yours. I took 1.5 hours and eliminated a lot of redundant tags.
In this case the tags :
pillow
pillowed
pillowing
pillow-fluff
pillow-fluffs
and deleggification
were consolidated into one tag:
pillowfluff

There are a whole lot of others that need to be done, but it’s an entirely manual process, for now.

2 Likes

Nice
Btw, did you know that there is a #wierdbox tag?
I think changing 23 posts to #weirdbox won’t take much time

Well I ought to know, I made that tag.
It’ll be much easier to make that change when I have a PC to work with, rather than my tablet. If you want to message me with the links to the ones that need the tag, it would make the process far easier.

1 Like

It’s not urgent, but ok

1 Like

Wow I did not see that ending. Dude it is stories like this that got me into fluffies.

1 Like

Youre going to love the finale for this putrid cunt, youre gonna love it

3 Likes