The Attic Wonderland (Toys in The Attic Entry) by Eck

It was too early in the morning to be awake, especially on a Saturday. Tyler leaned against his kitchen counter sipping on a cup of coffee and scrolling through his phone, he was tired and feeling all the regret a 20 something could feel at 7:00. Tyler took a few sips of his coffee basking in its warmth and flavor, enjoying the few moments of silence he had left before he needed to start cleaning. It was Spring and with that came spring cleaning. Tyler took his parents house over the winter and hasn’t had time to fully clean in the attic and basement but now that the weathers nicer now the best time.

Tyler decided it was time to start sooner rather than later, with one last gulp of his coffee he was off to the attic door. Tyler was thankful at least for the attic not having a collapsing ladder as he ascended the staircase into a nostalgia museum of his past. He started looking through boxes trying his best to not get distracted and be a kid again even for a few minutes. There were toys and items from his childhood everywhere, from old yearbooks to report cards his parents had kept it all through the years if it wasn’t so surprisingly organized Tyler would of thought his parents were hoarders.

It had been about two hours since he started cleaning he had everything in a few piles one for donation, one for keeps, and the trash pile. Tyler was just about to finish with it all when he heard the familiar high pitched voice from the staircase.

“Hewwo? Daddeh it am dawk and scawy wha am doin?”

Fuck. Tyler thought to himself he forgot to close the attic door and now Perry, a gift from his parents so he’d have some company in the new house, was there in the door way staring down the dark attic at Tyler. To Perry’s credit Tyler did forget to flip all the lights on, as he was mainly using his phone light and the natural light from outside to work with.

“Nothing Perry I’m just cleaning out the attic, now get out of here before you get hurt. I have one more box of toys left then I’ll come down.”

“Toysies? Daddeh hab toysies fow Pewwy!? YAY YAY WUB DADDEH WUB TOYSIES DANK YU DADDEH!”

Fuck again. Tyler didn’t want him up here in the way but he also knows he can’t get a fluffy out the mindset of something with out beating to near death, he had to find a solution and thankfully one came to mind.

“Perry I can’t have you up here or you’ll get hurt so head to your safe room and wait for me to finish. When I’m done I’ll bring you back here so you can play with all the toys here.”

“Weawy daddeh! Yay! Pewwy am su happeh!”

Perry carefully hops down the stairs and runs through the doggy door of his safe room giggling with glee along the way. Tyler let’s out a deep sigh before continuing his goal now deciding what to do with all the toys he had planned on getting rid of.

Tyler hauled the last bag of garbage out to his dumpster. After mulling it over for another hour or so while cleaning he finally figured out what to do for Perry. Thankfully it doesn’t take much to impress a fluffy so it was a quick and easy affair.

“Perry! The waits over let’s go up and see what there is to play with!” Tyler shouted out to the fluffy. Perry squeezed himself through his doggy door out into the hall “galloping” to Tyler his hooves making soft little ‘thumps’ as he went. Tyler carried Perry up into the attic, Perry was vibrating with excitement every nerve in is body ready to fire off at once into all the new toys to play with.

“Close your eyes Perry I want this to be a perfect surprise.”

“Otay daddeh!” Perry cried out and clamped his eyes shut. Tyler opened the door and placed the fluffy down on the ground.

“Okay open your eyes Perry!”

Perry opened his eyes and gasped in awe. In the center of the floor there was a city map play rug with a few Hot Wheels and Tonka trucks spread across it. In the left side of the attic was a space filled with building blocks, big infant safe legos and a normal legos though they were out of reach of Perry for safety. In the right side there were puzzles, action figures and there responding sets, and some old teddy bears. In the back wall of the attic was a, to a fluffy, giant castle made out of cardboard boxes and some old blankets and sheets, it was big enough for Tyler to crawl into and had multiple little ramps for Perry to run up and down different levels. The boxes had holes cut out so there would be light as to not scare Perry either.

It was perfect the floor was covered up with blankets and old worn out throw pillows, it was probably the best fluffy play room in 5 mile radius and to top it all off it was free. Tyler couldn’t of been more impressed with himself the only one who could match his excitement was the ecstatic burst of fluff that ran straight for the bears jumping into them and hugging them he was speechless which is saying a lot for a fluffy. Tyler laughed as he sat down on a pillow to watch Perry zip back and forth between toys and areas. It was like a little fluffy heaven in his attic and seeing Perry run and squeal in delight put a huge smile on Tyler’s face, he never expected to love this fluffy so much but watching this changed that very quickly.

Perry played for what felt like hours only taking breaks to go downstairs and use the litter box or eat and drink. Tyler thought of making this his safe room but with the risk of him still getting hurt or lost in the rest of the attic he decided against it. Next time though he’ll put a bowl and litter box up for him to have when needed.

The day was starting to wind down as Perry and Tyler sat in the cardboard fort, a few Christmas lights dangling inside to add atmosphere, they were relaxing while Perry slowly wound down after exploring his amazing castle he named “Pewwy wand”. Tyler was worried he’d start to develop late smarty syndrome but that was squashed when he saw Perry finally fall asleep by his head. Before he passed out he whispered to himself “Pewwy hab bestest daddeh eba.” Tyler just smiled and gave him a small pat on the head, after he had fallen asleep he carried Perry down to his safe room and put him to bed.

This was super super late and probably too late but oh well it was still a really fun story to write and get the old creative bone juice to flow a little hopefully this year I’ll be able to make and post more stories I might even dust off Fluffy Pharmacopeia and give that the conclusion it needs. Thanks all happy belated Easter’s and other holidays of past Sunday

13 Likes

Not sure if typo, my brain doesn’t know the word or is mistranslating.

1 Like

Fucking autocorrect mobile once again proves itself to be a bane to my existence. Thank you I’ll make sure to fix it

You may be late, but this should get honor mention, one of the few hugbox fluffy vs toys posts

1 Like