The Viking Ironfluff Wolfsgard (By: Me, RareWhiteWolf25)

It was a brisk autumn day in the city of Savannah, Georgia, a city Varin Ragnarsson had just moved to, being accustomed to the cold weather seeing as he was from Askersund, Sweden. Having just moved to the US and became a citizen 6 months ago he was still getting adjusted and while he was fluent he still had his thick Swedish accent. One day while attending his university classes he encountered a group of guys he had met before, a group of your stereotypical Jock bullies all three of which constantly bullied him for the long thick black beard he wore and the Viking like haircut he had basically a side-sweeping hair-style with one side of his head shaved with the Ragnarsson family crest tattooed on the side of his head. The three constantly bullied him and made him feel lonely by belittling him for his appearance as well as anyone who would talk to him.

One day Varin decided since humans were cruel and evil for judging him he decided to adopt a pet though there was one issue, he was allergic to cats and he had a traumatic past with dogs seeing as his childhood neighbor had sicked his dog on him when he was a child. While reading about different pets online he scrolled across and ad for these pony like creatures called Fluffies and decided to give them a try seeing as he loved horses in Sweden but couldn’t own one in the city he lived in. So he grabbed his keys and got into his car driving to a local Fluffy pet store and walked in when he heard a voice greeting him, a voice that was beautiful and soothing to him before turning and seeing a cashier whose name was Kenzie, a thin yet gorgeous woman with long black hair, dark makeup and brown eyes. “How can I help you sir?” She asked him before he responded with “Yes I was looking to adopt one of these…Fluffies is what you call them correct?”. “Yes sir, they are called Fluffies have you never heard of them?” she replied. “Not really see I moved here from Sweden 6 months ago and we didn’t have them there because of the brutal cold and even more brutal wildlife”. “Ah okay well sir allow me to help” she responded sweetly".

She proceeded to give him a tour of the store helping him get everything he needed before taking him to the pens containing the foals where they saw a black Alicorn being bullied for not only his color but for being a “pointy wingie munstah” before they noticed Varin and Kenzie standing there and all the foals immediately shifter their attention letting out peeps of “Hewwo nicie wadie Kenzie, and mistuh be nyu daddeh?”, Kenzie proceeded to turn to him asking which one he wanted and he chose the black Alicorn before hearing it respond “Buh buh am pointie wingie poopie munstah, why want me?”. “Because you are like me, outcast by those around us little one” he responds lifting the little foal up. After helping him get checked out and loaded up she asked for the name he was giving the fluffy for the adoption forms to which he responded “I will name him after the animal on my family’s crest as well as the traditional Viking way of naming our children, he shall be Wolfsgard.” Kenzie fills out the forms and has him sign them and hands him his receipt before helping him get everything loaded up and leaving her number on the receipt as well.

As he pulled away from the shop Wolfsgard panicked scared of the “Metaw Munstah” before Varin assured him everything would be fine and he was safe stroking his dark blue mane and black fur with one hand. As they pulled into his home’s driveway he unloaded Wolfsgard and everything he needed for the saferoom that he would set up in his guest room and make sure it was safe for his new and for now only friend Wolfsson. He got to work setting up the Saferoom for Wolfsson letting him roam the house for the time being and explore. after finishing setting up the saferoom and making sure it was secure and safe for his friend and pet he decided to take Wolfsson into the saferoom and spend some time playing with the little guy the entire time Varin sat there rolling a small ball that he had bought as Wolfsson ran after it yelling “Come back baww Wowfsgawd catch yu fow nyu daddeh.” Every time he would catch up to it he rolls the ball as big as he is with the best of his ability back to Varin showing he had a great deal of determination and possibly strength. Before long evening had fallen and Varin fixed Wolfsson some Skettie flavored kibble and a bowl of warm milk to help him sleep as night approached making sure Wolfsson knew to only use the bathroom in the litter box to which Wolfsgard replied “Yus Daddeh, Wowfsson be good babbeh and ownwy make gud poopies and peepeees in da wittwe bawks.” Before long They both decided it was time for bed and wished one another a good night and telling one another “I love you Wolfsson” to which the little Alicorn replied “Wowfsson wuv yu tu Daddeh.” They both went to bed and as Varin laid there he thought of making Wolfsgard something that he had grown up seeing in Sweden from those who still honored the Vikings, a Viking style cloak before dozing off into a deep sleep.

5 Likes

Hope you all enjoy the story that may become a multi part story, just trying to get back in the habit of writing and thought contributing some stories here might help

1 Like

Dog holy shit, Warrior Fluffies are alwasy super cool to me, Cant wait to read more about Wolfsguard!

Askersund, that’s not too far away from me.

One note: Just wondering why you kept changing between Wolfsgard and Wolfsson? Which is it?

Well originally it was Wolfsson but changed it to Wolfsgard because of the naming system used by vikings where the child is given the fathers name followed by sson or sdottir so I decided Wolfsgard was the better way to go

1 Like