Unpopular Opinions

literpals are a great idea…for abuse.

Otherwise yes, terrible idea.

6 Likes

I mean, keeping them in a confined space under bad conditions makes sense, but I think that removing either legs or eyes would be too much trouble for companies to do. Like, in real life, there’s no equivalent to removing legs or eyes either.

But yes, litterpals are basically the ultimate form of abuse, actually forcing them to live serving no purpose but eat poo.

3 Likes

For me, the trope where humans prefer “pure” white fluffies over brown ones (Which they tend to hate with a passion) is… A bit yikes. I can definitely see something in that trope that isn’t the best. Kind of my least favorite trope.

And personally, I think “justified” abuse is the best abuse.

6 Likes

Hmm, the trope of fluffies not liking brown fluffies always reminded me more of how humans make fun of gingers. (fluff colour=hair colour) I think it doesn’t really make sense to compare “poopie fluffies” to black/brown people since it’s not really about race/breed of the fluffies because colourful fluffies can have brown babies, so they’re not different races. But I get what you mean.

7 Likes

The only times I’ve seen litterpals make actual sense (outside of abuse for its own sake), are in headcannons where fluffies are barely able to take a shit without getting it all over their backside.

In which case, the litterpal’s primary function is actually to give “licky cleanies” so that the fluffy you actually care about doesn’t smear faeces all over your couch.

Or, I guess, in cases where the litterpal is perma-corked and replaced daily.

3 Likes

looks at my fighter fluffies oh no

The idea that its Hasbio trying to program in the aversion make it logical.

Possibly because the duller colors work as natural camouflage so ensuring eyebleed pastels butcher them to counteract natural selection which keeps the population of ones that are smart and physically adept enough to survive in the wild down.

Possibly because Hasbio intended to develop them to the point Fluffies could just be left to their own devices in pens that use robotic devices to provide food, with ones for sale simply being taken from pens. This way all Fluffies sold would be sterilized, the fertile ones only existing on Hasbio breeding facilities. That way the Fluffies would auto-correct the genepool for maximum profit, and that the company aborted plans for it when fertile prototype ones got loose since now ones that die from a two-inch drop and cannot hold their bowels are busy popping out designer colors in parks and backyards across the world.

Either way works as a sad state of the universe you set writing/comics in due to laziness, late stage capitalism, and incompetence; either because they destroy their own evolutionary path to a greater animal, or because they’re the Grey Goo scenario if the nanites were merely a pest due to poor performance and produced enough gold to destroy the gold-based economy. Either way, the Fluffy represents tragically squandered potential. Humanity having the ability to engineer a perfect organism like gods, and making another kind of rat for a quick buck instead.

2 Likes

i always thought that poopie colors where hated by fluffies cause it reminds them of well bodily fluids

2 Likes

i’ve never really cared for the idea that fluffies of either sex are so sexually active that they’d require ‘enfie pals’. they can get baby-crazy if they become aware of it, such as being exposed to it via FluffTV as is the common headcanon, but they should be perfectly content without them.

4 Likes

I thought they also go baby crazy when they here the word baby or see babies

For my unpopular opinion, humans suffering because of Fluffies is better than Fluffies suffering because of humans.

A person may beat a feral pregnant mare to death for a quick laugh as a kid. But they’ll be cutting their own toddler children with a knife for crying, having only a few days a year that doesn’t smell like putrid decay from ever-present shit/piss/rotting animals, dealing with Fluffy Control being able to invade their private property with fire and toxic chemicals any time they want to purge whatever they say looked like a feral Fluffy and having no repercussions, a bioengineering company that clearly can do whatever it wants and is almost certainly pulling Umbrella Corporation shit, getting sick frequently from hordes of insects spreading contagions, and eventually dealing with Fluffies that get naturally selected to the point of being able to carry off a baby or tear out the throats of the homeless to feed their herd. To say nothing of the massive resources poured into breeding and shipping them, which goes straight into landfills or incinerators.

The greatest justice story isn’t the death of a Smarty, its humanity shrugging or giggling while it destroys itself with late stage capitalism, sadism, and indifference.

I’d work in Hugboxers having tolerance to pathogens that would spread from Fluffies to humans due to the constant ungloved exposure.

Fluffy comics just kind of feel like they take place in a universe like Superjail or something.

3 Likes

dang

Doesn’t explain hating green, grey, or khaki.

Fluffies revile natural earthtones. As do shallow consumers and abusers, barring the abusers who want to torture a Fluffy they see as high quality like pastels and Alicorns.

Which is funny, because Poopie Fluffies are all the colors of real horses basically.

3 Likes

justified abuse is the laziest form of writing and it only serves to reinforce all the worst tropes of fluffy writing

4 Likes

i don’t know barf as dark green or maybe they just don’t like it, in my head Conan natural colored fluffies are more popular but I respect your opinion.

Alicorns should be as dumb as regular fluffies. Making a supa-smartie alicorn donut-steel is just boring. A lot of the time, alicorns are used as a voice of reason, channeling the author directly. They act perfectly in any situation and always know exactly what to say.

I also hate the ‘shit-brown runt who’s abused by its parents and is actually a super big sweetheart and perfect fluffy’. Boring.

4 Likes

I’m just citing what is shown in most works.
Any natural earthtone is rejected by human and Fluffy alike, spring pastels are prized.

In real life there is plenty of folks who love those colors. But Fluffy comics tend to paint those people as idiotic Hugboxers who adopt feral pastels, or redneck Abusers who kill all Fluffies and simply pile on even worse abuse to the unwanted colors.

1 Like

My unpopular opinion, I don’t count likes from people who like every post. I don’t know if you liked it because you enjoyed it or liked it to like it.
Comments mean more to me, especially constructive criticism.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I know the explanation. I don’t mind the trope of poopie fluffies being considered ugly. I just think it doesn’t make sense to compare it to race in humans.
However, I don’t like the idea that fluffies would actually kill their babies if they’re brown coloured because even with the programming that just makes them really cruel. But them just thinking they’re uglier than colourful ones, I don’t mind.

:boom: :lips: :boom: