Welcome to Battlefluffs [Roster is now Full! See you at Fight Night!]

In reaction to some rekindled vigor, I thought I would post about Battlefluffs, the brainchild of @Carniviousduck and @AMDk7. It ran last year and was a huge success with the community. Many have asked about it and want to see it return. So I’m asking for volunteers to create a new tournament.

What is Battlefluffs?

The concept is a simple one. Fluffies that are chosen to fight other fluffies in the ring to the (not so permanent) death. They can be as imaginative or as dumb as you’d like, from some mutated berserker fluffy to one that is strapped to a landmine.
Below are just a few examples.

Bockscar By Eded-Ted
Says it all right there.

Pepsi Power By Swiftbitches and AMDk7
A fluffy that grows more powerful by drinking Pepsi.

Mr.Hugs By Princess Purrpaws and myself.
A love starved, insane fluffy that is covered in spikes.

How does it work?

The rules are simple. Anyone can submit a Battlefluff concept, but what we need are artists willing to draw multiple fights in a tournament. Those that are willing to help will get picked first. Once we have a healthy roster, the fluffies will be paired off at random and then the fights will likewise be handed out at random. The artist then draws a depiction of the pair fighting, pre-fight, ect and creates a Poll on the post, allowing FC members to vote on the outcome. After three days, the Poll is closed and a winner is declared (in the rare event of a tie, the artist gets the last vote on who wins. Once a winner is declared, they move down the bracket and so on until there is a final victor.

What is needed?

To get things off of the ground, we need two things. Battlefluffs and artists willing to draw the matches. Anyone can submit a Battlefluff but whether they get selected or not depends on how many are made. As stated, volunteers will get picked first, followed by those who submit drawn Battlefluffs but don’t wish to participate further. Concepts and ideas are fun but without any art of the potential combatant, they simply will not be picked. To start, I’m thinking a simple tournament of 12-16, and we’ll see how easily that’s filled up to prepare for future ventures. Most importantly, this is a collaboration and is just for fun. Please, no one take it too seriously.

If you want to volunteer or have an entry for Battlefluffs, please let me know and either post art and details of said Battlefluff, or link it to this post so I can easily find it.

And as a great man once said.
Good fight. Good night.

Volunteers

Watcher
Eded-Ted
Mexi
Fwuffus
Marakasaya1
CoronaryHeatingProcedure
Bloody Boots
The Master Butcher

Battlefluffs

Septic Tank
Unlimited Power Mk II
Crapodile
One Hoofsie Fwuff
Tit-A-Ton 69000
Rotter
The Fornicator
Bubbles

Kevin (SqueakyFriend)
Spin to Win Pastry-Knight
Shitstorm (Reddit-Word_H83r)
The Bronze Bull (Swiftbitches)
BullDozer Carniviousduck
Wasabi Appletesseract
Dave Larur
Rosco FederalChemical1728

32 Likes

Don’t forget the house fluffies.
Pepsi power is a house fluffy ( and one of mine actually, I asked Swift to do the art)

House fluffies are there in case there are not enough entrants or if there is an odd number of artists.

2 Likes

I haven’t forgotten.
It depends on whether they are needed or not.
This may be an entirely new roster.
Or old combatants may crop up.
We’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

I’m in! What’s the deadline to get a Battlefluff in?

1 Like

We wil have to see then I suppose.

1 Like

I have a idea for a battle fluffy, batfluffy with spear strapped to its back

2 Likes

There’s no set deadline as of yet, but if we get a flood of combatants the brackets could get filled fast. Depends on interest.

2 Likes

I gotcha,guess I gotta get a fluffy ready then,haha.

1 Like

ME WANT ME WANT ME WANT

1 Like

Don’t forget

One of the reasons I think that the collab didn’t take off this year as of yet is that there is plenty of interest, but a lack of clarity.

If you are interested, then follow the above instructions.

2 Likes

Doing a sketch rn, I’m also willing to draw a battle too

2 Likes

Where do we submit our fluffy? In a post here, as a new image linked to here, tagging you specifically, any of the above?

2 Likes

The first two are my preference.
Either post it and whether you are volunteering or just submitting a battlefluff here.
Or link it here and let me know on the post itself.

I won’t be able to participate in this round but I am ready to get hyped about indentured fluffy carnage!!!

1 Like

I see! Well in that case, I’m submitting him right here.

My ultimate fighter, the one you already know…

battlefluffs competitor Kevin

I imagine his only strength is being decent at improvisation and arts&crafts, thus why he managed to make a sword so fast. Good luck out there, Kevin!

Artist-wise, I’d like to apply for a back-up spot? It sounds fun, I’m just not confident in how well I’d do. So having a lower-priority spot, where if a lot of people apply as artists I’m sidelined, feels a bit better.

15 Likes

That’s perfectly fine.
You don’t have to outright volunteer but I think you’d do just fine.
The most important thing and something I’ll edit into the above post is that this is for fun.

1 Like

I believe in Kevin!

5 Likes

I’m quite excited for this. I’d like to volunteer to draw some fights.
I want to submit a battlefluff as well but probably only tomorrow, it’s about 11pm here.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of your style.
Looking forward to when you can post your entry.

1 Like