Wooly; A Fluffy Sub-Species Idea (Watcher)

So, basically, fluffies as sheep, their “fluff” is extremely soft, dense, and slightly warm to the touch, their nature is usually docile and calm

They can be sheared, and it produced into yarn, however, both the yield and quality will be low, unless specifically bred to produce yarn

Pure breeds of the species are often mute, that mixed with their calming nature and warm softened coats, they make excellent pets for those with anxiety

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
lil update: drew some the other basic variance, with the one up there being just a basic earthie

Pegasus:

Shaggy “fluff” covers the wings and they have few feathers

Unicorn:

The horn is ever growing and curls back towards the skull, owners are advised to crop the horn every 2 years to prevent self lobotomy and/or death

11 Likes

Gotta be honest, that just… looks like a regular sheep to me.

It’s a very cute sheep and I’d hug it but it doesn’t feel like a fluffy, especially with it being mute. It needs some more fluffy-like bits to bring it out of “dwarf sheep” territory.

3 Likes

That could be part of the appeal from a writing perspective.

Being mute, coming in only white or black and thus avoiding color bias, and having higher durability means that to a human its just a sheep, raised like a sheep, kept by hobbyists as a bonsai wool producer.

Only in the internal monolog or being put alongside other Fluffies is its nature revealed.

You can even create some Abuse injustice. Fluffy killer keeps his Fluffy sheep, Fluffies and the Fluffsheep know the difference but the human who lures and tortures Ferals or kidnaps Domestics to appease their fiery hatred of Fluffies while the Fluffsheep simply look on and chew grass either doesn’t know or has the same perspective of it that HP Lovecraft did on Jews/his wife.

Stick a Fluffy on a stake like Vlad to slowly kill it under its own weight for shitting while a Fluffsheep shits constantly as it eats right beside it during the entire death.

Or maybe just knit their wool into cute outfits, in the Hugbox route.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s definitely potential, but if there’s a sub-species that looks and acts exactly like a different, real animal, then drawing abusive stuff with it veers way too close to real animal abuse and that would not end well. A fluffy sheep is a great idea, it just has to be a bit more fluffy-adjacent so people don’t mistake it for sheep torture.

2 Likes

Maybe build that into the injustice. A variant, replaving Earthies and Pegasi.

Some look like Fluffies and get abused. Some just look like sheep, and have actual legal protections under animal cruelty laws since its mostly just public perception rather than reality.

Mom and two of the babies get tormented while watching their more sheepy siblings nursed by sheep and loved among a flock and by the farmer who causes their misery between chores.

I don’t know how to make it more “fluffy-like” but I updated the post a bit with some more pictures that might make it better, it might be how I draw fluffies that could be making it too, sheepish

Yeah, I gotta agree with you on this. My woollies are basically just fluffies, but created with magic instead of science.

Wooly- when you grow tired of the pig-pony, upgrade to shep-pony, like the rest of us

:rofl: yup, I enjoy this idea