4chan Abuse Thread 9/23/2021

As a guy who use to regularly make fluffy threads last year, I have only one criticism to make - making the thread about fluffy abuse specifically locks out most of the other boxes. Most of the threads I made last year on /trash/ were “general” fluffy threads with no specific box focus. And I get that many people look to fluffies for abuse, but the fandom does not consist purely of abusers (especially as I consider myself part of the hugboxer group). I think pushing that image of “fluffies are only abuse” as well also contributes to the overly niche nature of the fandom, which has crippled development of the content, as well as archiving past content.

I don’t get it. Here’s a sadbox thread. Are abuse threads not allowed?

I’m talking about the thread on 4chan specifically. You titled it “fluffy abuse”.

Thats my criticism there. I would have named it “Fluffies”, “general fluffy thread” or something similar.

I just wanted abuse pics, that’s why. Yanno?

/>implying you can’t find abundant abuse on both the fluffycommunity site and the subreddit
/>implying the threads on 4chan aren’t mostly reposts of older content

I’d go for a more general thread but, sure.

I wasn’t implying any of that. Just wanted to see if anyone had anything to post I hadn’t seen before, and I posted a few of my own comics in case someone hadn’t seen them.
Just make your own thread about "whatever"box like that guy did with sadbox, this one is for abuse. I have no idea why I’m being harassed about this right now. Blow me.

They always have trouble posting the tri-force.

Probably the easiest way to solve this conundrum is to put “abuse” in the title. That way there’s no issues.

I did. In both this thread and the 4chan one. There is no conundrum.

1 Like

This isn’t harassment, this is merely criticism.

As somebody who used to be active on the 4chan fluffy threads, I’ll say this - you’re bound to not see anything new posted on the 4chan thread itself. A lot of content on the chans when its posted is usually reposts. Threads on 4chan are better for general discussion.

Just to be pedantic and point out what @A-S is saying - you put it on the 4chan thread but not the title of this thread of this site (or rather, the title of this topic), you only added the abuse tag.

The fluffy fandom is not big enough to support more than one thread on /trash/, especially where there can be traffic at times. We’re not like the mlp or other furry fandoms in that regard. Also, I’m talking about 4chan /trash/ board specifically here, and not the fluffycommunity site.

Why are you going around “criticizing” threads? And who are you? A 4chan traffic cop keeping track of posts? What difference does it make whether a 4chan thread gets 3 posts or 400 posts? I still don’t even know what you’re trying to convey to me exactly. What are you even talking about? Why did you come to this thread of all threads and decide to start pointing this shit out? Which part of this is an issue? I come here to unwind and shoot the shit about killing dumb little horses with my bros because it’s funny, but now I feel like I’m being talked to by a school principal or something. So, what exactly is the issue here? Spell it out for me because I’m not getting it. I can’t make abuse threads? Is that what you’re saying?
You know I was in a good mood before this. Not to mention I’m cranking out content for the site out of good will toward my fellow man for fucking free, and I’m getting my balls broken?
What is the issue at hand? Why did you come to this thread? And don’t say to criticize or critique, I know that, WHY did you feel the need to “critique” because I fail to see how this critique is constrictive and non-combative in any way. What is the problem here?

I meant the post title, not the tags.

As in “4chan Abuse Thread yadda yadda”.

Just as a suggestion, I couldn’t care less if you don’t feel like doing it. Not like I plan on watching abuse on 4chan anytime soon.

1 Like

See, I was thinking of posting a link to my catalog in that thread, but I was worried that would be a dick move.

Why not.

Because I’m not sure if I want 4chan’s attention.

You’ll be fine… but if you’re really worried don’t. Definitely nothing to be scared of though, what do you think is gonna happen? You might as well be afraid of all the posters on this site as much as anything else.

You’re right, I’m not a 4chan traffic cop, nor am I a 4chan mod. And I apologize if it seemed like I was harassing you. That said, I will try to explain. Fluffy threads on 4chan are of interest to me as I had been active on the /trash/ threads for most of last year, and I had spent most of my time trying to get people to see that there was more to fluffy content then abuse. Prior to 2020, most fluffy threads were filled with reposts or old abuse content, as well as people complaining about a “dying fandom”.

I know that you’ve been wanting participation on your 4chan threads. That said, I’m not keen on using fluffycommunity topics as a means of advertising such threads, especially since /trash/ threads auto-delete once they auto-sage. And I do think you’re free to advertise an abuse thread on 4chan, but like I said earlier, I would prefer if you made it a more “general” thread, so that it doesn’t seem like the fandom is centered around only one box (that was the issue of of fluffy threads prior to 2020). This is just a suggestion though, and I apologise if I got carried away.

3 Likes

I think this is of paramount importance. After all, having outsiders see there’s more depth to fluffies than “blood, blood, baby dies, fluffy drowns, fluffy is gaslighted, death, misery & mango salad” works in attracting even people who are tamer when it comes to reading interesting stories. After all, fluffies do make for an interesting species, thanks to their unique characteristics and flaws.

I do not mean to be offensive, but if an average Joe were to pop in and see only the abuse side, especially the “simpler” parts, I am mildly sure they would nope the fook out before having the chance to fall in love with the concept of fluffies.

1 Like

Oculus is not the arbiter of all things fluffy.
However
Oculus is probably the main reason that we have a website at all, today.
He’s the person who is most passionate about keeping fluffies alive (figuratively and literally)
He’s found ways to get in contact with many of the classic fluffy creators
He’s likely the first contact that many such people had before they returned to our community
That’s why he’s an admin here.
When he speaks I listen.
I might not always agree with him, but he’s worth listening to.
Because he always has the best interests of the entire community at heart.

That’s just my two cents.

5 Likes

Dude. What are you, Speech level 100?

Please don’t ask me to borrow you the keys to my house, my car or my wallet because I would likely hand them over.

In all seriousness, this is some sincerely sweet stuff you said.

2 Likes