A Heart of Darkness - Chapter 16: Retribution Part IV - Drowning in Sin (RandomAirPeople)

Yeah. And I think the biggest thing is that an amicable arrangement was possible made this really sad. Even if the smarty was the typical smarty idiot. He just got enough rope to hang himself and the whole herd.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the story so far! Weā€™re at the end game now, two more chapters and an epilogue.

Indeed, the story has always been about Chris and his rapidly declining mental health and isolation. The fluffies have merely been a catalyst to trigger the decline and to also show the depths of it.

Indeed, though I would speculate it goes beyond just jealousy into hatred. The herd was written to have a very tribal, ā€˜us vs themā€™ mentality when it comes to dealing with other fluffies. Its how they have survived this long (and to such a great number) in the unforgiving wilds, and why they go through with their methods. They deliberately kept Indy alive to torture and assault him, explicitly to hurt Chris. They see Chris as his ā€œherdsā€ smarty, and they were pretty sure either Flurry or Indy was the ā€œbestest babyā€. Since Flurry died so quickly, Indy got to be the unfortunate hostage. They did intend to use him as the community poopie babbeh and enfie toy, but this was all so that the smarty would break Chris. I am inclined to believe he had done this before to rival herd smarties (ruin their best baby and murder the rest) to ensure compliance.

in the next chapter (of which Iā€™m half way done) we will discover the mystery to both the remaining ferals and the phone call. Hopefully it does not disappoint.

2 Likes

I will cross my finger on that.