A Punished Baby Pt. 4 (Reddith83r)

I handle spoilers fairly well to be honest.

Heck, I used to get them a lot watching Babylon 5 and going to the Lurkers Guide to Babylon 5.

Anyhow, good work. Sorry I wasn’t in the right mindset for a bleak story, but moods like that are fickle.

I think the best part of it, for me, is how it flat out contradicts the normal “everyone matters, everyone can make a difference” mentality I’ve seen and heard from so many people in so many different walks is life. There’s a lot of things that will happen that will never be more than a blip on the radar of other’s lives if even that.

The cry “I am not a number!” falls flat when, in the end, you end up a statistic to be ignored or passed by.

I’m not gonna say you had a particular metaphor here or something expressly to be said about power structures and those in them. I don’t know your working or you will enough. Narratively speaking the poor foal was doomed, and I don’t think you could’ve done otherwise without changing/violating what was done before. It would’ve been a cheaper ending, I think. A switch and bait.

Again, good work!

2 Likes

Fair assessment? I’ve got my personal preferences and biases, but I hope I the feedback had value.

1 Like

Spoiled in the sense of, there wasn’t something I could immediately link to in order to chase away the bitterness!

Once again, thank you for going out of your way to get through this one. It definitely was insightful.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind, I’d appreciate any feedback you’ve got on my stuff. You don’t like hugbox, right? Avoid Neighborhood Fluffs. July Babies is more neutral, and I think it’s the best thing I’ve done so far.

1 Like

I will definitely take a look since you’ve taken a major step out of your comfort zone. You and @Booperino can expect a piece of tribute art soon for your support!

2 Likes

Oh, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

great read! loved the foal abuse and bleak ending.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like