A Punished Baby (Reddith83r)

I bet that guy has a really shitty living situation.

3 Likes

Definitely doesn’t have a dope ass gaming setup. Definitely doesn’t have an internet connection, otherwise he’d be lurking and trolling this site. What a sad piece of shit indeed.

4 Likes

I assume that simply because berating a filthy fluffy you found in an alley about their living situation kind of feels like projection.

5 Likes

Could be. I enjoy when people find meaning in the details left intentionally vague in these stories. In a way, they take some ownership of them in doing so.

4 Likes

A series to follow Widdow Faggo’s life sounds like a good idea. Great work explaining how his limited preprogrammed mind tries to handle all of his struggles and trauma.

5 Likes

Thank you for reading!

4 Likes

If it isn’t yet weaned, starvation is its fate.

3 Likes

A sadbox series like the series of unfortunate events would be sick. Maybe even a hugbox ending if you’re feeling merciful

2 Likes

Hey @Reddit-Word_H83r , you know there are liable to be people that get upset about the copious use of the word “faggot” in this story, right?
In my opinion, so long as you’re not using the word to attack members, it’s not that big of a deal.
But what would you think about moving this story to Controversial to cut down on arguments?

I haven’t made any decisions one way or another, but I’d like to hear your side of the issue.

6 Likes

I feel like it works here to show how despicable the human is. Truly a redditor.

3 Likes

I’d happily censor the usage to Reddit-Word because it amuses me to do so.

Edit: I have done this thing.

7 Likes

Lmfao.

Use of this word got me banned from Reddit the first time, so it’s forever ingrained as the (Reddit-word) to me. To see someone completely unrelated to that incident make the same connection is so unexpectedly delightful.

7 Likes

Oh please give us more, you’re a god damn wizard at writing suffering fluffies, I NEED MORE

3 Likes

Alrighty then!

3 Likes

@Chikahiro
@Booperino

The idea to ask you two to look at this one came a while ago. Even now, I am unsure if this is something I should do. But in many ways, I realize this story is the thematic inverse of Long Haul. Unintentionally so.

If you get through to the ending of this story, do tell me what your takeaway is. If not, understandable.

This is my usual brand of depravity. :^)

2 Likes

I felt very detached from the overall story. That’ll happen with me and abuse stuff quite often, and one of the reasons I don’t read much of it. I think the oppressiveness of the situation for the foal was more than I wanted to get into.

I had nothing invested to lose, nor much sense of loss as I couldn’t connect with the foal, it’s family, etc. It’s that detached numbness I can feel when seeing “X many people died in an accident” on the news. It’s all intellectual.

That’s not to say it’s poorly written or anything. It just didn’t land for me.

Do appreciate “Reddit Word.” It’s interesting in that it’s something that would be unacceptable in the main two social groups I’m in even though they’re quite opposite each other (ie, my more liberal leaning friends and online friends versus my conservative Christian friends many of whom are not pro-LGBT). Even when I was in the South it wasn’t tossed around or used much.

Regarding abuse: I like @Stwumpo stuff because he’s saying something or aiming at a target. I like @BFM101 for the rich characters I can dig into. So it’s not that I won’t read and enjoy abuse heavy work. But there needs to be something else there for me, and in this case I couldn’t find a hook for me to latch onto. That is, of course, TOTALLY a personal taste thing and has no bearing on the quality of the work (which again, was good but not for me).

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to entrain the request!

I will be take your response as an opportunity to explain what I meant by this story being a thematically inverted Long Haul, without writing an entire essay:

Long Haul was a coming of age story, while this one is about a foal senselessly denied the opportunity to grow up. The loneliness both endure superficially is the same, but resonates differently with the connotation of the respective stories.

I think that is an interesting thing to observe.

3 Likes

so wait does that mean your name translates to “faggot hater”?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Then wait till you see it illustrated :v

1 Like