A Successful Feral Survival Tactic (jem mace)

In my headcanon, the Fall of Cleveland happened. I went with the “Rupert Murdoch plotting to replace fluffies with fuzzies” thing, but added another element: a former Hasbio employee who thought fluffies were a bad idea to begin with and wanted them all gone. And that asshole just kept trying after Cleveland. Murdoch was just a pawn to him.

So the fluffies genuinely weren’t to blame for what happened. They were victims, not accomplices.

And personally, I object to the idea of discriminating against an entire group of sentient lifeforms just because some of them played a part in a horrible disaster.

I mean, we’ve seen people in real life apply that same logic to other real life people, haven’t we? I would name some specific examples, but I don’t want to open that can of worms.

What? No its not. Amd they don’t seem to be begging based on the picture

This is awesome! Can you imagine the endorphin rush of being hugged by dozen adorable fluffies at once? I am adopting this to my headcanons immediately! :heart:

1 Like

Oh, I can’t think of a version of the FoC where the fluffies were to blame, per se. Either it was a tragic accident or arranged by humans, but the fluffies were just there for skettiland.

But the thing is, if fluffies in large enough numbers can destroy a city, then humans will set out to exterminate them, as a matter of practicality if nothing else.

The lack of culpability helps explain why fluffies are still legal to own post FoC, but the lack of legal protections outside of the home is also understandable.

Curious side note, in such a universe, safe rooms would exist not just to protect the fluffy from itself, but also from abusers.

1 Like

Yeah, but it was humans who caused the Fall of Cleveland. If Spaghetti Land hadn’t been built, it wouldn’t have happened. The fluffies are just scapegoats.

And in my headcanon, there’s a lot of things protecting fluffies from abusers. Like that person I mentioned, and his friends.

A major theme of my stories is “What if there are beings who see humans the same way humans see fluffies?” And another theme is mercy, and who deserves it. Someone who shows no mercy to those weaker than them can hardly complain when someone stronger than them shows up and denies them mercy. If someone only sees fluffies as vermin to be slaughtered, they’re in no position to object when, say, a vampire sees humans as nothing but cattle to be fed upon.

1 Like

I keep looking at this and the mare just plopped on her side feeding her foals. Like imagine just eating and some little creature pulls out her pee soaked vag and saggy tits to feed these runts.

nah I think it’s cute actually but my brain is just loving and hating this scene.

This is probably a solid idea. Fluffies appearing in public places may have various outcomes based on headcanon, but it seems realistic that they could be protected by social manners. After all, ripping up a fluffy at the church picnic probably is an REAL awkward chat over lunch.

4 Likes

There is power in a union.

1 Like

“In local news, earlier today a man at the park, who was later confirmed to be a war veteran being treated for PTSD, grusomely killed a feral herd of fluffies that had surrounded him to beg for food. Witnesses say he went completely berserk killing all of the fluffies, and the police were forced to incapacitate him with tasers.”

1 Like

“His victims being only fluffies with no other injuries occurring, the man was released into psychiatric custody with no charges being filed.”

1 Like

Maybe on this site sure, but think of all the regular folk outside of this little niche that would see a waddling fuzzy ball that could kinda speak and just thought “hey that’s pretty neat”

Fluffies IRL would probably be completely fine. I mean, if you so much as slap a hamster you’re frowned upon, imagine doing that same thing but it can beg for it’s life in a childlike manner.
Plus, I don’t think anyone wants to clean up the amount of FLUIDS and EXCREMENT that emerge during physical violence.

Guess that’s why this site exists.

1 Like

That’s fair, but when I see a rabbit my first thought isn’t “maim and kill the overpopulated vermin,” it’s more of a
hee hoo fuzzy bunny
Maybe just the gremlin brain tho

2 Likes

puts stomping boots on

1 Like

It’s a fair cop…

To be fair I’d probably be thrilled to be assaulted by a sea of happy, blubbering teddy bears. For a while, at least.

Cocks shotgun menacingly and aims at you

1 Like

Obviously it’s a matter of headcanon, but I actually view Fluffies as surprisingly parasite/pathogen resistant. Not immune, just resistant. Their weird chimeric workings and mixed-up scents and hormones make it so that a lot of icky creatures and germs simply don’t properly recognize them as a suitable host/food source.

Especially because I also imagine that Hasbio might’ve intentionally bolstered this ability to a degree, and sometimes given them appealing scents too, like fruit, flowers, pastries, etc, because changing scent seems like it’d actually be relatively cheap and easy to accomplish, if you can already make a whole viable chimeric species with speech and toddler intellect.

So in my headcanon, that’s part of why they can successfully multiply in the wild. (although the scents do lead to a side-effect where they can sometimes be harrassed by confused ants, bees, and herbivores)

As somebody who prefers to write more hugbox-ish and neutralboxis settings, I don’t work with the Fall of Cleveland. Upon researching some artists of the booru, some notable artists hadn’t actually read the story, and I feel that mentioning it or acknowledging only gives credence to the idea that fluffies are to be disliked, even if they weren’t culpable in that story. And with the diversity of fluffy canons on the booru, I think there are other ways one can depict a setting for fluffies that doesn’t have to rely on FoC

1 Like

I agree, actually–the FoC is such an extreme story that it really limits world building options. I’ve always considered it an apocryphal story at most, like a fairy tale or urban legend.

But for headcanons where fluffies are largely considered vermin to be exterminated, the FoC does provide an explanation.

For my part, I think feral herds are occasionally pruned, just like feral dogs. That fits with my headcanon that most abuse is actually just typical interactions between hmans and animals, made horrifying by the fact that fluffies can talk.

1 Like