Abandonment ( By: LostDauphin )

I can’t get over how awesome your art is

2 Likes

The little kid said hind legs, would a kid that small know what the back legs on an animal are called?

1 Like

Yes, children are quite clever when it comes to something they like, especially if they are familiar with animals and caring for them.
You’d be surprised how many times my little sister corrects me when I talk about domestic birds.

3 Likes

Hell, I remember that… entire country went under iirc… I believe there’s a vaccination now?

I think that’s unlikely, but not outright impossible.

I mean, most kids like cute things. Most kids wouldn’t want to harm something cute, even if the teacher told them to do it. The poor little bastards would probably start crying.

And any teacher who advocates fluffy abuse would probably get fired, because if you can’t trust them around fluffies, why would you trust them around children? Even if a given parent doesn’t like fluffies, they probably like their kids, and they can probably figure out that there isn’t really that much difference between a kid and a fluffy. And so can the teacher. What really stops the teacher from crossing that line? Don’t say that the law does. The law doesn’t actually stop people from crossing the line, it just discourages doing so, and some people just don’t fucking care.

And if a teacher was caught abusing dogs, they’d get fired for that, wouldn’t they? Again, there’s a lot of similarities between fluffies and dogs.

People don’t have to like fluffies, they should just be pragmatic about it. You wouldn’t trust a thief with your car, you wouldn’t trust an alcoholic with your liquor cabinet, why would you trust an abuser with your children?

3 Likes

Thing is, fluffies are:

• A highly invasive species
  • That can do just massive damage to local ecosystems
  • Which can have real and very nasty effects on small towns in particular

So it wouldn’t surprise me to see a society take an extremely aggressive approach to ferals.

See also: varminting in sagerat country.

1 Like

Okay, but most kids wouldn’t kill a rat, either.

Or a cat, or a rabbit, or any other animal that can be an invasive species.

1 Like

Is that how it is in your universe? Are you just passing off your interpretation as universal fact?

1 Like

Its certainly dependent on your head canon, but to me giving a crippled, suffering creature a swift end and cleaning up the mess is an act of compassion. Now, could the fluffy be potentially rehabilitated and recover to live a full, happy life? Maybe, but not everyone is a bitcoin billionaire.

A real abuser would pretend to be rescuing the fluffy, to add to the suffering with the inevitable betrayal.

This melted my heart :.)

1 Like

I hope you shit yourself.

I suppose that’s going to happen someday, but not for some time.

Frighteningly enough, there’s non-fictional precedent: https://www.educationworld.com/a_admin/archives/unbelievable_school_decisions/bunny_killing.shtml

Awww I’d love to see this play out! It’s cute and has lots of potential, I’m a sucker for healing stories!